What did you buy your ebike this week?

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
1638635511196.png

it was cheap enough to justify for using over winter.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I’ve had the original for 9 years now. They got a bit of hate originally based on them breaking and lack of spares. But mine has been absolutely faultless. Deffo worth the money
I asked for one for xmas about 3 years ago before i had Ebike never opened the box yet. I should sell it

Geedog

Subscriber
Dec 5, 2020
Shillington, Bedfordshire
Hello, I got this for weekend's away off grid, bluetti eb150, they had a black Friday deal on, ordered monday and arrived yesterday, £300 off and still not cheap, but will just charge both batteries.
And also a pair of maxxis shorty,s for local muddy riding.

20211203_151817.jpg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Hello, I got this for weekend's away off grid, bluetti eb150, they had a black Friday deal on, ordered monday and arrived yesterday, £300 off and still not cheap, but will just charge both batteries.
And also a pair of maxxis shorty,s for local muddy riding.

View attachment 77472
Thats the business just a lot of money. Maybe i should just bite the bullet.

Geedog

Subscriber
Dec 5, 2020
Shillington, Bedfordshire
Thats the business just a lot of money. Maybe i should just bite the bullet.
Hello Binhill, I'm happy with it, i was saving for the big 2000wh version that Rob has, but I probably wouldn't use all the technology involved in that one, so my next purchase with what I saved will be a 200w solar panel, brief case style from Renogy at about £300, then will be self sufficient enough for a few days. I'd keep an eye Bluetti website as they often have good deals on.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Hello Binhill, I'm happy with it, i was saving for the big 2000wh version that Rob has, but I probably wouldn't use all the technology involved in that one, so my next purchase with what I saved will be a 200w solar panel, brief case style from Renogy at about £300, then will be self sufficient enough for a few days. I'd keep an eye Bluetti website as they often have good deals on.
Yes seen Robs one , to be honest spent as much if not more on dafter things in my lifetime, i could try and sell my very little used Pacraft .

malc101

Nov 29, 2021
Upstate, NY
Can't say I do agree. Personally I think saddle mouted bags are an awful idea on anything other than a roadbike (but even then they're hardly ideal)
  • in direct firing line from water/mud/debris off the rear tyre
  • most larger saddle mounted bags have a high chance of rubbing the stanchion of a dropper post
  • the largest packs get in the way of pelvis/crotch clearance
  • Can limit dropper post drop (fouling/buzzing the rear tyre at full travel)
  • adds weight high up (the worst place possible)
Plus it's kinda mental running a £200 135g SLR saddle and then hanging 400g of shit from it ;)

A small frame mounted bag down by the BB out of harms way would always be the best option for me. Sadly not possible on my own FS Emtb frame.
I never ever carry a pack. I absolutely hate them. But I also hate unneeded weight added to a bike so I carry only minimal/essential spares on the bike (mounted as low and centrally as I can) with phone/keys/money in my pocket and on longer rides I just use a small lightweight runners waterbottle waist belt with a 500ml bottle and a tiny zipped pocket with just enough room for, keys, money and a small snack/multitool.
I also always dress light but appropriately for the ride/weather/conditions and effort I'm going to be using so absolutely never carry spare clothing or any other faffy stuff I'll never use.

Each of my bikes has it's own set of tools/spares specific to it and mounted to the frame so I can ride straight away without the need for any faff, forgetting or having to look for stuff.
eg. my Emtb has a Dakine hotlaps gripper bag mounted to the frame (iunfortunately due to my bike frame design/size it has to be mounted above the battery towards the front of the downtube/toptube junction)
The bag contains: 2x superlight 90g innertubes, 1x tyre patch, 1x tube patch, a small tube of vulcanising solution with a square of sandpaper, 1x really tiny folding hex key/torx set. 1x tiny chaintool, 1x10mm hex bit , 2x Co2 carts with head. a couple of zipties, a mech hanger and a quicklink. The entire pack loaded full is 600g. I mainly carry all that as I also commute on it between a 20-40 mile round trip 4 days a week.
for shorter local rides I'll often take the hotlaps bag off the bike completely and just ride with a multi tool in my pocket as the bike is nicer to ride without the added weight. and wort comes to it I need to walk home a few miles (I have miles and miles of off road trails within a 5 mile radius of my front door)

Each to their own though ;)
No backpack for me, but a full trunk rack, and at times it is not enough. Need tools, spares, clothing layers, water, food. There are no facilities on our 40 mile or so rides and often miles between roads with cars on them. I tried a handlebar bag but it throws the steering off when it is loaded so have to go with rear carrier.

IMG_6351.jpg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
No backpack for me, but a full trunk rack, and at times it is not enough. Need tools, spares, clothing layers, water, food. There are no facilities on our 40 mile or so rides and often miles between roads with cars on them. I tried a handlebar bag but it throws the steering off when it is loaded so have to go with rear carrier.

View attachment 77638
Yes thats the business if you carry big loads , i did many rides up glens to climb hills on analogue bike with a rack . Dont have one on levo yet. The rucksack is empty in pic

OI000045.JPG

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone

View attachment 77638
Doesn't that bag hit the seat post when the suspension compresses.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I've just ordered one, I was expecting a bit more protection from the rear mudguard. I'll need a better mudguard and the cover :(

I just started using the Mudrocker from SKS, but so far it does a really nice job of keeping mud off my back. Not crazy on how it looks but was getting tired of being covered in mud after rides.
921265E5-F849-4F6E-8221-5F87C3950B23.jpeg

Last edited:

malc101

Nov 29, 2021
Upstate, NY
Doesn't that bag hit the seat post when the suspension compresses.
No, the top of the rack is arched so you can move the bag mount farther back if that is an issue. On my Trance XL it does not hit. On my Haibike Full Seven the rack does hit the seat once in a while. If the bag is stuffed, it is stuffed with layers of clothing so hitting the seat is barely noticable. I could mess with it and keep it from bumping if I wanted but that means pushing it father back. The rack is a bit better shaped for 29 than 27.5. It is for expedition riding and not doing jumps since it is unsprung weight.

malc101

Nov 29, 2021
Upstate, NY
I just started using the Mudrocker from SKS, but so far it does a really nice job of keeping mud off my back. Not crazy on how it looks but was getting tired of being covered in mud after rides.
View attachment 77669
Oh, that Mudrucker looks like what I've been looking for. Once suggestion to you would be to take the nose of of any front fender and use it to go from the front of that fender to below the pivot. Front fenders are typically tapered so they work out nice

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Aahah this is the video from sks…
Ok so you are squeaky clean now thats spot on. Im going to try and stay away from muddy stuff this winter it probably won't work . A few hours riding then clean up mess the next day .Dark 3 30 yesterday just as i finished a ride , so if your not out bright and early bike gets left till morning. Ah the joys

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
No, the top of the rack is arched so you can move the bag mount farther back if that is an issue. On my Trance XL it does not hit. On my Haibike Full Seven the rack does hit the seat once in a while. If the bag is stuffed, it is stuffed with layers of clothing so hitting the seat is barely noticable. I could mess with it and keep it from bumping if I wanted but that means pushing it father back. The rack is a bit better shaped for 29 than 27.5. It is for expedition riding and not doing jumps since it is unsprung weight.
I was thinking that no good for jumping but absolutely great for long remote mountain rides . Sleeping bag and stove as well for a night in a bothy , life doesn't get much better than that.

malc101

Nov 29, 2021
Upstate, NY

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles