What do you weigh your bike with?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I use an old style coil spring scale, bought for weighing suitcases. It is accurate enough and consistent too. But it and the one you linked to both have the same problem in that someone has to lift the gauge and bike up in the air and stop their arms from quivering while someone else reads the scale!

If only my digital bathroom scales were consistent enough, I could weigh me with and without bike and subtract the difference!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Last time I did it on set of scales, weighed myself, then weighed myself holding the bike

HikerDave

Feb 9, 2019
Tempe
I don’t it’s an heavy ebike the weight is of no consequence.

I didn’t weigh my previous motorless bike or my current eBike; I’m 20 lbs overweight at 204 lbs so a few extra pounds on the bike doesn’t bother me. As a former chronic breaker of hubs and spokes and ripper of tire sidewalls I now choose heavy and durable components over light weight parts. The only time I notice bike weight is when I put it on the rack.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Set of scales screwed to garage ceiling. Cost a few quid from eBay.

IMG_20170914_140054134.jpeg

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Bathroom scales. They’re accurate enough.

Its not like I weigh my bikes often, it was just interesting to compare: “wow my Kenevo is 50% heavier than my trail bike....wow my trail bike is really heavy...how is my DH bike lighter than my trail bike...”

Then I went and rode bikes again and stopped caring about weight.

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Bathroom scale, if you're uncomfortable to weight yourself with bike you can weight each wheel separatelly and then add both values together ...

Last edited:

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
Feedback sports, they make bike racks that are great, floor stands, XL version works well for ebikes and this scale. I don't have any relationship with them but I like to get good stuff that works well and lasts. The bike stand is amazing.

scale.jpg

flash

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
My bathroom scales exactly match the ones at the airport so I figure they're accurate enough for my bike.

Downside is I know exactly how fat I am!!

Gordon

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Got these in a sale a few years ago when we started annoying the chef using her kitchen scales , it’s interesting to wiegh parts more than whole bikes , especially wheels and tyres . Always gives a racer the edge if they believe they have chosen the lighter faster parts ?

22F77CE1-AAD7-4317-954D-E181898395AE.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles