What did you buy your ebike this week?

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Second replacement set of front wheel bearings in 6 months. Rears are still original but shes eating fronts. Front hub has had some water ingress from new which won’t be helping I suppose. Perhaps a try for a warranty replacement hub.

Pabs

Jul 27, 2019
London
Christmas came early for the Decoy, A proper yellow Maxxis DHF to replace the manufacturer supplied stuff and a One Up carbon bar to try :)
20191209_111010.jpg

20191209_111122.jpg

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I didn't choose the colour of my bike. It was an end-of-year special-deal I couldn't refuse, so fate chose the colour for me. I don't like loud brash colours so my immediate plan was to paint the bright green bits with white or grey "plasti-dip" aerosol spray paint. The type used on cars that can be peeled-off at a later date.

But my son intervened and said "just embrace the green, dad - own it!" :rolleyes:

I've never ever bought alloy jockey wheels in the past because they'd be noisy. Well, these ceramic gimmicks are dead quiet - either that or I can't hear them over the sound of the motor... :unsure: And no, I'm not getting deaf in my old age. Doesn't matter... I don't expect them to last very long.

Alloy Jockey Wheels.jpg

I should've painted the green accents white - everything else would've been fine left in black. Instead, now I'm like a little kid again with a 1980s BMX bike, goofing around with matching anodised parts!

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I didn't choose the colour of my bike. It was an end-of-year special-deal I couldn't refuse, so fate chose the colour for me. I don't like loud brash colours so my immediate plan was to paint the bright green bits with white or grey "plasti-dip" aerosol spray paint. The type used on cars that can be peeled-off at a later date.

But my son intervened and said "just embrace the green, dad - own it!" :rolleyes:

I've never ever bought alloy jockey wheels in the past because they'd be noisy. Well, these ceramic gimmicks are dead quiet - either that or I can't hear them over the sound of the motor... :unsure: And no, I'm not getting deaf in my old age. Doesn't matter... I don't expect them to last very long.

View attachment 22867

I should've painted the green accents white - everything else would've been fine left in black. Instead, now I'm like a little kid again with a 1980s BMX bike, goofing around with matching anodised parts!

Nothing wrong with green ?
B2975A79-D29B-4056-9DF9-999F58A8CDD2.jpeg
B82C2871-F6A9-4499-B0EC-7BE6FD127113.jpeg
AC67C2E2-EC12-4088-9A50-AADDE24A7F69.jpeg
5D9F3758-CE7C-44B1-B44A-E8C9A0803F11.png

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Me again. This week it's a bolt on front proguard. Annoying after buying a strap on(lol) only last week. I'll put that on the back(!)
New thicker grips after finding I like the feel using thicker winter gloves. Pics to follow.
Looking like a mech too. My lbs have adjusted the xx1 till were sick of it. It either jumps on the 1st and 2nd or takes ages to drop into top. Sometimes for minutes! Did the hanger for a better quality one to no avail.
Think I'll get an x01 to replace, hoping it will be more durable. Thoughts?
That's it for this week. Over and out.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Got a pair of Tannus Armour tyre inserts. Cant be bothered with messing around with tubeless and the weight isnt exactly going to be an issue, is it!!!!

I bought one but just couldn’t get the tyre on with the Tannus insert in. I’m sure I’ll give it another go one day

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
What size tyres/wheels are you fitting the Tannus on? mine took a few minutes, a few good how to on youtube helped.

I got the correct one for 29 inch wheels. I’m sure I’ll have more success next time. I couldn’t break the bead on one side of the tyre which didn’t help matters

benny.c

Apr 21, 2019
North West
Got fed up of pensioners and dog walkers shouting at me on shared bike trails despite me always being polite and saying, “excuse me”, so purchased a bell. Wish I hadn’t done too much research as I ended up with a Spurcycle which is lovely but stupidly priced. Having fitted it today it’s probably too high pitched for pensioners and dogs to hear anyway :ROFLMAO: It’s nice and loud though.

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
Shouted my X2 shock a full service (well overdue). And Fox 36 forks a full service with Vorsprung Luftkappe upgrade. Just put the bike back together and wow, really noticed the difference after an easy ride. Will try something bigger on Saturday.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
New Shimano 11 speed cassette, derailleur, shifter etc to replace the (admittedly very reliable) 8 speed EX1 Sram setup, fitted it myself which is quite an achievement for me tbh :)

Agamemnon

Nov 17, 2019
Florida
Thinking about buying.....does that count? If so, living in the heat and humidity of Florida, am considering a Specialized Ambush with Angi. The non- Comp one..... would love some feedback on it. or on any super light, and cool helmet

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles