What did you buy your ebike this week?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Happiness comes in small packages ...

21CB175B-DAA2-469B-A90A-F2E44E52E2E7.jpeg

For injecting sealant into my tyres. £2 on ebay. Love a bargain ...

Toastednuts

Mar 14, 2021
Devon, UK
Do new wheels and suspension units for my trailer count as I only use it for transporting the families EMTBs?
The better half gave me a phone holder for the handlebars but not in a rush to attach it.

IonutF

Oct 9, 2020
Romania
OHHH what are they and where do i get some !!?? do you have a link ?

the actual business is located in France
their support is really helpful, had some discussions with them, since on Feb18th, shipment was blocked in France on shimpent platform, and I started to push them for explanations since initially they estimated 1..1.5 weeks for delivery
Bought from them discs and wheel set.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone

the actual business is located in France
their support is really helpful, had some discussions with them, since on Feb18th, shipment was blocked in France on shimpent platform, and I started to push them for explanations since initially they estimated 1..1.5 weeks for delivery
Bought from them discs and wheel set.
make sure you get some spare spokes now, because they're not the sort that are available off the shelf from any bike shop

coderdan

Mar 8, 2021
Washington
Starting to be really happy I got a Kenevo Comp instead of expert really didn't think i'd get this into it with all the "upgrades". Have a few more things on the way maybe I'll get some good pics.

Industry9 31.8x30mm stem
20210313_151503.jpg
Ergon SM-E Mountain Core Prime, the first ride on this thing blew my mind. I could ride the bike for hours now when the stock saddle would leave me sore after minutes.
GOPR0012.JPG
CushCores.Realized I bought the wrong size tires so I tried installing the stock butchers over Cushcore and had to give up. Going to give it one more shot when the new Maxxis tires get here, hopefully the new tools help if not I might just give up on them.
20210313_165759.jpg
And the obligatory gopro to record all my crashes
. 20210317_184118.jpg

IonutF

Oct 9, 2020
Romania
make sure you get some spare spokes now, because they're not the sort that are available off the shelf from any bike shop
Thanks for the advice, my friend. For the moment I have 1 spare spoke :) but indeed, as a next step is to add some spare spokes. I am thinking of maybe buying a set of spokes, red ones, to match the rotors. If I'll go this way, will end up in having a spare set in case of any damages

IonutF

Oct 9, 2020
Romania
I want a set of those. they just look a little light on spokes, I see they make an enduro version and I kinda want a new set of wheels anyway.
Iodine 2 model are marketed by crank brothers as Enduro/AM type of rims and compatible with ebikes. Cobalt model is for XC and if I am not mistaking, these are not ebike "friendly". Moreover, somebody on this forum purchased a Lithium model, which was also marketed for ebikes but I was not able to find that specific model available in the shops, most probably it is not produced anymore, since I did not find it even on crank brothers website

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
Starting to be really happy I got a Kenevo Comp instead of expert really didn't think i'd get this into it with all the "upgrades". Have a few more things on the way maybe I'll get some good pics.

Industry9 31.8x30mm stem
View attachment 55929
Ergon SM-E Mountain Core Prime, the first ride on this thing blew my mind. I could ride the bike for hours now when the stock saddle would leave me sore after minutes.
View attachment 55931
CushCores.Realized I bought the wrong size tires so I tried installing the stock butchers over Cushcore and had to give up. Going to give it one more shot when the new Maxxis tires get here, hopefully the new tools help if not I might just give up on them.
View attachment 55932
And the obligatory gopro to record all my crashes
. View attachment 55933
there is a very specific technique for getting the tyres over the cushsore ive taken mine on and off maybe 7 times last week and my hands are in bits now but i can reccomend a tip, when you get one side of the tyre bead on, go around that one side and push it as far under teh cushcore as possible into the very center of the rim, when you start on the other side bead you may have to go back over the original side reminding it to stay in the middle of the rim under the cush core from time to time, same with the second side bead try to push that as far as possible under the center of the cush core, this should get you to about the size of the tyre graphics where it says maxis worth of bead left to tuck in using a tyre lever and working oppostide sides of the bead still out inch by inch alternatively unitl the last bit pops in,.... its a work out but once you have that technique its easier... the pumping then to get the beads to pop.... well just say that will burn a few calories too unless you have compressed air - i didnt ;-p those rear minions dhr ddd tr 3c maxgrip have some real thick side walls if you can get one of those on the rest are childs play haha

coderdan

Mar 8, 2021
Washington
there is a very specific technique for getting the tyres over the cushsore ive taken mine on and off maybe 7 times last week and my hands are in bits now but i can reccomend a tip, when you get one side of the tyre bead on, go around that one side and push it as far under teh cushcore as possible into the very center of the rim, when you start on the other side bead you may have to go back over the original side reminding it to stay in the middle of the rim under the cush core from time to time, same with the second side bead try to push that as far as possible under the center of the cush core, this should get you to about the size of the tyre graphics where it says maxis worth of bead left to tuck in using a tyre lever and working oppostide sides of the bead still out inch by inch alternatively unitl the last bit pops in,.... its a work out but once you have that technique its easier... the pumping then to get the beads to pop.... well just say that will burn a few calories too unless you have compressed air - i didnt ;-p those rear minions dhr ddd tr 3c maxgrip have some real thick side walls if you can get one of those on the rest are childs play haha
Yeah I watched all the videos there was to watch and tried doing it that way .I managed to get one side on but not the other so I know I can get it done but damm its a pain in the ass. Did you use a round trash can to lay the wheel on?, I think that might be one thing that could help me out but not sure if it actually makes a big difference.

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
Yeah I watched all the videos there was to watch and tried doing it that way .I managed to get one side on but not the other so I know I can get it done but damm its a pain in the ass. Did you use a round trash can to lay the wheel on?, I think that might be one thing that could help me out but not sure if it actually makes a big difference.
Oh it’s definitely a pain , I used a kitchen counter just because it held the wheel at a workable height that I could use the most force on , just think of the calories you’ll burn getting it on ??

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
New Endura MT500 Spray trousers for me, for those days it’s not wet enough for the Dirtsuit and a Mudhugger for the bike. Butchered and jammed in the back to reduce the amount of shite that builds up on the lower pivot.
IMG_2353.jpg

Blokie

May 30, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
New kit all arrived this week for the new Merida e140 700 that I'm hopefully going to be able to collect next Saturday...

Charge Spoon (stealth black) saddle
Nukeproof Neutron EVO Pedals
Peaty/Chris King tubeless valves
Ergon GP1 Grips
Hope 29" Wheel Bag
Timber! Bell

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
New kit all arrived this week for the new Merida e140 700 that I'm hopefully going to be able to collect next Saturday...

Charge Spoon (stealth black) saddle
Nukeproof Neutron EVO Pedals
Peaty/Chris King tubeless valves
Ergon GP1 Grips
Hope 29" Wheel Bag
Timber! Bell

Yes, I believe you bought as I was in yesterday and asked if you came in and they said yes and bought a Merida. Glad you're getting sorted... ?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Nowt for the bike ..
TLD speedsleeves for moi..
* I am spending over £300 on the T130rs which I've given to my son ..on a new drivetrain ( cassette / oval chainring / chain/ bottom bracket & a brake lever) ..as I was the one who destroyed them ..and it was his18th birthday this week ..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles