What did you buy your ebike this week?

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Never been so excited about a part I didn't want to fit but I inevitably come across other trail users in Forest of Dean ,
I normally drag my brake or call out to announce my presence

Thought I'd try this bell and be more PC

Mate bought a Knog one for about £15
This one cost my £3.49 on eBay
No discernible difference with my mates ,does the job with a loud inoffensive ping and I can buy 4 and still have a quids change over the Knog
If it falls apart prematurely or gets mashed up in an OTB incident then tears are minimal

Loads of colour options but stealth black for me cos it makes me faster ?
Also hours of fun with the Simpleton in your group as you convince them it's an additional boost button , electronic shifter or a Rape alarm depending on how 'Special' they are - For those moments your sure you can hear ' dueling Banjos' when you're off piste deep in the woods
We all know someone in that category ??

41VympPp9sL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

20210501_173644.jpg

Last edited:

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
Clean (the bike and working area, and I mean CLEAN)
Lots and lots of clean water
Don't try to do it in 90 minutes, take as long as you want, the longer the better

Not too hard, but really satisfying.

Best of luck. (y)

Good advice.

Took me three hours

Looks good. Some of the smaller pieces were impossible and patience ran out. All the main sections in harms way are covered.

Did have one bubble discovered late so had to use a pin to carefully pop and remove moisture. Can’t see where it was now

Last edited:

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Its Yeah day so purchased:
1 x new saddle ( black and greeny yellow to match stuff already on my bike,
1 x Pair of Ergon GA3 mellow yellow grips to match the saddle,
1 x pair of yellow brake lever grips to match the grips and saddle,
1 x set of various haibike stickers to match..... Yeah you get it now lol,
1 x kmc 9 speed chain,
1 x set of new chain and cassette cleaning tools,
1 x chain tool with spare links,
2 x Schwalbe 27.5 x 2.35 tough toms.

Should keep me busy / happy for a while

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
In the search of comfort for my wife, I’ve bought this little lot for her bike:

Ergon GA3 grips
Ergon SM-E Mountain Core Women’s saddle
Grip grab padded gel gloves
Endura padded women’s cycle shorts

If she’s not comfortable after that, I’ll sell the bike and she’ll stick to walking the dog! ?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
In the search of comfort for my wife, I’ve bought this little lot for her bike:

Ergon GA3 grips
Ergon SM-E Mountain Core Women’s saddle
Grip grab padded gel gloves
Endura padded women’s cycle shorts

If she’s not comfortable after that, I’ll sell the bike and she’ll stick to walking the dog! ?

You've had more luck than me; I can't even convince my wife to ride off road - she has a dutch bike and refuses to go anywhere that slightly resembles a hill ?

That said, she knows various [ex] wc dh racers well; so judging by some of the stories she's recounted, I'd probably not ride off road either!

Rowbos

Jul 19, 2020
UK
Arrived today...

Ergon GA3 grips which are great, very supportive and grippy when I tried them this afternoon.

Bell 4Fourty MIPS Helmet, very comfortable and much more secure on my head than the dodgy old helmet I was using before.

Altura All Roads Waterproof Shorts.

Weldtite Tubeless Repair Kit.

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
I use a Wolftooth through axle which I had used in my previous Fox fork. The thing I like about is that I don't have to reset the hub spacing on the fork every time.
Yeah I like the Wolf Tooth stuff but they don't do a axle for the 38's with pinch bolt

Varaxis

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2018
California, USA
chrome_ioqkFNzEVA.jpg

Needed a new rear wheel. $270 USD shipped for a Bontrager Line Elite 30 (unused old stock) was a fair price. Heard the freehubs had a tendency to blow up, but taking the risk.

chrome_UwkMZ6L0kx.jpg

29x2.4 Eddy Current. 11-36 10 spd and 203 rotor

Bpietro

Jul 9, 2020
Atlanta
Big week. Picked up 2021 debon air spring and charger 2.1 for my front fork. Upgraded my bike stand to a park tools 10.2 and then ordered some hope tech 155mm crank arms for the levo.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Big week. Picked up 2021 debon air spring and charger 2.1 for my front fork. Upgraded my bike stand to a park tools 10.2 and then ordered some hope tech 155mm crank arms for the levo.
Picked up a new pair of Shimano ME7 shoes....last pair's sole has been shoe goo'd back together one 2 many times

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
This came on Saturday.
View attachment 59983

I would have had it months ago if I'd known that a 210x50 could be converted in 5 mins to a 210x55. Ah well! I have it now and it's wonderful! :love:
Glad you got it Steve, I remember reading a post of yours ages ago saying that you had been waiting a while!! it looks really nice, maybe a bit over the top with the presentation box though!! :D

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Glad you got it Steve, I remember reading a post of yours ages ago saying that you had been waiting a while!! it looks really nice, maybe a bit over the top with the presentation box though!! :D
Thanks. I agree about the box. The new shock pump was a nice touch, but unnecessary I thought. I would rather have paid less for the shock and done without the fancy box and pump. But I guess they didn't cost DVO much. Underneath that DVO sticker is a bunch of positive and negative air tuning spacers (handy!) I don't actually like the DVO pump, it looks nice but it has hard and sharp-edged plasticky bits right where I want to put my hands. However, it came in useful.

It seems that my 13-year shock pump does not like the hose bending too much. I could pump up the shock OK and detach the connector just fine because I could keep the hose straight. But pumping up the bladder in the piggyback was a different matter. The valve for the bladder is so close to the bike frame that the hose needs to be really curved. When the desired pressure was achieved I could see it falling, albeit slowly. But when I came to detach the connector, all the air just bled right out! I borrowed another shock pump and had no difficulty at all. No problem with the DVO pump either. Ah well, I have had my money's worth in 13 years. The pump I borrowed was a high pressure (600psi) long stroke from Rockshox and I was really impressed with it. Very easy to detach indeed. But the real surprise was how effortless it was to pump up to 200psi. So I bought one.

Shock Pump.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles