What did you buy your ebike this week?

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
New project, when finished it will give my eMTB a rest!

I still miss my Nomad, such a RAD bike.
5921EF48-D6D4-4C0B-A257-686FA0158AAB_1_105_c.jpeg

0DC76BB6-D09B-4EE6-81A5-6B9C7A9663C3_1_105_c.jpeg

chris f

Aug 1, 2021
cannock chase United Kingdom
just this morning i pulled trigger on a dual guard from sicomtb rear guard and a Maxxis dfr2 for the back wheel recovering after a minor opperation at the min so cant ride so thought it was a good time to get the few bits i needed and try get them all fitted before i ride again in a few weeks

Justinitus

Feb 15, 2022
Wiltshire UK
I’d been getting on fine with the emtb on a Thule TopRide, but after going through 2 sets of BMW roof bars in 3 months, the BMW dealer finally found an issue with one of the mounting bolts welded into the roof structure of the car.

So I stumped up and had a towbar fitted (with a contribution from BMW) and bought an Atera Genio Pro rack. Much easier loading the bike, but..the cost… :cry:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Now then. I’m the kind of guy that can’t stand bright sunlight. I wear sunglasses when it’s raining. I live in shades all year round. I’ve been after a pair of riding glasses for a long time but haven’t been prepared to splash the cash on the extortionate prices that are asked for

Been down the Screwfix / Toolstation safety glasses route. They’re fine, but steam up when stationary or climbing. Then bought some Melon Optics sunglasses last year as they were on offer and not too bad a price. Great glasses, no good for riding. Steam up when stationary or climbing and plunge me into total darkness within the trees

So, spotted an offer on Stiff’s website, Sweet Protection’s Ronin MAX Rigs for half price. Industry leading lenses according to the marketing blurb. BIXBRITE being the perfect lens type for UK weather. Thought I’d give them a go and part with my money (even at half price they’re still quite an investment compared to the Screwfix options)

7130BC1A-1493-48CD-B9B2-1F248FCC898C.jpeg

First impressions … Not great. Feel cheap, plasticky frame, rubbery nosepiece which no doubt will slide around when sweaty, but the lenses do seem pretty damn sexy. They do fit well though and provide a clear line of vision in all directions. Haven’t ridden in them yet, just wore them in the garden looking at colours in amazement. Time will tell if I’ve been ripped off, or if I’ve bagged myself a decent set of riding shades for a bargain price

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Now then. I’m the kind of guy that can’t stand bright sunlight. I wear sunglasses when it’s raining. I live in shades all year round. I’ve been after a pair of riding glasses for a long time but haven’t been prepared to splash the cash on the extortionate prices that are asked for

Been down the Screwfix / Toolstation safety glasses route. They’re fine, but steam up when stationary or climbing. Then bought some Melon Optics sunglasses last year as they were on offer and not too bad a price. Great glasses, no good for riding. Steam up when stationary or climbing and plunge me into total darkness within the trees

So, spotted an offer on Stiff’s website, Sweet Protection’s Ronin MAX Rigs for half price. Industry leading lenses according to the marketing blurb. BIXBRITE being the perfect lens type for UK weather. Thought I’d give them a go and part with my money (even at half price they’re still quite an investment compared to the Screwfix options)

View attachment 91773

First impressions … Not great. Feel cheap, plasticky frame, rubbery nosepiece which no doubt will slide around when sweaty, but the lenses do seem pretty damn sexy. They do fit well though and provide a clear line of vision in all directions. Haven’t ridden in them yet, just wore them in the garden looking at colours in amazement. Time will tell if I’ve been ripped off, or if I’ve bagged myself a decent set of riding shades for a bargain price
I'm the same but i've settled for these.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire

View attachment 91773

I wasted so much money on sunglasses, riding glasses etc then started using my snowboarding goggles which were amazing. Not a single steam up and full eye protection. They wore down and a bit bulky so found some lighter, smaller goggles and not looked back since.
These are perfect, not bulky, smaller than my snowboard goggles, very light, adjustable, full eye protection and feel good on, They fit perfectly in my full face and stay in place when lifted under the visor when not needed and never had a steam up.

oh and its a 2 pack one for full face and one for normal helmet so no need to keep swapping over.

COOLOO Ski Goggles, 2-Pack Skiing Snowboard Goggles for Kids Men & Women, Boys & Girls, Youth, Snowboarding Snow Goggles Glasses with Anti Fog Wind Resistance Anti-Glare Lenses & Dust-proof Insulation Amazon.co.uk

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I wasted so much money on sunglasses, riding glasses etc then started using my snowboarding goggles which were amazing. Not a single steam up and full eye protection. They wore down and a bit bulky so found some lighter, smaller goggles and not looked back since.
These are perfect, not bulky, smaller than my snowboard goggles, very light, adjustable, full eye protection and feel good on, They fit perfectly in my full face and stay in place when lifted under the visor when not needed.

oh and its a 2 pack one for full face and one for normal helmet so no need to keep swapping over.

COOLOO Ski Goggles, 2-Pack Skiing Snowboard Goggles for Kids Men & Women, Boys & Girls, Youth, Snowboarding Snow Goggles Glasses with Anti Fog Wind Resistance Anti-Glare Lenses & Dust-proof Insulation Amazon.co.uk

I’ve got some decent googles too which I bought for when wearing the full face, mainly in winter or at dusk when the skies are full of flies. I’d just feel a bit of a knob wearing them with a half lid, especially if it’s just an XC ride 😬👊🏼

Randomdave

Subscriber
Dec 19, 2021
Woodstock, ga
After my OEM rear wheel went out of line for the 2nd time in 500 miles along with a few broken spokes Sunday, I shelled out a quart of blood, my left leg, and a bunch of dollars for a set of custom Buli Built wheels. Spank Hex hubs and Stan's hoops, made by the best wheel builder in the region. Should have them in about a week if I'm lucky.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Buy cheap, buy twice is a value worth living by. Except the Decathlon Stilus. That thing is awesome.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Buy cheap, buy twice is a value worth living by. Except the Decathlon Stilus. That thing is awesome.

Riding glasses are soooo expensive though, I really don’t know how they justify their prices

For example, take these POC glasses: POC DO Blade Clarity Sunglasses | Chain Reaction

On sale for £110

As far as I can tell, the lens is the same as what you get with the POC goggles, but you can pick up the goggles for around £40

The frames are simple plastic, so where does the extra £70 over the goggles come from ?

The 100% glasses are around £200, goggles around £60, again same lens (as far as I can tell)

I suspect the profit margin on sunglasses (not just MTB) is huge and we are simply paying for brand name & vanity

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Riding glasses are soooo expensive though, I really don’t know how they justify their prices

For example, take these POC glasses: POC DO Blade Clarity Sunglasses | Chain Reaction

On sale for £110

As far as I can tell, the lens is the same as what you get with the POC goggles, but you can pick up the goggles for around £40

The frames are simple plastic, so where does the extra £60 over the goggles come from ?

The 100% glasses are around £200, goggles around £60, again same lens (as far as I can tell)

I suspect the profit margin on sunglasses (not just MTB) is huge and we are simply paying for brand name & vanity
I agree, most branded sun glasses are a total rip off. Profit margins will be insane.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles