Warranties on used bikes/motors

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I'm looking at a couple used bikes. One with a shimano motor(commencal) and one with a brose(kenevo). If they bikes are this years, does the 2 year motor warrantee remain in place if I buy it?

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
To be certain it would be best to ask Spesh and Commencal directly.

Good point. Looks like the meta power sold. This years bike with hope brakes , pedals and spank rims , little use for 4600cad. Figured itd be gone pretty quick

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Sold my too large 2018 levo carbon comp to a friend in October 2019, and bought a smaller size for myself, and he got the two-year warranty from the date of sale. He actually broke the motor shortly afterwards, being a very big strong guy (240 pounds and nationally ranked athlete in college) and powering through a sudden bowl in the trail where he lost his pedaling rhythm and then jammed into it again. LBS had his motor replaced and back up and running within five days.

This relatively new specialized policy applies to all specialized bikes sold after mid 2018. Should be good for you as well.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Sold my too large 2018 levo carbon comp to a friend in October 2019, and bought a smaller size for myself, and he got the two-year warranty from the date of sale. He actually broke the motor shortly afterwards, being a very big strong guy (240 pounds and nationally ranked athlete in college) and powering through a sudden bowl in the trail where he lost his pedaling rhythm and then jammed into it again. LBS had his motor replaced and back up and running within five days.

This relatively new specialized policy applies to all specialized bikes sold after mid 2018. Should be good for you as well.
That's great. Thanks. I thought I had heard that. I thought I'd confirm it after I saw the deal on the meta power. Its sold but confirming it will help me not get cold feet on snapping up a deal
A bit of urgency as the resort just opened as a bike park this weekend and season pass is only $169 cad. One 5600 ft vertical jump trail with a few other options closer to the bottom. Need the eeb to climb the final 1500ft at the top of the gondi

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
That's great. Thanks. I thought I had heard that. I thought I'd confirm it after I saw the deal on the meta power. Its sold but confirming it will help me not get cold feet on snapping up a deal
A bit of urgency as the resort just opened as a bike park this weekend and season pass is only $169 cad. One 5600 ft vertical jump trail with a few other options closer to the bottom. Need the eeb to climb the final 1500ft at the top of the gondi
Oh yeah! I would definitely enjoy an E bike for climbing that 1500 feet! I was a pretty good mountain bike racer back in the day routinely finishing in the top five in expert in class in my age group but now that I am older I can't believe how much more fun it is to blast up the down hills in trail or boost rather than suffering. Have fun brother.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Oh yeah! I would definitely enjoy an E bike for climbing that 1500 feet! I was a pretty good mountain bike racer back in the day routinely finishing in the top five in expert in class in my age group but now that I am older I can't believe how much more fun it is to blast up the down hills in trail or boost rather than suffering. Have fun brother.
Thanks Jeff. I'd like to do a few laps a day but I cant see climbing more than a couple laps a day on an acoustic bike every day, and a few options empty below the base so have to climb a few hundred ft vertical back to gondi base. 3 lap average would be nice

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles