What did you buy your ebike this week?

Mike D.

Sep 19, 2020
Alpujarras
Tactical [mention]Mike D. [/mention] looks sinister

Don’t they fog-up?

I was looking at similar glass, but I am concerned about excessive vapour emitting from my nostrils
Haven't tried them in anger yet, we're currently getting the usual Southern Spanish spring chill and stair-rods here.

The top and bottom slots in the inner frame are supposed to ensure no fogging-up.

I'll review them after proper use.

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
IMG_7583.jpg

New bladder the icons show ‘no vino or beer’... I think I ordered a wrong model!?

penguinni

E*POWAH Snack Master
Subscriber
Jun 22, 2020
Bangor, N Ireland
Well had Schwalbe Nobbys on, that replaced a pair of Smart Sams (awful) that came with the bike. I wanted something with less Rolling resistance, and still be a good rubber for the trails. There isn’t a lot in stock anywhere, so some reviews later, I settled on these. I am super happy with the 2.0 compound, and will buy them again. They have amazing grip on the trails, and when cornering hard, the just keep biting more and more. They do have a downside that i haven’t fully figured out yet, and that is when you hit roots hard with the rear wheel, they react/deflect differently than any other tyre I have had. I don’t know how to explain it, but I am slowly getting the hang of it. Deep mud isn’t a favourite either, and somehow the dirt settle between the knops longer than the old nobbys. Everything else is a 10 out of 10 experience, and from spring to late fall, they are now my goto rubber. Another thing: I really think you would need to work hard at getting a puncture - they feel extremely solid for an XC/trail rubber! In short: I take these over any Schwalbe for spring/summer/fall, and will buy again for sure, but Nobbys still rule the mud.
Feel free to ask anything specific if needed!
What pressures are you running on the Barzos? I initially had mine at 22 front and rear but no found them very slippy and "bouncy." I now have them at around 17/18 and they seem to grip better. Very fast rolling at either pressure!

Planckus

Jan 21, 2021
Denmark
What pressures are you running on the Barzos? I initially had mine at 22 front and rear but no found them very slippy and "bouncy." I now have them at around 17/18 and they seem to grip better. Very fast rolling at either pressure!
Have tried between 25 and 28 PSI. I will try going lower with the pressure. Thank you!

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Uberbike “finned” metallic pads for Shimano XT. The fins are separate to the pads so quotes fiddly to fit. Only had enough time to fit on the rear....four attempts and 15 mins.....much swearing.

Good bite and progressive power. £11.99 vs Shimano’s £45.

View attachment 58333
Those pads with the separate fins rattle like hell over bumpy ground, I tried a set a few years ago and couldnt put up with the noise. YMMV

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
After riding up a hill and coming across a group of people and giving them a bit of a fright, I got one of these, not completely sold on the idea of having a bell on my bike but we'll see how it goes, it could also be too small so might not fit anyway.

Edit: It was too small!!!

IMG_0188.jpeg

Last edited:

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
- New pair of DMR Vault v2's to replace my Hope F20's (just can't get settled on the Hopes, they're great pedals just not for me).

- New pair of Five Tens as the soles on mine have less grip than a limp wristed Karen.

- Pair of Endura Shin Guard Socks, to help reduce the risk of me darkening the door of the local NHS Minor Injuries clinic in the future.

- New KMC chain, that time of the year again. Buy em cheap, run em hard.

- New SRAM cassette, that time of the year again. Buy em expensive, cry.

- Further spare sets of Uberbike E-Matrix MT5/7 pads. The Levo eats them alive.

- Some Wet Lube as now I'm in my middle age, I burn through the lube like a gambler burns cash.

- Water bottles for the kids bikes (not ruddy carrying them anymore!)

?

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
After landing on my head last week I thought a new lid was a good idea , very impressed with this One . Now just need my badly bent thumb and bruised hand to heal Head not really damaged but you know you’ve gone down hard when your head is grazed inside your helmet

5A227B0C-9218-46C6-AD88-835C52A556F9.png

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
- New pair of DMR Vault v2's to replace my Hope F20's (just can't get settled on the Hopes, they're great pedals just not for me).

- New pair of Five Tens as the soles on mine have less grip than a limp wristed Karen.

- Pair of Endura Shin Guard Socks, to help reduce the risk of me darkening the door of the local NHS Minor Injuries clinic in the future.

- New KMC chain, that time of the year again. Buy em cheap, run em hard.

- New SRAM cassette, that time of the year again. Buy em expensive, cry.

- Further spare sets of Uberbike E-Matrix MT5/7 pads. The Levo eats them alive.

- Some Wet Lube as now I'm in my middle age, I burn through the lube like a gambler burns cash.

- Water bottles for the kids bikes (not ruddy carrying them anymore!)

?
made me laugh this post ;-) excelletn comedic value, ps also middle aged what do i need to know about the lube haha

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I got a new helmet. It is a spare so as soon has my helmet needs to be replaced i do not waste time.
It is affordable, adjustable so i can use it year round and confortable.
I love the yellow color with lots of refelectors to be highly visible.

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
More info on the gloves please.
Ok, The gloves from Fox are great, warm enough but still breathable, light weight and comfy, tight when I first put them on but became good very quickly, it's a glove I will probably wear all year round, enough strategically placed gel palm protection, Hook and loop wrist closure and so good that you don't have to take them off to use your smart phone, for only £25.00 + £5.00 shipping cost.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Hmmm......What did I buy for my Rail 7....where do I begin. parts ordered the same week but received over the last few...

Bontrager Pro 35 stem
Raceface Next R 35 bar
Magura MT7 Brakes w/ MDR-P Rotors
Oneup V2 210mm Dropper
2021 Fox Factory 38 170 Grip2
2021 Fox Factory DHX2
Santa Cruz Reserve 30's
and last but not least or maybe actually least, e13 160mm Cranks

Blokie

May 30, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Schwalbe Magic Mary 29er 2.4 and Nobby Nic 750b 2.6 to replace the stock Maxxis Rekon's that came on my Merida e140.
Five Ten Freerider DLX
Stan's sealant (for the new tires!)
LifeLine Home Mechanic Workstand (old stand was not beefy enough for the ebike!)
LifeLine Digital Pressure Gauge (Topeak D2 died :-( )

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
This week I bought:

2 x Endura Tops for summer
1 x Thin Gilet for spring evenings
1 x Parktool
1 x Lifeline Digital Tyre Pressure
1 x Muc Off cleaner
1 X degreaser
1 x muc off bike spray

FFS - it’s been quiet over the Easter holidays, need to get back into work to earn the money I’ve spent

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles