Levo Gen 2 What do I need to upgrade to full AXS?

James Coles

Nov 24, 2020
Austin
Hello guys,

Just bought a used 2020 Sworks Turbo Levo and would like to upgrade to an Sram AXS groupset.

Will buying the full $2000 X01 or XX1 DUB Groupset work and will the XG 12 speed cassette that comes with it bolt on to my hub? Apparently its XD...

Anything else I would need or might not work?

thanks!
JC

Last edited:

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Hello guys,

Just bought a used 2020 Sworks Turbo Levo and would like to upgrade to an Sram AXS groupset.

Will buying the full $200 X01 or XX1 DUB Groupset work and will the XG 12 speed cassette that comes with it bolt on to my hub? Apparently its XD...

thanks!
JC
You don't need the full group set that comes with the cranks. Buy an Eagle cassette/ chain separate, then buy an AXS upgrade kit, which is the shifter/ derailleur, battery charger. $200 won't get you near and X01 cassette unless you buy a well used one.

James Coles

Nov 24, 2020
Austin
You don't need the full group set that comes with the cranks. Buy an Eagle cassette/ chain separate, then buy an AXS upgrade kit, which is the shifter/ derailleur, battery charger. $200 won't get you near and X01 cassette unless you buy a well used one.

Sorry, meant 2,000! What happens if I do use the dub cranks... some places have the full kit for 1,600 so it would cost nearly the same than buying separate... thanks!

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Sorry, meant 2,000! What happens if I do use the dub cranks... some places have the full kit for 1,600 so it would cost nearly the same than buying separate... thanks!
I’m new to Ebikes but they all come with specific cranks unlike analog bikes don’t they, so why buy the Dub cranks with the complete kit? Go to Pinkbike.com and the XX1 upgrade kit is new for $824. A new X01 cassette and chain is $400. All for $1250-1300 max with fees and shipped. I do have a new X01 Eagle cassette if you go this route and need one.

MSH

Nov 8, 2020
Spain
Hello guys,

Will buying the full $2000 X01 or XX1 DUB Groupset work and will the XG 12 speed cassette that comes with it bolt on to my hub? Apparently its XD...

thanks!
JC
If the chainring, cassette and chain are OK, then you really only need the derailleur and the controller. If you look second hand you may even find it for 600€.

Vilt

Feb 13, 2019
Berg en Terblijt, The Netherlands
Do NOT get the XX1 for e-bike usage. Get the X01, it is sturdier.

You just need the derailleur, shifter and a 12-speed casette. If your bike has one, just use that one. If you don't have a 12 speed yet, get one that fits on your hub - they are available for XD and Shimano hubs. I would get an NX-grade cassette, but if you want you can get the fancy gold one for €400-something.

(I installed AXS on my 2019 Comp levo.)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles