Weird display behaviour

Feb 5, 2019
Wales
My 2018 Giant DIRT-E+ 1 PRO was charging like normal. I charged to 100% and turned the display on and off to check the %. The display came on without touching a button, so I turned it off, and went to bed. I got up, and the battery had discharged to 93% overnight, and the display was back on. So I turned the display off. Decided to turn it on again, and it would not turn on. Took the battery off, put it back on again, and the display comes on. Turned it off again, and the display won’t come on. Repeated the on/off battery technique, still works that way. What is going on?

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
My 2018 Giant DIRT-E+ 1 PRO was charging like normal. I charged to 100% and turned the display on and off to check the %. The display came on without touching a button, so I turned it off, and went to bed. I got up, and the battery had discharged to 93% overnight, and the display was back on. So I turned the display off. Decided to turn it on again, and it would not turn on. Took the battery off, put it back on again, and the display comes on. Turned it off again, and the display won’t come on. Repeated the on/off battery technique, still works that way. What is going on?
Water ingress in the controller/screen/connections

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
Any way of fixing it?

Now when I turn it off, it doesn’t stay off.
If still in warranty dealer should replace if not warm room/hairdryer should help...this is why giant dropped the screens and went to a simple controller albeit we now have a mk3 version that’s supposed to be watertight,only time will tell

Jaygam

Feb 14, 2019
Hampshire
Dry, then Silicone grease the connectors to prevent water ingress.
Vaseline might do but as it's petroleum baised it may deteriorate the rubber/plastic.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles