What did you buy your ebike this week?

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
This is messing with my brain: the labels on the card and on the grips are at odds. I can't tell left from right at the best of times, but now I'm totally forked!

I know, it's April First and you are playing with us! :ROFLMAO:
So they are, I never noticed that one mate, here you go ?

image.jpg

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I've always wanted a bottle-style tool/spares holder - BUT I wanted one that's completely watertight... search is over with the Zefal. This just arrived this morning - hope it fits my bike at full length (although it can be shortened by leaving off the middle section if need be). With tight frame spaces on most eBikes, the side load bottle holder comes in handy too.

Zefal Bottle Tool Holder.jpg

Last edited:

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Just a few bits and pieces, 5 litres of degreaser, RockShox top cap removal tool, some fox float fluid, a gnar dog spacer, some standard spacers, a set of 5 cleaning brushes and some shifter cable cap ends.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
A new GX derailleur as the other died at the hands of a 1cm thick stick. Such great build quality ??

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
Spare set of brake pads, disc brake straightener tool, muck-off brake cleaner, kind of a theme for the week, stopping.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
New KMC chain for mine as the Sram ones dont seem to last very long. Its a different design and jumping like popcorn in the microwave. One choice though and thats to stretch and fit.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I got some red ones. Sometimes though the chain doesn't ride properly on the upper wheel. So if yours is noisy give it a check out.
You know it's narrow wide, eh?
ie. it runs in a certain position on the teeth. fat teeth between the outer chain plates, thin teeth between the inner plates?

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Ergon sme saddle, previous sdg bel air has worn through on a textured area. It’s blistering down the channel too.
image.jpg
Thought I’d see if the lip helps on steep climbs. Looks decent anyway. Also ordered a new drive side engine cover. Wouldn’t bother under normal circumstances but it had some rub marks and scratches. Probably would have stretched the saddle through the summer too, oh well.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Picked up some jockey wheels, just cos *shrug*
Think I might get some blue ones when they restock
I bought some cheap anodized-green alloy ones last year cuz I was bored... just to amuse myself, not expecting them to last. Well it's still running free and smooth (only used it for the lower tensioning job), spinning better than the stock plastic wheel that I took off. Most of the scuffing on the teeth is only on the inside - a lot less than expected, and hardly any at the right outer side. I also thought they'd be noisy, but it's on an eMTB so I can't hear it (not that it makes any sound) over the knobby tyre hum and motor.

So I guess it's staying in there for a little while longer - if it ever wears down. Plus they come as a pair so I still have another unused one as a spare. (I haven't ridden in the mud and rain this year... just getting to the end of our southern-hemisphere summer).

Green Jockey.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles