Levo Gen 2 Warranty extension & Firmware Update for all 2019/20 Levo/Kenevo with 2.1 motors

happi777

Nov 17, 2020
singapore
To all owners of 2019/20 Turbo Levo & 2020 Kenevo featuring the Specialized 2.1 motor, here's a letter to you from Mike Sinyard - our founder and CEO.

Thanks for all of your support & feedback on this forum. We'll keep a close eye on this thread and do our best to answer any questions.
Did the update but it sticks at 50% then next thing it shows updated. But the motor went dead. Yes this can easily solve by sending to a Specialized LBS but not in my case. I am from Singapore and there is no retailer or dealers selling T.Levo. I bought it from neighbor country Malaysia and currently Malaysia is in Lockdown due to COVID.
so is there a way I can-get hold a Software to reset the bike to default without using Mission Apps by Bluetooth? I understand your statement and Goal is the Best Kind of Repair is NO BIKE REPAIR but by updating that causes more repair needed is against your statement. HOPe to hear from you a solution to my issues. Cheers Kyler.

Giuliano

Jan 31, 2021
Sydney
Hey Guys, how are you all?

I am with a big problem and I would like to know how to proceed in this case,
I ve just bought a specialized 2019 kenevo (green one) from the first owner and the motor started to spinning in false,
I am able to send a video of the problem
Ive seen that its a often problem, and I would like to know if this one has the extended warranty as well,
if not, how would I proceed?

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland

I ve just bought a specialized 2019 kenevo (green one) from the first owner and the motor started to spinning in false,
Ive seen that its a often problem, and I would like to know if this one has the extended warranty as well,
Very first, contact authorized Specialized dealer. Beginning of August 2018 the warranty can be transfer to the 2nd owner.
And if the bike is expert model, yes it has the extended warranty.

Edit: Extended Warranty starts from 2020, but 2019 model still have 2 years warranty

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

Just to confirm, because the model year and purchase years don't always line up exactly. Is it the older X-wing frame Kenevo with the 1.3 motor or the newer Kenevo with the 2.1 motor. I suspect if it's the newer one with the 2.1 motor, you will be covered. If it's the older one you definitely won't be.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
@Specialized Rider Care

With the release of the 2.2 motor, Specialized stating that it is not a new motor but contains rolling improvements such as clutches/belt etc; will Specialized be replacing future failing motors from 2020/2021 models with the 2.2 revision?
Brose will only be making one motor for Specialized so I guess whether you get a 2.1 or a 2.2 if a replacement is required, will depend on ongoing stock levels. Certainly at some stage the only motor will be the 2.2.

Flafyre

Jul 25, 2020
Question for you all, I just had my motor and belt replaced on my 2020 specialized Levo Comp due to motor issues. Specialized sent new motor and belt for free through warranty because Its just under a year old but bike shop it was bought from is charging $300 for labor to swap out old motor with new one. Is labor supposed to be included and does that seem like a fair price?? I mean Bike was basically brand new and i know in the covid world now shops are hurting for $$$. but doesnt seem right!

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
N
Question for you all, I just had my motor and belt replaced on my 2020 specialized Levo Comp due to motor issues. Specialized sent new motor and belt for free through warranty because Its just under a year old but bike shop it was bought from is charging $300 for labor to swap out old motor with new one. Is labor supposed to be included and does that seem like a fair price?? I mean Bike was basically brand new and i know in the covid world now shops are hurting for $$$. but doesnt seem right!
You need to get on to Speacialized should not cost anything if you bought it from the bike shop that repaired it or did you.

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
I am way, way too cheap!!! :eek:

Myprod

Sep 20, 2018
South Africa
I have not ridden my Levo much and now with the new one being released I was thinking about getting a second one and friends using mine.
I bought mine on the 21st of September 2018. Motor date is 21/06/2018. It was one of the first batches that came out. I only have 598km on the bike.

Would this bike also qualify for the extended warranty or not?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I have not ridden my Levo much and now with the new one being released I was thinking about getting a second one and friends using mine.
I bought mine on the 21st of September 2018. Motor date is 21/06/2018. It was one of the first batches that came out. I only have 598km on the bike.

Would this bike also qualify for the extended warranty or not?
Is it a gen2 levo ? TCU on the top tube, 2.1 motor ? Then yes. Gen1 with lights on the side and a 1.3 motor, then no.

Redscram

Sep 4, 2019
Aptos,ca
To all owners of 2019/20 Turbo Levo & 2020 Kenevo featuring the Specialized 2.1 motor, here's a letter to you from Mike Sinyard - our founder and CEO.

Thanks for all of your support & feedback on this forum. We'll keep a close eye on this thread and do our best to answer any questions.
Hi @Specialized Rider Care can you tell me what the lead time is for a motor replacement (2020 Levo Comp) Mine has been in the shop since April 3 ( almost 6 weeks ) and they say they are waiting for the replacement motor. I can’t get a more definitive answer and they don’t seem to interested in following up.

Moderator : Edited to link to rider care correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barto

Aug 28, 2019
Qld
Is there any information on how many motors are failing since the software update? Basically I'm wanting to know if it is the fix Specialized promised.
Cheers

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Is there any information on how many motors are failing since the software update? Basically I'm wanting to know if it is the fix Specialized promised.
Cheers
It will probably take quite a while to build an accurate picture. Hopefully the the update will stop the problem, but there's still going to be some motors out there which will have already degraded and would have been close to failing which will probably still fail.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
does any body know what software specialized use to run diagnostic checks
They have their own in house software and the motors/specialized software has at least some basic levels of software protection to make it difficult for people to hack the code. So basically, nothing we can access unless you want to spend quite a bit of time working around it.

Nightfil

Jun 7, 2021
Germany
@Specialized Rider Care

With the release of the 2.2 motor, Specialized stating that it is not a new motor but contains rolling improvements such as clutches/belt etc; will Specialized be replacing future failing motors from 2020/2021 models with the 2.2 revision?

I am about to buy a Specialized. In the Specialized Homepage for the turbo Levo Its showing the 2.1 Motor. For the Kenevo Comp Its snowing the Version 2.2.
Whats actually the Difference between both of them If I buy them new?!

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
On some other localized Specialized pages you can also see 2.2 Motor for (2021/22) Levos so basically all latest 2021 and 2022 models should have same motor with latest rolling improvements ...

Nightfil

Jun 7, 2021
Germany
On some other localized Specialized pages you can also see 2.2 Motor for (2021/22) Levos so basically all latest 2021 and 2022 models should have same motor with latest rolling improvements ...
Oh you are right.
On the German Site Its showing 2.1 for the turbo Levo.
On the UK Site Its showing 2.2.
So i assume 2.1 Modelyear 21 and 2.2 are really the exact same motors with the same hard and software. Thanks for the hint!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles