What data can I get wirelessly from my Shimano e8000 motor/electronics?

ziscwg

Sep 18, 2019
US
Specialized has set the standard on data available, but what does shimano offer? I have a Garmin and I'd love to get some data besides the basic cadence, speed and such.

Any power data? Maybe an assist percentage?

I have a e7000 display on my Decoy. It works to tell me the power is on and what mode. I have seen a few guys at trade shows talk about a wireless add on for shimano, but not much more than that.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Specialized has set the standard on data available, but what does shimano offer? I have a Garmin and I'd love to get some data besides the basic cadence, speed and such.

Any power data? Maybe an assist percentage?

I have a e7000 display on my Decoy. It works to tell me the power is on and what mode. I have seen a few guys at trade shows talk about a wireless add on for shimano, but not much more than that.

You can't get much unfortunately - power is not available, but assist percentage probably is (but I've only seen it displayed on the Shimano display itself and on a particular preset page on the Garmin Edge 1030).

Otherwise I think these are all you can get: speed, cadence, battery %, assist mode, distance(?), Di2 gear

If you really want to dig into it you can get any of the internal settings stored on the bike, like firmware version etc, but not much use on a ride.

I wrote a basic datafield for Garmin watches using Bluetooth that just shows battery and assist mode: STEPS EMTB Data

Really the only thing missing is power data, just a shame!

ziscwg

Sep 18, 2019
US
Thanks,
I have a garmin 820 with that connect iq thing. I will have to try things out.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
assist % is available as a parameter on my edge 530 and AFAIK all X30 models

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Wou;dn't have thought power data would be very accurate from the motor.
But a stages or any other L/H HTII crank arm power meter can be used and displayed on your garmin, seems a waste putting one on a motorised bike to me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles