E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Any suggestions for the bike above bearing in mind a couple of dilemmas
I like 150 mm drop ideally - could possibly live with 125 mm
Id like to be able to fully insert it up to the collar
Needs to be internal cable
Insertion depth seems to be limited to about 215 mm then it hits an obstruction in the frame
If dropper has a central cable/ hose connector like a reverb i think it will go lower but the command post cable linkage is on the bottom edge and hits the internal obstruction. So no chance it will go lower
The collar currently sits about 40mm above the seatpost clamp ( see pic )
Any thoughts ?
Thanks

20181109_123243.jpg

DanDilla

Jun 11, 2018
Germany
Dropper Seatposts I think this should help.

Have you tried to pull the command post out and change the position of the actuator? Have not tried myself but would be really interested if you then can slide the post further in as I got the same frame and want to upgrade the post, trying to get the max possible drop.

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
Keep in mind the Command post has about 20mm seat set back and it looks like your seat is already back.
Mostly droppers have zero set back. Exceptions are KS E-ten and 9Point8
So if I get a bike yoke, do I need to slide the seat back to get where the command post was???

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
I've got a 2019 base model T-Levo in medium, and have a BikeYoke Revive 125mm dropper that fits well for me.
What do you think of that bike yoke? You think it is as good as any out there? Does the seat sit more forward than on the command post?

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Dropper Seatposts I think this should help.

Have you tried to pull the command post out and change the position of the actuator? Have not tried myself but would be really interested if you then can slide the post further in as I got the same frame and want to upgrade the post, trying to get the max possible drop.
Really helpful information. Thanks
Haven't had a chance to pursue this yet .
Might get some time this weekend

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
So if I get a bike yoke, do I need to slide the seat back to get where the command post was???
Yes, if you can slide it back that much.
Current 20mm saddle set back as opposed to Bike yoke zero setback.
Keep in mind the Specialized saddles have weak rails. I have broken 4, with one being solid steel rail and the others crmo.
Sliding a saddle all the way back ( especially Spesh saddles) is a recipe for bendy bendy breaky breaky.

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
Yes, if you can slide it back that much.
Current 20mm saddle set back as opposed to Bike yoke zero setback.
Keep in mind the Specialized saddles have weak rails. I have broken 4, with one being solid steel rail and the others crmo.
Sliding a saddle all the way back ( especially Spesh saddles) is a recipe for bendy bendy breaky breaky.
I got a diffferent seat so maybe the rails are good to slide back about 15 mm or so. I guess the frame geo is designed for the command post as far as peddle alignment. What’s your thoughts, if the command post is set back 20mm then we all should be sliding back on the rails when going to a new dropper and seat combo?

DanDilla

Jun 11, 2018
Germany
Really helpful information. Thanks
Haven't had a chance to pursue this yet .
Might get some time this weekend

If you try this, could you please measure the clearance of the seattube to the collar until you hit the Motor/ first obstacle?
So I can calculate with the different actuators without removing it myself... :D

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I got a diffferent seat so maybe the rails are good to slide back about 15 mm or so. I guess the frame geo is designed for the command post as far as peddle alignment. What’s your thoughts, if the command post is set back 20mm then we all should be sliding back on the rails when going to a new dropper and seat combo?
Maybe
The base 2018 Levo came with a standard post with 8mm set back.
As long as you have an adjustable range that will get your saddle in the correct position, then all is good. The Command post set back is often overlooked, and some buy a new zero offset post and find they no longer have enough adjustment.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles