What did you buy your ebike this week?

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
There's a section called reviews if you want to write about something and tell people about it.

Thanks. I'll think that one over, maybe I'll fire up a new thread for quick thoughts on our gear as I don't think I have enough to say to start up a review thread, and often find myself wondering how people are getting along with their latest mod after a few weeks of riding.

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
@Cakey boy put me on to this rear light. All the usual different flash options, but also an accelerometer, so includes a brake light and sleep mode. So, no need to keep turning it on / off and anyone behind me can see if I’ve chickened out on DH section?

Also got one for swmbo and my lad who spend most of their time on the road.
1592727684620.jpeg

Fingerpuk

Apr 8, 2020
Kent
Bought myself a decent stand, and more gloves as my current one are 15 years old and kinda see through.

Regarding the superbike vs downhill mountain bike, I’d have to think more but as somebody who has been riding superbikes for a fair while including racing them, while some things are the same the difference in weight and power make them feel very different.

Target fixation is the same. Struggling right now to think of more beyond the obvious. The differences I’m trying to adapt to are the weight difference and lack of momentum in all dimensions that mass brings. The power of my bikes being used to steer, I can’t read wheel steer my MTB. And the difference in body position is drastic.

Being light on the controls, no death grip, staying loose, using your body weight. Those are the same actually. But it feels very different.

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
What's up with "neverbeentomoab"? Is it a brand? A way of saying you're not an XC rider? Or a way to say "people outside of North America ride too"? I've never seen it, then saw it twice this week in this thread which piqued my interest.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Neverbeentomoab is just my handle.In the 90s Moab was the one destination every mtber wanted to go mainly due to mountain bike action magazine and always been my dream bike holiday. Neverbeentomoab is a way of reminding myself I haven’t made it yet(but one day I will?)
Those Kapz caps aren't cheap are they... I was thinking of getting one done with my username too.

Mal.P

Jun 17, 2020
Canberra AU
New XT 12 speed derailleur.
Stick 1: Derailler 0.
Bike 2 weeks old! :cautious:
I think that as the motor keeps drive slightly after peddling stops (Giant-Yamaha) that the automatic reaction to instantly stop peddling when detecting a stick is overwritten. Maybe ...
At least it was a nice day for a walk - albeit from the bottom of the hill.

20200621_084426.jpg

RazorBlade

Jun 6, 2020
UK
New XT 12 speed derailleur.
Stick 1: Derailler 0.
Bike 2 weeks old! :cautious:
I think that as the motor keeps drive slightly after peddling stops (Giant-Yamaha) that the automatic reaction to instantly stop peddling when detecting a stick is overwritten. Maybe ...
At least it was a nice day for a walk - albeit from the bottom of the hill.

View attachment 34183
Clearly the hanger is too strong, it should have snapped of before it bent up like that ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
After years of resisting one, I finally bought a bell for my bike, but not just any bell.
I bought an OI!

Oi Bell.jpg

It gives a single penetrating ping. They come in silver, and copper as well as black. Mine was on offer from Tredz, but they've only got copper ones now. I bought ths one to qualify for the £5 off when buying above £30, so it only cost me £7.99.If you have standard 22mm dia bars, you need the small size (they should have called it standard!)

RazorBlade

Jun 6, 2020
UK

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
After years of resisting one, I finally bought a bell for my bike, but not just any bell.
I bought an OI!

View attachment 34228

It gives a single penetrating ping. They come in silver, and copper as well as black. Mine was on offer from Tredz, but they've only got copper ones now. I bought ths one to qualify for the £5 off when buying above £30, so it only cost me £7.99.If you have standard 22mm dia bars, you need the small size (they should have called it standard!)

I'm afraid there a complete waste of money. I've had 2 now and the major flaw in the design is the hammer and spring which arent fit for purpose. you are better off with the Oi Luxe bell which as a different design on the hammer and spring but still maintains the same design

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles