Weird battery lights after charging!

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
(Also posted in the Merida forum)

When I charge my battery, the lights on the battery perform as normal (solid green bars and one flashing green) and increase up to eventually 5 solid green bars but instead of turning itself off after this like it used to, it goes back to two bars with the first bar solid green and the second bar flashing green.

Does anyone have any info or idea as to what this means?

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I know bugger all about chargers and batteries, but it sounds as though the charger has reset rather than switching off. For example, this is the sort of thing that happens when recharging aa and aaa batteries; if they are charged, and you remove them and replace them again (or they lose connectivity momentarily), it's like the charger has to work up through the bars again to acknowledge full charge. This is done within a few minutes of course, rather than charging again for hours. Is this what happens with your system?

Either way it's looking like a warranty issue, assuming you're still under warranty. It could also be a fault with the battery's management system too - probably more likely.

If you're out of warranty and keeping the bike, I'd get a timer; that's what I do now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles