What features do you like from the 2020 offerings?

Pendo

Jun 13, 2018
Australia
Hi All - after Robs review of what's new in 2020, thought I'd start a thread of what features and innovations you like from the 2020 range.
It may seem small, but for me the new Focus Thron impresses me with the charging port on top of the frame. Makes good sense having it away from the mud and dirt areas down below, not to mention the easy access, something my 2017 Levo lacks.
Also the ease to switch the rear axle between 27.5 & 29 wheel size without compromising the geometry, clever.

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
Higher capacity integrated (but removable) batteries are getting more popular, and no doubt the capacities will improve over time as well.

RCDallas

May 28, 2019
Italy
Like the looks of the integrated batteries and the trend towards larger W/Hrs, as well as Bosch loosing the small chain ring. Don't see very much reduction in weight (mainly due to the larger batteries) or prices getting lower yet.

Having said that, I think the biggest improvement for 2020 is the dialing in of e-MTB geometry with slightly steeper seat angles and slightly slacker head angles and a shorter chain stay...this is what will set these 2020 bikes apart from last years models.

Oh, that and the sheer number of new models Hitting the market!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Agree its the geometry front that interesting - the new Commencal 29'r in particular has caught my interest on that aspect.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Agree its the geometry front that interesting - the new Commencal 29'r in particular has caught my interest on that aspect.
Got a link to a geo chart?

Personally I don't want a stupidly long bike that needs a steeper seat angle to ride it.
slacker and lower is always welcome though
Despite loving short stays on non-Ebikes I think 444mm is kinda my sweetspot for a 27.5 FS Enduro Eeb. Pretty damn stable but still playful.

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
COMMENCAL META POWER 29

Screenshot 2019-06-26 at 18.59.40.png

Screenshot 2019-06-26 at 18.59.58.png

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Meh... BB is still pretty high on the SX

the Vitus still is a better bike in every way for my personal tastes anyway TBH

wonder what the true weight of the SX is

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I am wondering if the Vitus will go internal for 2020
Possibly... or 2021
as with all the Vitus range it'll depend on margins I suppose

Can't really have it competing directly with Nukeproof's forthcoming MEGAWATTS Eeb ;)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
before this gets out of hand i was kidding ;)
I think we might have to wait until Sam hill's 40th ;)

you sort of already have a NP Scout Eeb TBF

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I love almost everything about that Meta SX; the looks, the spec, the geo...

...the price? Not so much. :(

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
I just love the new designs coming through. The bikes look so good, no longer does maybe one or two bikes actually catch my interest, there is a whole bunch of them.

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
I’m in my second season with my Commencal Meta Power and I would buy the same again. For me, the 2020 offerings don’t add anything valuable. I like the convenience/size/weight of the external 504Wh battery and the capacity is spot on.

HikerDave

Feb 9, 2019
Tempe
I’m in my second season with my Commencal Meta Power and I would buy the same again. For me, the 2020 offerings don’t add anything valuable. I like the convenience/size/weight of the external 504Wh battery and the capacity is spot on.

I like the look of an internal battery but I’m not capable of remembering to unplug the battery keeper from my scooter or the charger from my eBike. I’d love a magnetically-held charging port that would disconnect itself.

Besides, it’s hella hot here in Arizona; 43 degrees C yesterday on the way home from work and almost every year we have a few days between 46 and 48 degrees. I’m committed to riding through the summer but I probably should be committed.

I think I’ll be carrying my battery inside for the next few months given that the suggested storage temperature is 30 C or below so battery quick-release is important; no eight-bolt Pivot Shuttle for me.

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
Obviously i am only writing my opinion.
- Battery over 500 heavier and more expansive = not for me
- lack of basic fat
- lack of affordable options
I am sure they have better offerings but they will put them out slowly wich means a bike bought in the next 10 months will have little value in 2 years. They are turning 2 wheelers into cellphones, designed to age fast. I am not planning to put out 5,000$US for a bike or an Ebike. I look, if i find a good match, sure i will buy an Ebike. At least i have 1 that works well for me but up north having 2 is nice.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles