Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
New Sub Forum for YT Industries Decoy :cool:

JackTennyson-11.jpg

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
It's a difficult subject for me. I have a 2018 Levo Carbon thats approaching 2 years old and has been faultless for the last 18 months (motor issue in first couple of months resolved quickly by lbs). I've upgraded the Levo to 29s and added a charger damper and absolutely love it now.... Just wish it had more rear travel and have a thought that selling it on now might be the sweet spot for value. Ideal bike would be a 160mm travel Levo at about 5K - was leaning towards a Kenevo next. The decoy looks ideal and I've had a Capra before so comfortable with the buying process & service. At a pinch I could even keep the Levo for the wife (knowing full well that she'd probably never use it) and get the decoy as well.
I normally keep bikes for 3 years rather than upgrade after 2, so would be interested in knowing how long others typically keep their bikes for.
Typical riding is trail centre black/reds and I ride fast and hard - typically towards the top of Strava downhill segments (not that that means much) ?. I'm gonna demo one first probably at Gisburn, but conscious that as I would go for a small (which they probably won't build many of) they may well be sold out by May.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
If you are looking at a 160mm rear travel bike. There are options out there for you to fit a custom made rear shock to your 2018 Levo that will give you the same eye to eye length but your shock stroke length will increase to 55mm and give you the travel you are looking for.
It is a lot less than forking out for a new bike especially if you love your current 2018 and dont really want to change it.
However, saying that the YT is a very very nice bike for the money and you may find there are loads of small YTs available.
What size is your 2018?

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
It's a difficult subject for me. I have a 2018 Levo Carbon thats approaching 2 years old and has been faultless for the last 18 months (motor issue in first couple of months resolved quickly by lbs). I've upgraded the Levo to 29s and added a charger damper and absolutely love it now.... Just wish it had more rear travel and have a thought that selling it on now might be the sweet spot for value. Ideal bike would be a 160mm travel Levo at about 5K - was leaning towards a Kenevo next. The decoy looks ideal and I've had a Capra before so comfortable with the buying process & service. At a pinch I could even keep the Levo for the wife (knowing full well that she'd probably never use it) and get the decoy as well.
I normally keep bikes for 3 years rather than upgrade after 2, so would be interested in knowing how long others typically keep their bikes for.
Typical riding is trail centre black/reds and I ride fast and hard - typically towards the top of Strava downhill segments (not that that means much) ?. I'm gonna demo one first probably at Gisburn, but conscious that as I would go for a small (which they probably won't build many of) they may well be sold out by May.
I do have the same bike as you are having now and as Kiwi says, you can get a bit more rear travel easily. I running a Push tuned Van RC coil shock 197 x 51 mm and I’m getting a tad over 150 mm rear travel with this setup. Together with a 160 mm front end, offset bushings in the rear(manual flip chip) and 29” wheel set, I as a matter of fact have close to a 2019 Levo geo without the longer reach. My rear end upgrade was around £400 from TFtuned.

There are good options for the my2018 Levo:cool:

672B23E4-3494-4B61-BB8F-9A0F4DEB3E96.jpeg

Karsten

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
If you are looking at a 160mm rear travel bike. There are options out there for you to fit a custom made rear shock to your 2018 Levo that will give you the same eye to eye length but your shock stroke length will increase to 55mm and give you the travel you are looking for.
It is a lot less than forking out for a new bike especially if you love your current 2018 and dont really want to change it.
However, saying that the YT is a very very nice bike for the money and you may find there are loads of small YTs available.
What size is your 2018?
My levo and previous Capra were both smalls, I've knocked up a geo chart comparing the 2 to the new YT in small and its interesting that the important dimension, reach and wheelbase have all increased over the years.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles