What is supposed to happen when a tec pack goes flat but internal is full?

Jamsquared

Nov 15, 2019
Rushden, UK
As title really, I expected that the bike would know the tec pack was flat and switch to frame battery on it's own but it went into eco, then the system went to off mode. Had to turn off, disconnect and turn back on. Is this the same as everyone else's?

H1 Dave

Dec 30, 2019
Earby, Lancashire
Yup.
Mine is the same.
I wish once the tec pack was used up it would then automatically switch over to the internal battery but it doesnt you have to disconnect the lead from the tec pack to the bike and restart bike unfortunatly.
Dave.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
I experience the same with 3.rd party external battery (eBooz).

Was quite surprised when the bike suddently stopped in a critical place....but was happy to find out, the internal battery was full :)

It's not that intelligent....room for improvement !

Jamsquared

Nov 15, 2019
Rushden, UK
Thanks for the reassurance that while a pain it's not defective. It takes a few attempts to turn it on when the tec pack is connected I guess that's normal as well?

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
I found I had to press the battery button on the TEC pack before it would register.on the main display...
I always have doubts about which battery is being used as it is not always clear that TEC has actually connected correctly.
Dont want to get caught out on long ride with no juice:rolleyes:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
If the TEC pack cable is connected then the system only sees the TEC pack. You can switch off the TEC pack and remove the cable and then start using the frame battery any time you want to do so. Then switch back again whenever you want. It is actually quite flexible.

If the TEC pack lights up and the bar display comes on, then the TEC pack is supplying the power to the motor and not the frame battery.

Pressing twice to get power happens after the motor has been off for a while (don't know how long). If it's only a short pause, then one press brings the power back on.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles