Water in battery

Spots_85

Nov 5, 2019
Plymouth
Hi All,
I have a 7 week old Giant Fathom E+ Pro. I’ve gone to give it a charge this morning and it wouldn’t charge. I’ve taken out the power pack and noticed that a small amount of water has managed to get into the power connectors (see picture).
Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a warranty job or a clean up job?
Thanks,
Lindsey

6DB15CEB-77C4-4D0E-B6F9-F0584BB1245D.jpeg

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
The pic suggests only an external exposure to moisture. As noted, clean the female ports & the male pins on the bike. Maybe a dab of some dielectric grease would be in order.

Also, a battery dismount after every ride should be done to let the battery enclosure dry

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I've been charging my battery off the bike, and cleaning the contacts often. Removing the battery after every ride has two distinct benifits from my point of view. It allows everything to dry out, and allows me to visually verify clean contacts. I started doing this after a ride where the bike was shutting off intermittently, when I checked the contacts they were full of trail muck.

I just ordered one of these

Fahrer Akku eBike Battery Cover: Universal, Tube | Tree Fort Bikes

Hoping it fits well and deflects the trail muck.

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
I've also had similar verdigris occur, fixed it with a fibreglass pencil and some contact cleaner. I now remove the battery after every post-ride washdown and spray the contacts with a little water displacing fluid and dry off.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles