What did you buy your ebike this week?

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
A089496F-51B7-4BFB-9396-94095CEBFD9A.jpeg
220mm rotor..hopefully give my front pads a slightly easier time??

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I think its a combination of the conditions we ride in, along with a long history of engineering excellence and innovation - there are endless small machine shops and backyard industries turning out high end parts for all sorts of sectors across the UK.

If there's a problem that needs solving we love to get the tools out

RCDallas

May 28, 2019
Italy
Mudhugger Shorty X for front & rear and MucOff No Puncture to go tubless. Pics when delivered and installed....

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Fo the bike
SRAM PC X1 chain
Abus granit lock
Muc off X-3 chain cleaner
ClugXL

For me
Revolution race norwand pro
& 2x hyper pro pants

3rd time lucky?
View attachment 24000
Lets hope my ass approves ;)
Interested to hear what your ass thinks lol
Currently using the Ergon which isn't too bad... But I I'm not sure if it's just my sit bones need to get used to riding again or the saddle, as they do get a bit sore on rides of a couple hours or so

Last edited:

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
New Superstarcomponents jockey wheels for my GX mech. Muddy ride, whole drive train covered, digging handfuls of leaf and mud from the linkages so really careful brush and rinse clean. Drive train had behaved flawlessly and felt ok, but on checking everything after it had all dried out, jockey wheels had seized solid. Had same issue at same point, 3 months, on my analogue so put on Hope jockey wheels which 3 years on are still running well. Ordered these as the price was much lower than Hope and worth a look.

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
Nothing exciting here, just a bleed kit for the brakes, the forks have had a service and the UK's weather finally took it's toll on my headset, so new bearings in there. I ought to check my pads really, can't see there being much life left on them tbh.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Fifty-Fifty 30T chainring.

FIFTY-FIFTY 104BCD Narrow Wide Chainring, Single Chainring for 9/10/11-Speed with 4 Alloy Chainring Bolts,30T,Blue

Had to remove the spider(?) to get it on becuase it's too small in diameter to fit over it. The chainring has a 2mm offset to allow the chain to clear the spider where typically a 32T is as small as you can go.

It was a little noisy at first but after just a few miles it quieted.

This chain ring along with the 11-36t cassette gives me seriously low gearing. My average speed on the daily ride is only 12 mph. The low gearing works for me, and I need a short cage derailleur, it's a compromise forsure but one I think I can live with during the winter. The price was nice. We'll see how long it last.

On a side note I punctured my new EXO casing shorty today? Time to try the hillbilly ?

20200105_131939.jpg

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
those tyres look the bollocks... I was at the shop today and someone came in with them fitted, really aggressive looking - which is what I need..
how do you find them?

I’ve only ridden on tarmac so far so no real feedback. I can say they feel really nicely made, roll nicely and seem much stickier rubber as they were picking up every loose bit of tarmac on the roads and paths ?

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I bought a park tools cc-4 checker. So a quality tool imo ? there's an in depth article circulating on here recommending the best chain, tool and wear indication for replacement
Finding the best bicycle chain: What over 3,000 hours of testing revealed | CyclingTips

Chuck away that chain wear tool dude. I would only change the chain after it starts slipping. All that stuff isn't tested on an eBike. All the advice is prolonging a standard drive train, not an eBike one. They are different beasts.

If you change a chain at 0.5/0.75 as advised you'll find your cassette slips under high load on an eBike with a new chain.

Change the cassette and chain at the same time and go for a heavier steel cassette and it will last longer with that chain. Cost of changing cassette and chain each time is around £90 rather than the 3 chains the wear indicator will have you change at..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles