Washing your ebike

bissona

Patreon
Oct 14, 2018
Guernsey
Great, but how big is one piece? That image could be any size, and no details are provided on that screen.
True, but given that its a moto-x site, and that's listed as sump guard foam, I'm going to guess that sheet is something like 12" x 8".

You can kind of see what from the magnified pic the scale of the foam too, looks distinctly familiar but can't quite remember what I've had that used the same foam. Will hunt around the house this morning....

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
I use a hose only and a soft brush, after that I use a dog blower to get rid of all the water especially out of those places you can't get in. It's been the best thing I've ever bought for cleaning bikes

Look on amazon for one of these

2800W Variable Speed Pet Grooming Hair Dryer

About £60 and worth every penny

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I use a hose only and a soft brush, after that I use a dog blower to get rid of all the water especially out of those places you can't get in. It's been the best thing I've ever bought for cleaning bikes

How loud are these things? Was gonna get one for the pups. Might double-up uses.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey

I have been using one of these for years - single best thing I have bought for nike maintenance, get all the water out, and especially in Winter means you don't have to worry about things drying off

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
If I come back from a dirty ass ride, I let the bike dry then use a long handled kitchen brush to brush the dirt off. I have no hose so I use a watering can to cover the bike in water, put a bit of washing up liquid into a sports drink bottle with a bit of water to create a nice lather and then spray that all over the drivechain and brakes mainly. Scrub her down, make use of the watering can again and dry her off, re-lube and good for the next ride! Takes about 30 minutes for a quick clean.

Every 4 weeks I do a detailed clean just to keep the bike running as it should and that can take anywhere from 2-3 hours :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles