What did you buy your ebike this week?

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
I have had problems with those as the little spring that holds the plastic dinger (For want of a better word) get stretched / ruined very easily.
Now I have the Knog Oi Luxe and it is much better
Untitled_design_1_.png
On my Levo I got mine on the right in between the lever and the grip, just like the switches on the left, super neat and no need to take your hand off the grip.

Swan

Oct 19, 2019
North Idaho, US
I
Do kit and clothing purchases count here?
if so, A pair of Nukeproof blackline trail riding trousers.
MG_3926-768x512.jpg

Lightweight, tapered, stretchy (but phew.. not skinny jeans fit), breathable and water/rain resistant. (not water proof but DWR coated and fast drying polyester)

Oh... and a quart of Stans sealant after discovering the cheap Decathlon sealant I'd bought because it was handy and cheap (£7.99 for 500ml) doesn't actually seal holes ;)

I ordered a pair of the Specialized Demo pants this summer for racing BMX and DH in and they very quickly became my favorite thing to ride in all the time. Look similar to these Nukeproof pants. It has to get pretty warm now to get me to wear shorts instead of the pants.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I

I ordered a pair of the Specialized Demo pants this summer for racing BMX and DH in and they very quickly became my favorite thing to ride in all the time. Look similar to these Nukeproof pants. It has to get pretty warm now to get me to wear shorts instead of the pants.

Yeah, They look kinda similar if a little more race inspired. (more casual style pant pockets on the NPs)
The Nukeproofs aren't warm to ride in in the slightest.
It'll be another 200 days before we have a whiff of "warm" around here tho anyway ;)

Oh.. .and I doubt I could fit knee pads under mine. I don't wear knee pads anyway tho.

Swan

Oct 19, 2019
North Idaho, US
Yeah, They look kinda similar if a little more race inspired. (more casual style pant pockets on the NPs)
The Nukeproofs aren't warm to ride in in the slightest.
It'll be another 200 days before we have a whiff of "warm" around here tho anyway ;)

Oh.. .and I doubt I could fit knee pads under mine. I don't wear knee pads anyway tho.

I don't get on a bike without knee pads.. I fit them under my Demo pants pretty comfortably. Only real annoying thing is my Race face pads are super easy to put on and don't require you to take your shoes off.... But if I want to climb a big climb without them, that requires me dropping my pants somewhere to put the pads on. Haha

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I'd be at least a Large/XL in most knee pads and have pretty powerful thighs.
a slimmer of leg rider could probably fit knee pads under them. I think with the stretch I probably could but I find knee pads uncomfortable enough without the added stretch/tightness from tight(ish) pants around them.
I only really wear knee pads if uplifting DH, but i wear baggier cordura proper DH/Moto pants/shorts then too.
I don't think a think pant like the NPs would last me more than a few weeks with the abuse my clothing gets from DH riding... or rather ejecting or being ejected at speed ;)
General riding/Enduro/jumping etc. i tend to crash way less.

Swan

Oct 19, 2019
North Idaho, US
On a different note. I bought 11-46 cassettes to replace the 11-42s setups on my wife and I's Levos. The 11s GX derailleurs don't really like 50t cogs and I figure that the 46t should be enough for the turbo. I definitely use the 50t on my analog 12s Enduro regularly though!

I have a new fork coming for my bike. Settled on the DVO Onyx. Was happy with the Diamond on my Enduro before.

Going to be swapping my tires around too from my other bikes.. I have DH casing tires on my aggressive hardtail and I am going to put those on the Levo along with my cushcore inserts soon here.

Swan

Oct 19, 2019
North Idaho, US
I'd be at least a Large/XL in most knee pads and have pretty powerful thighs.
a slimmer of leg rider could probably fit knee pads under them. I think with the stretch I probably could but I find knee pads uncomfortable enough without the added stretch/tightness from tight(ish) pants around them.
I only really wear knee pads if uplifting DH, but i wear baggier cordura proper DH/Moto pants/shorts then too.
I don't think a think pant like the NPs would last me more than a few weeks with the abuse my clothing gets from DH riding... or rather ejecting or being ejected at speed ;)
General riding/Enduro/jumping etc. i tend to crash way less.

I am right there with you on XL pads and thunder thighs.. I look like a 175lb person up top, but I am set on a 220lb set of legs. ?

I used to wear full moto kits on the DH bike, but realized how cumbersome they are compared to a proper cycling kit. I still will wear moto setups for cold lift days where the cycling pants are chilly.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I nearly did a zimmer wearing it on Sunday on wet chalk but managed to stay upright so durability is as yet untested. It's actually really nice for the price.

Good to here .. I was hoping mine would be here today, but looks like tomorrow now, which is fine, gives me an excuse to go for a ride tomorrow as well :)

Ordered a pair of their trousers at the same time with the theory that if they were crap they'd come in handy as general use waterproof trousers - to keep the fluids in.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
If you're asking about the Nukeproofs. All Nukeproof's product info it's all pretty much bang on.
Blackline Trail Pants | Nukeproof

All I can personally add is that they cup my testicles nicely and make my ass even more iresistable to women - Handy for picking up the stragglers that aren't already in love with me (for my smooth moves and rugged good looks)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
To agree with @tedturbine , my muddy fox jacket from sports direct turned up. Looks good, slightly elasticated and the M fits my 5'10 70kg's nicely. No flapping about .. will rain test it later. No way it will also fit over the fox titan armour, would need an "L" for that I think. Might just stretch over some less bulky armour though.

The muddy fox cycling trousers .. uhm .. well .. yes ... after 30 minutes I literally just want to burn them and be done with them. Nothing like the jacket. Very baggy, I guess designed more as an over your work clothes trousers. The main problem is that the weed-barrier mesh lining seems to be stitched into a spiral down the leg, so it's virtually impossible to get your foot in, when you do manage, by rucking them up with your thumbs to the bottom and 5 goes, you can't get your foot out .. So even as a spare waterproof pair of trousers for general crap ... they're just crap ..

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
If you're asking about the Nukeproofs. All Nukeproof's product info it's all pretty much bang on.
Blackline Trail Pants | Nukeproof

All I can personally add is that they cup my testicles nicely and make my ass even more iresistable to women - Handy for picking up the stragglers that aren't already in love with me (for my smooth moves and rugged good looks)

I was askig Zimmer but
To agree with @tedturbine , my muddy fox jacket from sports direct turned up. Looks good, slightly elasticated and the M fits my 5'10 70kg's nicely. No flapping about .. will rain test it later. No way it will also fit over the fox titan armour, would need an "L" for that I think. Might just stretch over some less bulky armour though.

The muddy fox cycling trousers .. uhm .. well .. yes ... after 30 minutes I literally just want to burn them and be done with them. Nothing like the jacket. Very baggy, I guess designed more as an over your work clothes trousers. The main problem is that the weed-barrier mesh lining seems to be stitched into a spiral down the leg, so it's virtually impossible to get your foot in, when you do manage, by rucking them up with your thumbs to the bottom and 5 goes, you can't get your foot out .. So even as a spare waterproof pair of trousers for general crap ... they're just crap ..

Good feedback, shame about the trousers but you have saved me at least from wasting my money on those. I went for L in the jacket for my 6ft 80kgs.

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
I don't get on a bike without knee pads.. I fit them under my Demo pants pretty comfortably. Only real annoying thing is my Race face pads are super easy to put on and don't require you to take your shoes off.... But if I want to climb a big climb without them, that requires me dropping my pants somewhere to put the pads on. Haha

I am in the market for pants and decided on the demo pants but came to find out they are all sold out in the US at the moment. I just need pants for 40-50 degrees F and don't plan on riding in the snow/rain. The nukeproof may fit the bill it seems.

Swan

Oct 19, 2019
North Idaho, US
I am in the market for pants and decided on the demo pants but came to find out they are all sold out in the US at the moment. I just need pants for 40-50 degrees F and don't plan on riding in the snow/rain. The nukeproof may fit the bill it seems.

I don't know if a new version is coming.. But they went on sale on the dealer site and I know shop guys were swooping them up.. I bought 2 pair and know a few other that bought multiple pair as well.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Well, I bought the Stem and Handlebar last week... but here they are now on my bike!

Nukeproof 01.jpg

And seeing as I've now got the Nukeproof Stem, Riserbars, and Pedals on my Giant... I guess it's time to put the sticker on. My bike is now officially a "Nukeproof Trance E" :cool:

Nukeproof 02.jpg

I shall also call it my Nukie Trancie... no wait... scratch that! :eek::giggle:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles