Warranty claims.

Cabby.

Apr 17, 2020
Scotland
Anyone know what happens if you have a warranty claim with Canyon ?

I've bought from them before but not an ebike and makes me wonder how do they deal with motor of battery issues under warranty ?

Apps28

Sep 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Anyone know what happens if you have a warranty claim with Canyon ?

I've bought from them before but not an ebike and makes me wonder how do they deal with motor of battery issues under warranty ?

Ok, so I’ve had an Exceed CF frame replaced under warranty, a dropped replaced under warranty and chain stays of a spectral AL replaced under warranty...

The Exceed had a very thin line appear at the joint of top tube and seat post not long after I bought it. As it was my first carbon frame, I wasn’t sure if it wasn‘t a scratch at first. Eventually I emailed some images to canyon who then recalled the complete bike to canyon UK for inspection.
They then sent a report to Canyon HQ in Koblenz... They then recalled the frame for further inspection and x-ray.
Once they had established that it was a manufacturing fault and not misuse, they stripped the frame of components, replaced and re-built FOC.
The whole process took about six weeks which was a pain And actually lead me to buy a spectral whilst waiting.

KS Dropper failed within a few months, Canyon told me to return for inspection etc. Instead I took it to local authorised KS dealer who simply replaced it within three days.

Spectral developed a squeak which I spent weeks and weeks trying to locate only to find a crack in chain stay. Expecting another six week turn around I contacted canyon uk. I had also found reports of other issues with chain stays on different forums, so guess it was a fault that canyon were aware of. I only sent pictures and order number etc and Canyon sent out replacement within a week. They also offered £50 towards cost of LBS labour charge but I did it myself- straight forward.

Not sure how that compares to other manufacturers... the bikes are great, the Canyon buying experience not so, mainly due to time scales. Although they have given me a few freebies as goodwill gesture and I didn’t have to ask for them.

Cant be all bad because I’m seriously considering a Spectral-on, just waiting to see what motor they replace the e8000 with.

Jonnymac

Feb 21, 2019
Inverclyde
I've used the UK service centre and had my Spectral:ON motor and frame linkage replaced under warranty. Usually they require full bike back for motor warranty. Only exception to having to send full bike back may be if you can prove to them motor is the faulty component in the system by fitting a working donor motor from a friends bike or from local bike shop and filming the results. I know of one person who has manged this. Overall I have found the service back up to be supportive so long as you engage with the courteously and give full details of the issues including photos and videos to back it up. The UK office seem keen to help (most of the time) but I think can be let down by slow support from German HQ and Madison.

Mooncat

Aug 10, 2020
UK
My Spectral-on is currently sat at my local Shimano Service Centre and the motor has been sent off for replacement after they confirmed it was faulty. I did this whilst keeping Canyon UK informed (raised a case with them) and what the likely costs will be and it looks like any costs for checking the bike and replacing the motor will be covered. I don't think you could ask for any more than that. The other option was to box the bike up and send it to Canyon UK, but the service centre is only about 30 mins from me so this is much more convenient.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles