What did you buy your ebike this week?

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
A few parts to upgrade my Reign E+! Can't wait to install them next week.

That Sram stuff is so cheap on Bikeinn that it's getting ridiculous, reminds me of Chain Reaction that were shipping Shimano stuff to NA for half price.

I thought it was the Euro to CAD conversion rate at first, but even their euro prices undercut Sram's MSRP by a considerable amount.

-Sram Code RSC
-Sram HS2 220mm rotor (rear)
-MTX gold label HD brake pads
-RockShox Charger 2.1 RC2 ZEB damper

RSC.jpg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
New front tyre for the Rise Continental Xynotal for summer use

I noticed the Pivot team are running Argotals at Leogang in all the wet slop

Obviously they’re sponsored by Conti, so have to name drop on Bernard’s channel, but interesting they chose the Argotals and not Kryptotals

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
I noticed the Pivot team are running Argotals at Leogang in all the wet slop

Obviously they’re sponsored by Conti, so have to name drop on Bernard’s channel, but interesting they chose the Argotals and not Kryptotals

Did you mean Hydrotals? That's their full mud tyre, the Argotals sit between this and the Krytotals
I guess the Hydrotals will be too slow running for the rest of the track, and Kryptotals not coping as well in the slop.

1654869092916.png

Should be a good race tomorrow! :cool:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Did you mean Hydrotals? That's their full mud tyre, the Argotals sit between this and the Krytotals
I guess the Hydrotals will be too slow running for the rest of the track, and Kryptotals not coping as well in the slop.

View attachment 89918

Aah, I thought the order from dry to wet was Xyno, Argo, Krypto and then Hydro

So the Argotal will probably make a better choice for wet conditions. Having another set of wheels made so looking for tyres for wet conditions to put on them

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK

View attachment 89918

Just watched Bernard's quali. Definitely said Argotals before crashing & blowing it.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
CAEA493E-337A-4068-AAB5-B1EFBAA93C20.png

Noticed today after breaking a pedal my headset sounded bad.ordered an upgraded bottombearing for my cranecreek 40 cups..strangely I looked at replacing the top bearing and that’s where I noticed on every site including cane creek it’s states 41.8mmx30mmx6.5mm..the actual size of mine is 41.05mm and it is not worn because the galvanised coating is still on..ordered one anyway…be interesting to see how wrong I am 😂

Dannage

May 28, 2022
UK
A few parts to upgrade my Reign E+! Can't wait to install them next week.

That Sram stuff is so cheap on Bikeinn that it's getting ridiculous, reminds me of Chain Reaction that were shipping Shimano stuff to NA for half price.

I thought it was the Euro to CAD conversion rate at first, but even their euro prices undercut Sram's MSRP by a considerable amount.

-Sram Code RSC
-Sram HS2 220mm rotor (rear)
-MTX gold label HD brake pads
-RockShox Charger 2.1 RC2 ZEB damper

Interested to hear if you think the RSC's are worth the upgrade when you get around to testing them. And also what made you get the 2.1 damper when the 3 is out now?

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Cushcore pro.
Have never tried inserts before. Now all that remains is to see if I can install them smoothly

I quote myself, it was pure hell to get on the tire after stopping in cushcore so it had to be left to lbs.

my lbs stuffed in my cushcore while I was there, I guess he had done it a few times because it looked so easy. : D

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Internet says Maxxis Assegai and DHR2 have a much higher rolling resistance than Rekon and Ikon
well yeah. That seems obvious without having to search. Just looking at rekon and ikon both have shallow center knobs and packed together; they'd be good on road and hardpack?

skinipenem

Apr 9, 2022
skinipenem
It’s a bit more time consuming than with out but not that hard. Just gotta make sure to get the bead all the way in before the last bit can even come close to popping over. Also heating the tire in the sunshine helps. And easier to do with a used tire.
It was a challenge. Much easier then mounting moto bib mousse or moto tubliss. Recommend watching the install video. The cushcore install tool helped. I used a Motion pro bead buddy 2; that helped too, but not necessary. Did it on our kitchen table ;) and lube is your friend. Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo diluted in a spray bottle.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
It’s a bit more time consuming than with out but not that hard. Just gotta make sure to get the bead all the way in before the last bit can even come close to popping over. Also heating the tire in the sunshine helps. And easier to do with a used tire.

Unfortunately, I did not have cushcore's own tools. I checked their installation video before I started and then I had a spray bottle with soapy water but it was difficult: D

Thanks , i am gonna try to heat the tire in the sun next time

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Interested to hear if you think the RSC's are worth the upgrade when you get around to testing them. And also what made you get the 2.1 damper when the 3 is out now?

I previously had Code Rs and my new RSCs have the same power, however level feel is totally different and better because of SwingLink, similar feel to Shimano without the on/off feeling. I also like the bite point adjust which is really working & upgrade came out cheap by selling old Code Rs.

I will add that you need to pair these with the new thicker Sram HS2 rotors & ceramic pads (I run MTX gold pads) to have a killer setup, otherwise I find the power to be weak with OE sintered pads & old Centerline rotors.

I would choose this setup anytime over Saints (hate the on/off feeling and vague bite point, makes manuals ultra sketchy as an example) or MT7 (cheap lever, sometimes not reliable).

I got the Charger 2.1 RC2 because Charger 3 upgrade kit will not be available before early 2023.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Have you seen their new fullface helmet?. it its called poc otogon and look really nice.

View attachment 90319

Yes the Otogon was released a few weeks after I’d already bought the Coron. Probably explains why I got a good deal on the Coron 😀

Looks great but I fancied a lighter open face trail helmet too, hence the Kortal. My current (but now previous) open face just pours with sweat as soon as it’s a bit warmer, now hanging in the garage as a spare

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Any idea of price difference between the two & will we mortals be able to tell the difference on the trail?

Charger 3 MSRP is 3$CAD more than the Charger 2.1, so pretty much the same price which is surprising.

Honestly I don't think the average rider will be able to tell all of the differences, Charger 2.1 RC2 performance is more than enough and if you can score a nice deal on a 2022 fork go for it!

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Yes the Otogon was released a few weeks after I’d already bought the Coron. Probably explains why I got a good deal on the Coron 😀

Looks great but I fancied a lighter open face trail helmet too, hence the Kortal. My current (but now previous) open face just pours with sweat as soon as it’s a bit warmer, now hanging in the garage as a spare

Yes you can find the coron for really good prices now when the have released the new one :D
well I also have coron and do not feel that I need to upgrade to the new fullface helmet as I am very happy with the one I have.

hehe I understand that, would also not want to go with a fullface when it's hot outside.

if you do not go to a bike park

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
2021 C1 Debonair Air Spring Upgrade Kit Pike/Revelation 2018+ (160mm)

Upgrade my Pike Ultimate forks FS-PIKE-ULT-B4 air spring and increase travel from the current 150mm to 160mm which is the stock fork travel on my 2022 Trek Rail 5.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles