Levo SL Gen 1 What is the best tire upgrade for the SL in your experience and why?

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I'm thinking of running cush cores in my SL because of the carbon wheels... if I'm going to do this I want to make sure I have the right tires when I install them because it's a royal pain in the Xss!

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Tyres are a personal thing and down to where you ride most. So all you're gonna get are what people themselves ride.

I'm not a fan of the spesh tyres that come on it or on the levo.

My summer setup is:
Nobby NIC front
Rock razor rear

Then in winter I front to back and stick a magic Mary on.

The only other tyres I've real experience with are minions. Dhf, dhr and minion SS.

There's some many new tyres and tyre manufacturers out there, good luck!

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Good point, I primarily ride on relatively flowy single track and stay out of the rocks (as much as possible). We get some mud but tend not to ride in really sloppy conditions.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I run Butcher front and Purgatory rear, both in 2.3 and as Gary has said, adjust air to suit. So far no complaints, I ride it hard and it does what it needs to do.
Also I’m loving the SL!

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Now running 2.3 butcher at front and 2.3 slaughter at rear. Also ha e eliminator and purgatory in stock if the weather gets too wet for semislick.
F/R had panzer inserts.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Now running 2.3 butcher at front and 2.3 slaughter at rear. Also ha e eliminator and purgatory in stock if the weather gets too wet for semislick.
F/R had panzer inserts.
Brother runs the minion ss on his Kenevo which are similar and swears by them. I may have to try them. My Kenevo runs hillbilly front/purgatory rear and I just love it.

idahoskiguy

May 16, 2018
Idaho USA
Destroyed two Butcher Grid tires on the rear of my Kenevo before switching to the Diamond Back. The Diamond Back has a much more robust casing and haven't had any issues with it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles