What did you do today? Share your experiences ?

55plusmxinsanity

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 18, 2019
Apple Valley, California
Sick ride in Honda Valley this morning. High Desert has cooled off a bit. Hesperia, California

4D96E52E-BB87-4346-B61A-EBBE8E677761.jpeg

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Today, took my daughter (8 years) ice skating. No biggie.

But yesterday got her down Yoghurt Pots (ParkLife to old timers, still not up with these new names**) and Tredders on Holmbury Hill***. Bloody good going on her little Islabike if I say so myself.

** the proper name for Barry Knows Best is Golden Birdies. It just is.

*** Surrey Hills, about an hour south of London for people in newfangled parts.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
No ride, fractured hip to painful from walking on it without crutches

I think you need to be doing reviews on crutches and crutch technique .. or crutch critique .. lets face it, with this hobby there's a good chance we'll all be using them at some point, though hopefully e-crutches. Fractured my pelvis in March after a good otb over a fast drop, so I can understand some of your frustrations !! :)

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Back to the trail building in Henry County Kentucky.
20190922_153625.jpg

My helper for the day, granddaughter, found a buckeye tree. Needless to say she collected alot of Buckeyes but didnt clear much trail. Lol. Only managed about 50 feet but its quality time spent.
20190922_160122.jpg

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I think you need to be doing reviews on crutches and crutch technique .. or crutch critique .. lets face it, with this hobby there's a good chance we'll all be using them at some point, though hopefully e-crutches. Fractured my pelvis in March after a good otb over a fast drop, so I can understand some of your frustrations !! :)
Funny but maybe not too funny. Hate to laugh about somebodies suffering but Zimmerframe finds a way!

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
Today was a great day.

Sunny and almost summerly temps. Got in a shortish spin on my Spark, then spent a lot of the day googling and trying to decide on what route to go and what parts to get for my build once the Levo frame arrives...

Man, it's a jungle out there with bike parts, brands and not least opinions on everything for this sport.

All I really know after spending countless hours is that;

Before I was uncertain... Now, I'm just not sure anymore...

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
You've got your work cut out for you there ! Looks like fun though ! I'd never realised that a buckeye was a type of chestnut ! learn something new everyday :)
I really dont know. We just call them buckeyes and they are supposed to be good luck so we almost never leave them be. General advice around these parts is they are poisonous?

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
""Eating Buckeye Nuts
Buckeye nuts are actually mildly toxic in their uncooked state, but you can eat them after removing them from their shells and roasting them. In the past, Native Americans would roast, peel, and mash the buckeye nuts into a fairly nutritional paste that they would eat.""

Aesculus - Wikipedia

Why would I ever doubt the Zimmerframe. It is a chesnut. We hillbillies call them Buckeyes ye all

Jaygam

Feb 14, 2019
Hampshire
Today I sold the last of the Ducati’s. Apart from the one I’m keeping to pass down to my son. After 21 years knowing I’ll not ride a motorbike again is very odd.

Looking for deals on ebikes but not finding any. Will keep hunting. Keep wondering if an analogue would be more sensible, then I remember 0-120 in 4 seconds and think I need some kind of motor. Plus my knee is shagged.

But yeah, feel hollow.
Why don't you get the Ducati ebike??
My knee is shagged as well, towards the end of the battery I need boost for any kind of climbs! Fast trails and jumps make it unhappy quick. It usally recovers by next day.
Ebike is heavier remember it may fatigue knees earlier in some situations, but assist in others :/

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
there's more than one kind of chestnut - in England "conkers" are the horse chestnut, AFAIK not edible. but we have another type that is, roast chestnuts used to be a staple early to mid winter.

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
Ohhhh, Roasted chestnuts sounds very good right now.

Damn it! Need to stay out of the fridge...:rolleyes:

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
First flat in ages yesterday, so took my Levo rear wheel into the LBS today for a new tyre - Butcher Grid (2500k) being replaced with Eliminator Blck Dmnd. Would do it myself, but the CushCore sounds like a handful! Then I can say I have "2020 spec" tyres at least.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Even in the current conditions Magic Marys like to drop studs...
IMG_0223.JPG

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Rare opportunity to ride snow in Kentucky. It was a hoot, and the assegai fr recon rr did well. I never doubted the assegai but the rekon pleasantly surprised me on the frozen mud.
20191112_102628.jpg
20191112_100348.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles