West Aussie new to EMTB

Brendog78

Jun 12, 2019
Australia
Hi fellas, I'm from WA and work FIFO. I'm away from home more than I'm there (HD Mechanic). I'm looking at getting a EMTB. I did a demo on Merida e 160 and loved it. ?

I'm not bike fit these days by a long shot, age, weight, ostio arthritis, injurys etc have all gotten in the way of doing the things I love. I have a background in riding bmx, DH and currently ride a gravity enduro bike. I don't race as much as I would like due to fitness and time.?

EMTB for me is a light at the end of the tunnel, some hope I can continue doing what I love for a lot longer. Just need to pick a bike and get out there a hell of a lot more ?

With some luck EMTB Forum will help me with my decision on which bike and any issues I come across. Cant wait...?

Injidup

Oct 2, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Welcome, Brendog !
I’m in Perth, and really enjoy my eMTB, I ride more and travel further than I could on my normal MTB.
For those not familiar, FIFO = Fly in, fly out, a term for people who work in remote areas such as mines, of which there are many in Western Australia. Also known as CUBs, although CUBs seem to have died out now ;)

Last edited:

Injidup

Oct 2, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
From Wiktionary...

cashed up bogan (plural cashed up bogans) (Australia) A person who is unsophisticated or of a lower class background but achieving a high salary, who spends money on flashy or trashy items to fulfil their aspirations of higher social status.

Not all FIFO workers are cubs, they tended to be the younger ones with a sudden amount of disposable income. Many FIFO workers are professionals such as geologists and geophysicists.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles