What’s they longest ride you’ve done on your Decoy?

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
I’ve only done 2 rides, and neither ran out the battery, but am curious how far you guys have gone on your bike.

Post up mileage and elevation gain of your largest ride. Let’s see who has gone the furthest and climbed the most.

My ride on Sunday should be easily beatable.
22 miles / 4800’ elevation gain. (1463m).

RifleGreen

May 10, 2020
United Kingdom
Only on my 4th ride so still exploring battery capabilities. Longest so far is 37.4 miles with 2159' of elevation gain. Rode first 20 miles in eco then the last 17 in trail. finished with 2 bars of battery remaining. In contrast I did 2 rides without recharging the battery in between and achieved a combined 30 miles and 1500' elevation gain and had 1 bar remaining similar type of terrain for all rides. A little bit apprehensive about pushing my luck as it will be a hard slog back to the car if it got to empty. Looking forward to the rumoured 700Wh battery.

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Big ride today. Two full batteries. First was only eco and trail. Second was trail and boost. Ran out of batteries about 0.25miles from the top on last lap, luckily my friend had more juice and was able to give me a push in the back.

D7AA865D-1CF6-4722-AEAE-6E5FA6644EB9.jpeg

db840

Sep 28, 2019
Canada
Did a battery time and distance test today on the Pro Race.

60.15 km
Distance

3:24:52
Time

Avg Speed (kph)

662 m
Elev Gain

Used up about 90%~95% of the battery. From full charge to 1/2hr on last bar. Mostly 'Trail' mode. Some 'Boost', no 'Eco'. Talked to YT about a second 540w battery today and told me they're in stock and a 700w battery is still coming sometime this summer.

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver

60.15 km
Distance

Time

Avg Speed (kph)

662 m
Elev Gain

Used up about 90%~95% of the battery. From full charge to 1/2hr on last bar. Mostly 'Trail' mode. Some 'Boost', no 'Eco'. Talked to YT about a second 540w battery today and told me they're in stock and a 700w battery is still coming sometime this summer.
I was going to get a spare battery, but will wait until the 700w comes out, and use the current as a spare.

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
Last summer I recorded some rides in the alps when we just got the Decoys. To lazy to copy them from an older topic about battery range : Share Your Decoy Range Anecdotes - EMTB Forums

What i noticed is: slower uphill is more 'achievable' (?) height meters, faster is less. So stick it in eco mid (torque limited) and try to ride most of the uphills in that. Use eco high over trail (max torque) so you save more battery. Trick is to spend more time in eco, riding normal speed up in cadance of 70-90 if you want to optimize height meters. Try to ride consistent speed. Pushing down hard on the pedals when you stop and then going forward again, like in a road with large rocks or tight turns, the motor puts out max 500 watts. Do that a significant amount of times and it will reduce your battery faster. Though on some trails(parts)you might not be able to achieve this :)

You will get more tired as you are putting in more energy to ride uphill, but if battery saving is what you are looking for....Or ride without assistance :)

msim3011

Apr 9, 2020
SCOTLAND

60.15 km
Distance

Time

Avg Speed (kph)

662 m
Elev Gain

Hmmm, last Thursday they replied to my query about a spare battery (I didn't specify 540 or 700) with "unfortunately we don't have any detailed information yet as to when a spare battery or a new battery will be available and at which price. We assume that we could introduce it at the end of the season"

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Gave it a good test a couple days ago. I didnt use any boost and it was probably pretty even split between eco and trail. Logging road climbing to the dh trails. Kind of endurance pace with a few intervals. I ended up just under 50km and just under 7000ft of vert. Not sure how much was left on the last bar but it wouldnt have been much. Battery and my self were pretty much tapped. I think ill be ok for another month or so with just this one battery but i hope to be able to get and use an extra after that/fingers crossed.
Sure is nice being able to spin a gear up the steep parts at the upper end of the logging road as opposed to grunting to turn over the granny ring on my enduro bike for a single lap.

ziscwg

Sep 18, 2019
US
Here's mine: 30.5 miles and 5147 ft on the ascent. This did require continual battery management and smart use of the motor. There really was very little that needed boost mode.
Eco mode was set to high
Trail mode was set to low with torque limited to 50 nm.
Boost mode was set to low with torque limited to 60nm
-
longest.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles