What did you buy your ebike this week?

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Third set of rear pads within 9 months. I think next time I better pay for a no-braking-training. 😆
SRAM.jpg

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
I've added an MRI scan to my shopping list to confirm a torn rotator cuff. The torn bicep is patently obvious, there's a good reason it's known as the "Popeye" injury...
Will you now be on the spinach diet

Speedy recovery wishes

My own x-ray results were reviewed by my GP this week and when i phoned to ask about it they just said that the notes to be passed to patient ( me ) was that the results " are acceptable" !!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Thanks. I was back on the bike the following weekend. It’s the 8-12 week recovery time from the op I’m not looking forward to. 😥

Timbo

Aug 31, 2018
France
Bought the specialized Pro Elaston Saddle for my Levo Pro 2022 but unfortunately it wouldn't fit. The rails were too wide to fit the clamp, luckily I got my money back.
Seems strange that it wouldn't fit, I thought all specialized saddles were of the same size, especially on newer and latest models. Has anyone else experienced this?
You need the oval rail clamps from Specialized if it is the one with carbon rails.

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
But buy something other than organic next time or even change the manufacturer. Maybe Galfer or MTX Red pads.
I have not been unhappy with the original stuff so far (apart from the wear, maybe). I read somewhere that when you change from organic to metal pads, you also have to replace the rotor. So I'll probably go for a 200 mm rear rotor together with metallic pads (aren't they noisy?), when the 180 one is worn out.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I have not been unhappy with the original stuff so far (apart from the wear, maybe). I read somewhere that when you change from organic to metal pads, you also have to replace the rotor. So I'll probably go for a 200 mm rear rotor together with metallic pads (aren't they noisy?), when the 180 one is worn out.
I have just used sandpaper and isopropyl for cleaning the old disk. Then new pads and proper bedding.

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
You need the oval rail clamps from Specialized if it is the one with carbon rails.

Thanks for the info, think I'll be giving it a miss. I'm not spending anymore money on this bike. I've spoken with the supplying dealer whom I bought it from. They said they'd never heard of specialized making different fitments for their saddles and said there all the same. They suggested contacting ridercare as its likely to be a quality control issue.
I don't expect to have to buy yet another seat clamp to have the privilege of buying their top of the range saddle, to replace the cheapo one on a 11.3k bike. To say this is taking the pi$$ is an understatement.

spicker

May 2, 2022
Newfoundland, Canada
Just ordered a couple Eliminator GRID TRAIL 2Bliss Ready T7 for the rear of my Levo with Specialized having a 2 for 1 sale here in Canada. No front Butchers available in T9 in 29 2.6 but are available in the T7 compound. Will that make a noticeable difference?

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
A bunch of XT stuff they decided not to put on the Cube 160 Matte Desert SL.
The alternative was buying a Benetton style "ActionTeam" AT and repaint the frame.
20220607_204447.jpg

and some grease, spare brakepads, carbongrip, tubeless fluid,...

Last edited:

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
A7464B6D-A19B-475B-B383-D1726CADC38E.jpeg
new assegai to replace my very worn dd maxgrip.went with maxterra and the new new exo+ which weight and feel wise is not far away from a dd now,hopefully give my 504wh battery an easier time😂

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
View attachment 89741
new assegai to replace my very worn dd maxgrip.went with maxterra and the new new exo+ which weight and feel wise is not far away from a dd now,hopefully give my 504wh battery an easier time😂

Should be fun and hear what you think about maxxtera assegai.

I replaced my assegai maxxgrip with a pair of assegai maxxtera exo+ and even though I drive tubeless with low tire pressure and high pressure, I thought they were a bit bouncy.
I have a couple of cushcore pro inserts that I will stop in to see if it gets better.

probably it's just that I'm used to maxxgrips soft rubber

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
27.5 x 2.4
Internet says Maxxis Assegai and DHR2 have a much higher rolling resistance than Rekon and Ikon.
And I experienced it myself, betweens tracks: on asphalt is like riding with the brakes on.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles