What did you buy your ebike this week?

Master_G

Oct 13, 2019
Gloucester
Bought a special edition Charge Spoon to replace the Henge that is on my Kenevo (no more numb nether regions!)

IMG_20191030_205739.jpg

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Fork work, after stiction on rfx got to, “beyond a joke”. Evo upgrades and service.
Fox attack water gloves. Seem good but only used twice so far. Under 5 degrees, light rain ok up to now.
warmer(much more expensive) sealskinz gloves today when above failed to keep hands warm around 1 degree earlier.
yet more muc off!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
A Zee mech and shifter so I can run a 10 speed 11-25 cassette for commuting (my off road wheelset will get an 11-36t)
40T + cassette sprockets are pointless for me on an Ebike and an 11 speed cassettes and chains is twice the price

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I have found this transition pretty long and difficult, feet flying off on the top of the travel n stuff..
Learn to bunny hop with platforms (easier on an analogue bike)... wear shin guards at first!

Start with small pops. Press your weight down onto horizontal cranks (to compress the tyres) and pop both wheels off the ground at the same time - without your feet leaving the platform pedals. Even just an inch high is fine. Keep doing that until something in your brain clicks and your wheel pops get a bit higher...

Then check out some YouTube videos on how to bunny hop. Lift front wheel first, then pop the rear wheel up a moment later - it's more timing and balance rather than brute strength. Just little hops to begin with, making sure you don't lift your feet more than how much you can cause your pedals (and rear wheel) to pop up.

You don't need to know how to bunny hop real high... just a few inches is enough. Once you acquire this skill set, you'll seldom get wrong footed in the trail. (y)

ryturn

Sep 12, 2019
Australia
Lots of the problems people have flats is the wrong shoe ...super soft soles.
Personally CrankBrothers E Mallet are as good as it gets.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Learn to bunny hop with platforms (easier on an analogue bike)... wear shin guards at first!

Start with small pops. Press your weight down onto horizontal cranks (to compress the tyres) and pop both wheels off the ground at the same time - without your feet leaving the platform pedals. Even just an inch high is fine. Keep doing that until something in your brain clicks and your wheel pops get a bit higher...

Then check out some YouTube videos on how to bunny hop. Lift front wheel first, then pop the rear wheel up a moment later - it's more timing and balance rather than brute strength. Just little hops to begin with, making sure you don't lift your feet more than how much you can cause your pedals (and rear wheel) to pop up.

You don't need to know how to bunny hop real high... just a few inches is enough. Once you acquire this skill set, you'll seldom get wrong footed in the trail. (y)

cheers for the tips mate. its not that stuff I have a problem with, somewhere inside from my BMX days I remembered how to bunny hop etc and even a little bit of really bad trials but, where it goes wrong for me is quick pedalling on the trail, realising my feet arent really in the right position on the pedal (dont have to think about that with clips) and getting bucked off the pedals because im just not used to having to create that bent knee stance...

im glad I changed my pedals at the same time as getting the ebike though because the bike needs to be ridden differently anyway, so its all lumped into a new learning experience.

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
Crud XL front, RRP proguard rear and RRP enduroguard 'delicately adjusted' to fill the gap left by the proguard, because you can't have too many mud guards or zipties right ? I need to trim a bit more off the enduroguard but it's never going to be pretty.

20191112_143118.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Crud XL front, RRP proguard rear and RRP enduroguard 'delicately adjusted' to fill the gap left by the proguard, because you can't have too many mud guards or zipties right ? I need to trim a bit more off the enduroguard but it's never going to be pretty.

View attachment 22254
Fit an RRP Proguard FRONT to your chainstays. The RRP rear doesn't do a very good job at all

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
I bought the new RRP bolt on mudguard, no cable ties required!

View attachment 22260

Yes after loads of research I went for the crud xl, they must have released this the minute I pressed buy. I'm not bitter, no really I'm not ?
Fit an RRP Proguard FRONT to your chainstays. The RRP rear doesn't do a very good job at all

wise words, alas a bit too late for me but hopefully others can benefit

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles