What did you do to your Levo/Kenevo today?

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
I don't believe we have one of these threads yet (or it's just buried pages and pages back) so thought I'd kick it off!

Not the most exciting but I went tubeless today with Cushcores front and year.... Wow what a fiddly install those are. Threw in orange sealant. We'll see how it gets on when the weather turns a bit.

SmartSelect_20191212-194608_Gallery.jpg

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
On my new 2020 Levo Comp:

I swapped bars to Sqlab 30x 16 degree sweep aluminum bars.

Installed Revolution Pro suspension grips.

Installed rsilver’s deslackinators in the Guide brakes.

Had LBS install Vittoria Air-Liners with WTB Vigilantes 2.6, 2.8 tough high grip on Spank 395+ Oozy wheels (i35) using Muc-off sealant, along with a Sunrace 11-46 cassette...so I have a spare wheelset (minus an extra speed sensor magnet).

LBS said it took 3 people to get those Air-liners installed with those tires/rims...the videos I saw made it look easy.

Had LBS take one token out of the Lyrik, still need to remove a spacer from the shock.

Still deciding on fenders...ordered a Mudhugger large rear...now have Sicomtb and Will Hesch’s Turbo Guard.

Have a Crud XL front fender bought for another bike, but I use a Thule Insta-Gator in my truck bed (arm holds bike using front tire where fender is) so not sure yet which front fender I will use.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I don't believe we have one of these threads yet (or it's just buried pages and pages back) so thought I'd kick it off!

Not the most exciting but I went tubeless today with Cushcores front and year.... Wow what a fiddly install those are. Threw in orange sealant. We'll see how it gets on when the weather turns a bit.

View attachment 22897
I can’t recommend Cushcore enough. I can now install them in twenty minutes but I use the Park WH-1 to hold the wheel while I do it.
69FAFDA7-A178-47CE-B9AA-C718C0BF98CA.jpeg

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Yesterday I had Shimano XTR brakes fitted and I bolted on a front mudguard from RRP.

Today I swapped my chainring for a praxis 36t and wrapped some electrical tape around my TCU.

Will Hesch

Dec 3, 2019
Yesterday I had Shimano XTR brakes fitted and I bolted on a front mudguard from RRP.

Today I swapped my chainring for a praxis 36t and wrapped some electrical tape around my TCU.

Pyro, I've been hesitating to mount a front fender as we carry our bikes on a Thule rack which clamps on the front tires. Thule recommends clamping as close as possible to the forks which I think would mess-up the fender or at least the connection to the fork. Is this an issue with the RRP fender?
Thanks, Will

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Pyro, I've been hesitating to mount a front fender as we carry our bikes on a Thule rack which clamps on the front tires. Thule recommends clamping as close as possible to the forks which I think would mess-up the fender or at least the connection to the fork. Is this an issue with the RRP fender?
Thanks, Will
Hi Will,
I'm afraid I have no experience with Thule racks, sorry. I don't even drive lol.
No idea if this is what you have, but I found this pic on Google images:
https://cdn1.static-tgdp.com/ui/pro...ng.all/33/40/603340_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg
I'd guess it may be close to, or touching the rear of the fender.
The fender extends about 6.5 inches from the front of my fork and approximately 12.5 inches to the rear.

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
Thanks, Will

Most front fenders release really easily. I'd find one you can take on and off in a breeze for when you are transporting. The crud xl and sicomtb come to mind. Velcro or bungies release fast

Last edited:

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
I can’t recommend Cushcore enough. I can now install them in twenty minutes but I use the Park WH-1 to hold the wheel while I do it.
View attachment 22922

Cushcore is the best! Wouldn't ride without it!
The first one took me an hour to put on... But the second only half an hour.
You get the hang of it, it's no big deal.
And we'll!! Worth it.
I can now run air pressure down to 12psi! If needed..
Tim

IMG_20190419_103231.jpg

IMG_20190419_105511.jpg

IMG_20190419_104352.jpg

IMG_20190419_103638.jpg

20 in 10

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
2020 Levo Expert XL, recently fitted Cush Core to both wheels with standard tires. I watched the videos and read the instructions and they fitted up pretty good. I am happy with the results so far. I am now at 19 PSI front and rear and will experiment a bit more. I weigh 95 kg on a good day so not sure how low I can go. The tracks here are pretty rocky. Today I fitted some Renthal Fatbars that I had lying around, they are 800 mm wide and 40 mm rise. they are 60g lighter than stock but that is not the reason for fitting them. They look good in the gold color. This week I replaced the brake levers with Code RSC. They are really nice compared to the standard levers with a smoother and lighter feel, not sure why. I did it for the contact point adjustment as I have big hands and like my brakes to bite early in the lever travel.

Mamil

Aug 16, 2019
UK
After 6 miles I turned around and I took mine to the LBS, I had a red and blue light on the control panel.m and the bike died.

Apparently it’s nothing to worry about and all ok now.

Anyone have any similar experiences?

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
Busy weekend for my bikes. My 2020 Kenevo Comp got treated to some Boxxers off the expert ( bombers are available if anyone is interested). Then my Levo Expert, got a 2.1 charger installed and the Revelations on the comp became Pikes with the damper out of the expert. Happy days !

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
Busy weekend for my bikes. My 2020 Kenevo Comp got treated to some Boxxers off the expert ( bombers are available if anyone is interested). Then my Levo Expert, got a 2.1 charger installed and the Revelations on the comp became Pikes with the damper out of the expert. Happy days !
Would love to hear how it feels with the "2.1 charger"... What you feel it improves.. and so on.
As I have a 2018 kenevo expert.. with the Lyric.. and am verry happy with it, except that it is not plush at the begining of the stroke.. on the big hits! It's great! So was wondering if the new "charger" would fix this..
Thanks!
Tim

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
I took out an insurance for my Kenevo running for 5 years today. Included is bike and parts theft, crash replacement, motor and battery damage, wear parts and a pickup service all over europe. A sort of all-round carefree package.:giggle:

Not cheap, but i think it's worth the money.... especially if the motor or battery is damaged after warranty.

pavelmatic

Dec 3, 2019
Lörrach, Germany
I took out an insurance for my Kenevo running for 5 years today. Included is bike and parts theft, crash replacement, motor and battery damage, wear parts and a pickup service all over europe. A sort of all-round carefree package.:giggle:

Not cheap, but i think it's worth the money.... especially if the motor or battery is damaged after warranty.

That sounds familiar... ENRA?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles