Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
i had one of those but older and sold it for about half the price i paid for it but it looks puny compared to my fox rampage helmet.
I had the two previous versions of the Parachute, and each version has been more substantially built than the one before. The great advantage of the MCR is that it is MUCH easier to put on and take off if you are wearing hearing aids and glasses, as you can put it on in 2 parts.

When I got my MCR some testing establishment had just done tests on numerous full-face helmets, and this one got the top ranking for resistance to impacts and exceeded the required standards for downhill helmets.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Freshies from Slik. From disco vibes to classic Rockshox. Happy with that.

vjjWfaoE.jpg

iUyCflTh.jpg

Randomdave

Subscriber
Dec 19, 2021
Woodstock, ga
Got some Spank J-Type hubs with Stan's Flow EX3 hoops built up by the local pro wheel builder. Custom wheelsets are the best upgrades you can make for maximum payoff, in my opinion. Also replaced the OEM rotors with some lovely Shimano XT SM-RT86 203mm rotors.

67936018805__26E897AD-63E0-4AE7-8890-875C95C4EFC7.jpeg
67935670708__234EEAAC-4C23-417C-84C9-07589DE0E193.jpeg

Attachments

• 67935673378__95CDA0A9-4690-4BE5-9162-A98C210FB2E1.mp4
    8.5 MB
Last edited:

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
Hi,

I’ve just swapped the OEM tyres on my Trance X E+1 to Maxxis Rekon. They offer way less rolling resistance on UK Summer dry bridleways. Got a few Strava KOMs and it was obviously the tyres. I ran them at 24psi which a bit higher than the OEMs at 20. But eff me £55 each!!

View attachment 92038

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
yes but it is not what i orderd as listed as this.

it aint gold so pissed and it was covered in grease no box and just a paper manual
The website says Kashima Coat and that’s not Kashima Coat. Get on the phone and open a can of whoopass on them.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
well there customer service has gone down the shitter as still no reply so done a return for a full refund and found a x2 on ebay for £150 sp got that but now have to wait 10 fkn days for a refund ill think twice b4 ordering anything from them again.

View attachment 92744

I ordered a 12 speed cassette from CRC at the beginning of last week. Evri’s (Hermes) email stated it would be delivered last Wednesday, it never turned up, no emails since. Chased CRC, they said they’d look into it, heard nothing, grrr

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
I ordered a 12 speed cassette from CRC at the beginning of last week. Evri’s (Hermes) email stated it would be delivered last Wednesday, it never turned up, no emails since. Chased CRC, they said they’d look into it, heard nothing, grrr

now I'm not defending crc, but I think one reason why deliveries and support take a little longer is because they joined forces with bikester and have a new owner.

They should be in touch soon

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
now I'm not defending crc, but I think one reason why deliveries and support take a little longer is because they joined forces with bikester and have a new owner.

They should be in touch soon

CRC used Evri (Hermes) as the courier, and Evri were meant to deliver it last week, but the package has gone missing and Evri have a non-existent customer service department or tracking system. CRC won’t refund me until they hear back from Evri, and have heard nothing!

Currently trying to source an SLX or equivalent that can be delivered next day as we’re off biking for a week but need a new cassette!

Found a Sunrace CSMZ800 for a reasonable price but not sure f it’s compatible with Shimano microspline

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
well i did get a reply but have sent it back allready lol.

I am contacting you in regards to the Fox Suspension Float X CTD Rear Shock

Sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing.

Due to discrepancies with the stock of this product, I am unable to create a replacement order, therefore to resolve this issue as quickly as possible for you, I would kindly ask that you send the item back to us (in original, unused condition) for a refund, following our returns process which can be found here.

When creating the return, select the quantity from the drop-down list next to the image of the product you were supposed to receive, and choose the ‘Wrong Item Sent’ return code. The item will be refunded back onto your original payment method as soon as the return has been processed by our Returns Team.

I have marked your order as eligible for a free return, so there will be no postage charge.

Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused.

I’ve just been on CRC’s live chat and have cancelled my order and requested a refund

Ordered 3 x SLX cassettes from Merlin for next day delivery instead, they use DPD so hopefully they’ll turn up with no issues

(I don’t actually need three cassettes, only one, but just had a delivery of my new custom wheelsets for myself and my partner so the other two are for those! - it’s been an expensive week!)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
im £200 out of pocket atm plus the other £150 for the other shock but if they cant tell the difference between a black shock and a gold one and only option is to send it back for a refund is just a joke.

so wont be using them again as i want what i paid for not a fkn mystery item :rolleyes:

I told CRC that I won’t use them until they stop using Evri, not that one single customer will make much difference but it’s been a right hassle trying to chase my missing cassette grrr

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Merlin are usually my go to supplier, serves me right trying to save a tenner on the cost of a cassette from Chain Reaction. Lesson learned 👊🏼

And after I placed the order with Merlin I realised I could have saved a further £20 by using my loyalty bonus points 😂

Oh well, I’ll use them next time!

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Not bought. Given.
I have been given - free gratis, a goodwill gesture from Hope technology. A new pair of V2 calipers. Not the whole brakes, just the calipers, but at a hundred quid each, that's still a hell of a nice gift to receive unexpectedly in the post.

Feel free to post expressions of jealousy 😂

Varaxis

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2018
California, USA
A cheap deore 11 speed mech to get me by, on sale at wiggle for £35.
I did want a complete linkglide setup but couldn't find stock all in one place.
View attachment 92593
Had a slight problem with my xt mech today 😁

sHrVnMx.jpeg

wBbmwiN.png

I had that happen to me when one of the chain link plates came unpinned. As I pedaled, it hooked the derailleur cage. I imagine that the RD was pulled rearward and swung up until it smashed into top-back of the seat stay.

6IMXUXn.jpeg

It was overkill using the wide range 11 spd XT RD on a 10spd 11-36 anyway.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles