E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Revolution race pants...
nordwand pro x 1
gpx pro x 1
radiation fleece x 1

I have been using these since Black Friday. Seems to be really good stuff. Surprisingly water resistant and the fleece is very warm and wind proof. washed a couple of times with no probs.
Followed a link from this forum.

Pabs

Jul 27, 2019
London
Mixing 'n' matching, Hope 220 in the house and because purple :devilish:
Hope P mount and a RSC lever to evaluate :)
mi n match.jpg

RCDallas

May 28, 2019
Italy
Considered doing this on my jam 2..hows it working so far?

Unfortunately recent life events have prevented me from getting out on it and it will probably be a while before I'm able to give it a go. The Mudhugger SX can be had for around 18Euro (15 quid) apiece so you really can't go wrong at that price. I say go for it....

Oh...and love the Jam2. I had tried to purchase one during Black Friday sales but couldn't work it out with the vendor and found my Levo near by and at a great price so ended up with a Specialized instead of the Focus. Looks like you are enjoying yours as it should be ridden!

Billybopsbasher...thinking about it a little more, your rear triangle is fixed (as in your seat stay tubes don't move with respect to your chainstays) you would probably be better off using the Mudhugger FRX due to its extra length. You could probably get a fairly tight fit to the chain stay/pivot area for better protection. Anybody else try one on a Jam2?

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019
Northants
Unfortunately recent life events have prevented me from getting out on it and it will probably be a while before I'm able to give it a go. The Mudhugger SX can be had for around 18Euro (15 quid) apiece so you really can't go wrong at that price. I say go for it....

Oh...and love the Jam2. I had tried to purchase one during Black Friday sales but couldn't work it out with the vendor and found my Levo near by and at a great price so ended up with a Specialized instead of the Focus. Looks like you are enjoying yours as it should be ridden!

Billybopsbasher...thinking about it a little more, your rear triangle is fixed (as in your seat stay tubes don't move with respect to your chainstays) you would probably be better off using the Mudhugger FRX due to its extra length. You could probably get a fairly tight fit to the chain stay/pivot area for better protection. Anybody else try one on a Jam2?
I did think that once I'd seen the pic of how yours fitted your bike... I just happen to have the sx version sat in the shed and it wasn't until I saw your pic that I thought about trying it... I've since tries fitting but because it's slightly too short to reach the chainstay behind the bb and be able to be secured, I've just left it for now

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Bell Super Air R arrived today....has to replace my Bell Super 3R that I've destroyed lately.
Feels much better than the "old" one, even better air-vent, extreme light.

RCDallas

May 28, 2019
Italy
I did think that once I'd seen the pic of how yours fitted your bike... I just happen to have the sx version sat in the shed and it wasn't until I saw your pic that I thought about trying it... I've since tries fitting but because it's slightly too short to reach the chainstay behind the bb and be able to be secured, I've just left it for now
There is a 3" extension available that would fit the SX that might help.
MAX Front Extender

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
Chuck away that chain wear tool dude. I would only change the chain after it starts slipping. All that stuff isn't tested on an eBike. All the advice is prolonging a standard drive train, not an eBike one. They are different beasts.

If you change a chain at 0.5/0.75 as advised you'll find your cassette slips under high load on an eBike with a new chain.

Change the cassette and chain at the same time and go for a heavier steel cassette and it will last longer with that chain. Cost of changing cassette and chain each time is around £90 rather than the 3 chains the wear indicator will have you change at..
Sorry big lad but I totally disagree with you on that. Fitted the new chain and it feels great, the rear cassette is steel anyway so no slipping. I'll continue to change the chain at 0.5 but hopefully the XO1 chain will last longer than the last nx chain did ?

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Sorry big lad but I totally disagree with you on that. Fitted the new chain and it feels great, the rear cassette is steel anyway so no slipping. I'll continue to change the chain at 0.5 but hopefully the XO1 chain will last longer than the last nx chain did ?
Changed my chain on the KHS at .5%. And the sunrace cassette is like new. Shifts perfectly.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
As a premonition, I'm going to be buying a Magic Mary for the front of my Rail this week. Anyone seen any deals about?

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Any good?

Used it today for the first time.
Weather was standard UK-weather...raining all day, but we had a planned session with 2 co-workers, so we did it....

I turned on the e-booz before turning on the bike.
It draw power from e-booz the first 18 kilometers, then the bike turned it self off.
Bike was actually re-booting, because the e-booz was empty, and then it draw power from the internal battery.

Worked as expected.

focus_e-boost.png

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Pretty boring this week. A rim tape. Flat was caused by a 50mm roofing nail on the canal towpath. The b@st@rd defeated my tubeless ploy easily by going straight through at 90’ and puncturing the rim tape as well! Sneaky!

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Muckynutz front mugguard long: Installed on rear. Idea taken from grandpa B. So far, this is super at keeping the linkage and driveline clean. It fits the trance perfectly. Your results may vary.

Shorty 2.5, zee mech, xt 11-36 cassette. the gearing is a bit to tall for the climbing I do. I've ordered a 32T and 30T chainring (currently at 34 chainring).
View attachment 23466
Leave the 34T on the front so you're not sacrificing top-end. Put a Shimano HG500 11-42 cassette in :) They are pretty cheap and i have previously used one to upgrade my analogue bike with great success. Possibly a Wolf Tooth Goatlink might be required as well - not sure about the Zee mech.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles