What did you buy your ebike this week?

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
These look amazin carnt wait to get them on the steed ?

D23FA8E3-AFE0-45CE-BF12-C6761B946C61.jpeg

6D289F89-8F9C-48A1-A94C-6540736BF81F.jpeg

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Just put mine into my LBS today for new fork. The 160 Limited came with Rockshox 35 Gold RL (not been too impressed) but they've stood up to some hammering across Rivington/Winter Hill.

Set of older model year but new Rockshox Lyrik RCT3 Dual Air forks going on. Same travel (160mm). Saved 25% going for older model year, 2018 I think they are.

Should be able to collect Tuesday. Means I might be on the normal bike this weekend (if weather holds)... :unsure:

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
i bought a pair of nukeproof ARD rim protection foam inserts , took a bit of fitting but should allow me to run at lower pressures whilst not smashing my rims to bits on rock gardens which are at the start and end of all my local rides and already caused a dented rim
also while it was off i broke my chain and soaked it in white spirit and cleaned it down adding a new power link
ard.jpg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Been using these to clean the motorbikes for years and they work equally as well on the eebs. I also use SDOC 100 which is a detergent you spray on before hosing down & washing, again from the world of motorbikes. These Vulcanet wipes are just so easy to finish the frame, bars wheel rims, spokes etc and adds a nice shine when you buff it up with the provided cloth at the end. Just treated the bikes to a fresh tub. Recommend

25FE4840-9E34-41F4-BA69-7E3998F363F9.jpeg

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
New parts for the 2021 ridingseason.
X01 chain
GX derailleur
NX cassette
Set of Minions
Knog Oi bell

Old transmission parts willl be saved reserve parts if world closes and things start to fall apart.

View attachment 55424
minions are awesome , randomly i weight two varients the other day i have a dhr 2 exo and a dhf 3c max grip and the exo was 800g the dhf was over a 1000 , and the biggest difference of all was the bead thickness, on the dhr it was massive! ;-)

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
minions are awesome , randomly i weight two varients the other day i have a dhr 2 exo and a dhf 3c max grip and the exo was 800g the dhf was over a 1000 , and the biggest difference of all was the bead thickness, on the dhr it was massive! ;-)
I can openly reveal that I don't have any clue what my tires weight. Maybe I feel that I'm not yet on that level - I don't know actually.

Only concern or goal with this midlifeupgrade was to ensure that wheels keep spinning the whole season. Last summer there was too much "everything" with the bike that denied riding.

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
I can openly reveal that I don't have any clue what my tires weight. Maybe I feel that I'm not yet on that level - I don't know actually.

Only concern or goal with this midlifeupgrade was to ensure that wheels keep spinning the whole season. Last summer there was too much "everything" with the bike that denied riding.
OH im totally not on that level either haha my aim was to avoid punctures that i keep having lol and a side effect from that was having a few tyres of varying compounds to hand and shocked whilst holding two tyres of the same tread and " general description " could be so different in weight , it just gave a comfort factor that the heavier tyre ( more expensive too ) was definately giving me more rubber for my money ;-) and hopefully better protection too, 100% hear you on the everything that prevents riding hence the foam additive to the wheels, three punctures and a wheel buckle in three months all whilst tubeless grrr lol

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
OH im totally not on that level either haha my aim was to avoid punctures that i keep having lol and a side effect from that was having a few tyres of varying compounds to hand and shocked whilst holding two tyres of the same tread and " general description " could be so different in weight , it just gave a comfort factor that the heavier tyre ( more expensive too ) was definately giving me more rubber for my money ;-) and hopefully better protection too, 100% hear you on the everything that prevents riding hence the foam additive to the wheels, three punctures and a wheel buckle in three months all whilst tubeless grrr lol

I had my first eeb in December last year, punctured both stock ‘tubed’ tyres so went tubeless. Snapped the chain after 400 miles

Got my second eeb a couple of weeks ago and punctured the rear stock DHR tubed tyre on its first ride, so converted to tubeless, keep meaning to convert the front tyre too, will try and do it today before the weekends’ riding

They’re definitely high maintenance bikes these eebs!

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
I had my first eeb in December last year, punctured both stock ‘tubed’ tyres so went tubeless. Snapped the chain after 400 miles

Got my second eeb a couple of weeks ago and punctured the rear stock DHR tubed tyre on its first ride, so converted to tubeless, keep meaning to convert the front tyre too, will try and do it today before the weekends’ riding

They’re definitely high maintenance bikes these eebs!
right ? hahaha ive never spent so much on a hobby, spent loads on tools like chain brakes and link pliars etc lol still worth it for the grins eh

bloke above used a brilliant term - midlifeupgrade ;-)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
right ? hahaha ive never spent so much on a hobby, spent loads on tools like chain brakes and link pliars etc lol still worth it for the grins eh

bloke above used a brilliant term - midlifeupgrade ;-)

Yes I smiled at the #midlifeupgrade terminology. A lot of my chosen hobbies seem to involve spending a load of cash but I’ve certainly been on an expensive shopping spree since owning these eebs! Need to calm it down now and just ride ride ride

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
Yes I smiled at the #midlifeupgrade terminology. A lot of my chosen hobbies seem to involve spending a load of cash but I’ve certainly been on an expensive shopping spree since owning these eebs! Need to calm it down now and just ride ride ride
yes !! hopefully we can be more selective in future purchases as opposed to "needs" especially with the improvement in the weather hopefully , here in the uk anyway, i have the basics now lets enjoy the trails in shorts t's and dry feet lol

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Does the XTR BL-M9000-R lever work with the Shimano SLX M7120 on MY21 Levo Comp M? Sourced same spare chain but an extra brake lever might be nice to have around.
Apparently there may be an adapter available which can help clean up that area of the cockpit. Don’t use one though. Regardless I still have some adjustment with the shifter. Don’t know if this helps.

78034104-AE27-4E27-A5F2-60019EBE4045.jpeg

7D44B974-2563-4CF7-A985-3B033C75E6AC.jpeg

ccwilli3

Jun 2, 2020
Ladera Ranch, CA - USA
after 1250miles, my stock X01 chain decided that half of one of its links was better left on the trail somewhere. Ironically, I still pedaled home and I consider it a win.

Replacements took some thought but on the heckler, or any e-mtb, not worried about weight and I'm a big dude so went with a new x-sync2 36t front chainring, GX cassette (from the X01) and splurged for a rainbow XX1 chain to tie it all together for cost/durability reasons. The front chainring was a +2 and that was a mistake, so new 34t is here and hopefully will get that back installed this week. Have put about 200miles on it so far since the install and other than color of the cassette, I cannot tell a real difference between the GX and X01 versions.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles