What did you buy your ebike this week?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I'm afraid there a complete waste of money. I've had 2 now and the major flaw in the design is the hammer and spring which arent fit for purpose. you are better off with the Oi Luxe bell which as a different design on the hammer and spring but still maintains the same design
Now you tell me! I won't be using it much though.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
you are better off with the Oi Luxe bell which as a different design on the hammer and spring but still maintains the same design
Na, they screwed up that one too. the hammer bearings are crap. What you want is the Oi Super De-luxe bell. This does away with the hammer and spring and replaces it with a small spoon you hang off your handlebars. It's obviously more appealing to cyclists because it has a useful inbuilt spoon which can also double as an emergency tyre lever or very small spade.

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
Put on a set of these. I've only got one ride on them but so far they seem like a huge improvement over the stock Guide RE pads. For my rides (dry, XC with lots of elevation gains losses, some very long and steep descents but not crazy downhill speeds) the Kevlar version seemed like a logical option. ~$30 for 4 sets is cheap enough that lifespan shouldn't be a concern. They have great modulation and power while being super quiet with none of the rubbing sound of the stock pads.

pads.jpg

Last edited:

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
Put on a set of these. I've only got one ide on them but so far they seem like a huge improvement over the stock Guide RE pads. For my rides (dry, XC with lots of elevation gains losses, some very long and steep descents but not crazy downhill speeds) the Kevlar version seemed like a logical option. ~$30 for 4 sets is cheap enough that lifespan shouldn't be a concern. They have great modulation and power while being super quiet with none of the rubbing sound of the stock pads.

View attachment 34275
So you can't get a decent falsetto out of them?
Barry Gibb would be disappointed ?

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
IMG_7600.JPG

I'm getting there just need the bike
PNW components grips loam lever under bars dropper remote Eddy Currents as they were on offer and new shoes as my 8 year old shoes are getting a bit tiered

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
Put on a set of these. I've only got one ride on them but so far they seem like a huge improvement over the stock Guide RE pads. For my rides (dry, XC with lots of elevation gains losses, some very long and steep descents but not crazy downhill speeds) the Kevlar version seemed like a logical option. ~$30 for 4 sets is cheap enough that lifespan shouldn't be a concern. They have great modulation and power while being super quiet with none of the rubbing sound of the stock pads.

View attachment 34275
Just ordered on your recommendation (y)

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
Well I have been a bit trigger happy the last 7 days. New Trek Rail 7 2020 model, a nice Salsa stem top cap (standard ones are boring), front mud hugger, carbon bars, Osprey bum bag thing as I dislike riding with a back pack and a charge spoon saddle in brown. Also managed to bodge an old ass saver seat mudguard into a rear mudguard fitted to my Rail 7. Spent multiple hours just tinkering and riding.

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
my chain snapped yesterday, with almost 700 miles on it. Happened just as I was shifting to do a steep climb. Also noticed after the ride when I was cleaning it, the bottom jockey wheel has a split right down the centerline of a tooth? Coincidental? Cause?

So new sram PC1110 chain, some new powerlinks (thank heavens I recently bought one), some new BBB jockey wheels. Oh and some UVEX glasses as they were on sale at tredz.

Here's the faulty link.

IMG20200624175923.jpg

nosuchuser

Jun 10, 2020
London
Deathgrips.

Non ebike, off down the rabbit hole of dropper and 1x conversion. Did you know, there is only 1 model of 94 bcd 5 bolt narrow wide chain ring on the market?

Vintage cranks my arse...

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
A Redneck haircut...

IMG_1118.jpg

That’s a 27.5 wheel and 2.6” tyre in there now. It’s slackened the head angle by about 1deg and dropped the BB from a measured 340mm to 328mm. I may have to flip the Mino Link...

What will it do to/for the handling? No fucking idea.
Will I have fun finding out? Oh hell yeah!

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I guess you could class this as one for the bike... or maybe one for the car?!
Today, I got a Buzzrack eScorpion 1 tow bar mounted rack for a single bike.
I also have an Atera Strada DL3 for 3 bikes, but since I’m mainly going out on my own these days, I thought a single rack would be easier to fit, and less to clean!
All ready for being released from lockdown ?
Tonight, I drove to one of the forests I’ve been cycling to - as it’s ~5 miles from my house.
Very pleased with the ease of fitting and stability. Doesn’t feel as good quality as the Atera, but it was less than half the price.

9957DB75-D0FF-4080-AD8C-2AA62DCA0745.jpeg

7B1881DB-9D28-48DE-8286-01402CFA2834.jpeg

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW
A Redneck haircut...

View attachment 34623

That’s a 27.5 wheel and 2.6” tyre in there now. It’s slackened the head angle by about 1deg and dropped the BB from a measured 340mm to 328mm. I may have to flip the Mino Link...

What will it do to/for the handling? No fucking idea.
Will I have fun finding out? Oh hell yeah!

Doomanic - looks good. Lets us know what you think on the handling and ride compared to the 29' tyre. I am thinking of maybe doing the same. Cheers

Frankenbetty

Jun 6, 2020
Llandegla
Mine got a new 11 speed SLX shifter and mech with an XT 11x42 cassette and chain. Much nicer all round than the 9speed Sunrace cassette with Alivio shifter/mech mix it had from new. Was relatively easy to fit too and the Shimano quick links are miles better than the joining pins they used to have. M’appy! ?

Kaelidoz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium
New Chinese dropper lever, for 15€ on Ebay. It works great for the price. Certainly better than the original Brand-X. Not very tactile but pretty sharp and smooth actuation. Just what I needed after servicing the Brand-X ascend 2 !

IMG_20200702_204920.jpg

IMG_20200705_203843.jpg

Cheap Mavic front wheel, fresh 180 disc and Reverse Components 6 bolts front and rear.

IMG_20200630_125838.jpg

IMG_20200629_212133.jpg

IMG_20200629_212223.jpg

#QR 5mm life

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
The Asgard bike storage box I ordered months ago finally got delivered at the weekend, now to try and build it once the wind subsides ?

Yoak

Apr 5, 2020
Norway
I bought another derailleur. This time a shifter as well, as I’m tiered of SRAM gx derailleurs that breaks. Got an XTR shifter and deore derailleur. I’ll try that combo. My local bike mechanic said they are more than good enough and stuff tends to break on emtbs, so it’s a lot cheaper

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles