What kinda wattage we dealing with chaps?

dogzilla

Aug 1, 2019
London
Power meter is a hugely under-rated addition to an e-bike in my opinion.
If accurate, it can really help instil confidence in terms of your fitness and help aid weight loss through making good dietary choices. I have a Quarq meter on my road bike and the numbers are pretty damn close! So I think I can rely on the numbers coming out of the Levo.

So bit of fun then.... if your feeling brave, what kinda watts you smashing out? I hit 1569 on a 35-40 degree hill that goes on for ages and I almost wiped out but the bazooka went off, lucky I was clipped in. Big lad, big legs, big belly :lol:.

However I am noticing my trail riding average calories are about half what I usually do on the road, I guess that's only to be expected with mountain biking as you do a lot of coasting down hill, that's the fun bit though! I will just have to plan to be out for longer!

TMS

Apr 7, 2019
Finland
After every ride Blevo says max is between 500 and 600 w. No matter how hard I try to smash old records. With Wattbike I had numbers way over 1 000 w.

Last edited:

dogzilla

Aug 1, 2019
London
After every ride Blevo says max is between 500 and 600 w. No matter how hard I try to smash ole records. With Wattbike I had numbers way over 1 000 w.

Hmm v. Interesting. The watt bikes are usually very accurate. If that's true then it's a bit of a let down in terms of relying on it.

Power meter is no good if it's inaccurate!

I couldn't find a way to calibrate. Every power meter I've had has a calibration function.

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
I have a Stages Powermeter on my bionic mountain bike. On often ridden circuits I know my average performance at a certain time.
With 10% Eco on my Levo, I have tested these circuits and have always had less overall performance at the same time.
Therefore I had the impression that the TCU shows too little Rider's-Watt.
Then I mounted my SRAM-compatible-Stages Powermeter on my Levo and recorded with two Garmin Edges the wattages of Levo and Stages. And - lo and behold: the data of Levo and Stages match very well.
Conclusion: you obviously try less with an ebike than with a bionic bike - even at only 10% Eco.

Kim

Apr 27, 2019
Norway
The faster you go the harder it gets to produce watt. Its harder to produce 1000watt at 20kmh than 10kmh.

TMS

Apr 7, 2019
Finland
I have a Stages Powermeter on my bionic mountain bike. On often ridden circuits I know my average performance at a certain time.
With 10% Eco on my Levo, I have tested these circuits and have always had less overall performance at the same time.
Therefore I had the impression that the TCU shows too little Rider's-Watt.
Then I mounted my SRAM-compatible-Stages Powermeter on my Levo and recorded with two Garmin Edges the wattages of Levo and Stages. And - lo and behold: the data of Levo and Stages match very well.
Conclusion: you obviously try less with an ebike than with a bionic bike - even at only 10% Eco.

I have tried also without assistant to break my watt record.

The faster you go the harder it gets to produce watt. Its harder to produce 1000watt at 20kmh than 10kmh.

I don't understand this. Same torque with higher rpm produces more watts. Of course it might be harder to get high torque from legs with higher cadence.

Back to the original question. What kind of max readings you guys have?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles