What did you buy your ebike this week?

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
A bit more red to break up the black on the Comp..
Race Face Bars & Stem & DMR Grips.

20210226_074720.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I just love the names of these things... Dissector, Aggressor, Butcher, Wild ?

I guess names like daffodil, petal and pansy just wouldn’t sell so well.
I guess it works the other way round too ..

"daffodil, petal and pansy " all sounds like great names for ladies sanitary products, but I can't imagine them running out to buy the "Dissector, Aggressor, Butcher, Wild" :)

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
An £11.99 brand X seat post, and a 30.9 to 34.9 seat post shim.

My Reverb AXS is having issues, so I had to return it to Tredz for warranty repair. I don’t still have the old post, and can’t be bothered removing the one from my Stumpy.

Fearing the Reverb might be away for a few weeks, I bought the Brand X one as a fill in, so I can still use the bike. It’ll be interesting to see how inconvenient not having a dropper is after having one for the last 6 years!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
A new chain and cassette after my chain snapped last Saturday. It had only done 1816 miles.

It's done a few more now though, although it is running two split links.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
those sprockets, I simply reverse them and get double the life
I havent tried it yet.

I had a haibike xduro 20t sprocket and that needed replacing but im not willing to pay 95 euros for a sprocket that dont even last a year. The only thing that bothers me is going back from 20t to 18 t

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
A new chain and cassette after my chain snapped last Saturday. It had only done 1816 miles.

It's done a few more now though, although it is running two split links.
thats what i like to hear, some body squeezing every
teeny weeny little bit of life out of it:ROFLMAO:

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I havent tried it yet.

I had a haibike xduro 20t sprocket and that needed replacing but im not willing to pay 95 euros for a sprocket that dont even last a year. The only thing that bothers me is going back from 20t to 18 t

yeah I didn’t even make a year on mine before I had to reverse it.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Do i also need to shorten the chain? From 20t to 18 t?

i could be wrong but I’m guessing you would remove just one link by going from 20t to 18t

I have a 15t and am happy with that. Any bigger and I would struggle to climb really steep hills even in the lowest gear

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
just jammed it internally so that it won't work anymore, ie broken.
When they do that you can normally take the little screws off and reset the mechanism - it's become quite common on some of the cheaper ones these days, the little ratchet jumps out of step and need putting back. It's pretty obvious when you open it up.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
When they do that you can normally take the little screws off and reset the mechanism - it's become quite common on some of the cheaper ones these days, the little ratchet jumps out of step and need putting back. It's pretty obvious when you open it up.
I had looked at the possibilities for repair and written it off. But I couldn't bring myself to throw it away as I believed that sooner or later someone would tell me how to fix it. I'll have another look.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles