Wanted Giant EnergyPak Smart Charger

Peter-see-av

Apr 4, 2018
North West Peak District
No Offence taken.... I will have hopefully tomorrow once the bike is returned from Giant, it’s only been there for 5 weeks! They have tested as it had battery charging problems, they have now concluded that it is the charger that is at fault, they don’t have any in stock in the UK.... So prey tell why do you ask and think I may be offended?

Macone

E*POWAH Master
Oct 28, 2018
Wellington New Zealand
No Offence taken.... I will have hopefully tomorrow once the bike is returned from Giant, it’s only been there for 5 weeks! They have tested as it had battery charging problems, they have now concluded that it is the charger that is at fault, they don’t have any in stock in the UK.... So prey tell why do you ask and think I may be offended?
Hi Pete, again, I mean no offense, but it is becoming more common for these bikes to be stolen and in most cases the stolen bikes are of course missing a charger. I'm definitely not accusing you but feel that for our own safety as a community, transparency is a good thing and may avoid some people ignoring your request due to "doubts". Cheers, Mac

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

Peter-see-av

Apr 4, 2018
North West Peak District
This place has one in Germany. I think it's the slow charger version - 4A, rather than the 6A you want.

Giant Ladegerät Fast Charger (4A) - für E-Bikes ab 2017

They deliver within the EU but also charge a surcharge for "dangerous goods" shipment.

This one from France, is cheaper, with free delivery in France but doesn't say about delivery in the EU.

Chargeur batterie Giant depuis 2017 (3 pin) - veloseine.fr

All the 6A Smart chargers look like a three week delay on stock.

Thank you for letting me know, the bike a Liv Embolden E1+ (my girlfriends) has just been returned from Giant via Tredz where it was supplied, it has a very interesting report from their technical people saying that the battery (which we thought was the original fault) had been "overcharged" by the charger and the battery had locked itself out to protect it. Thankfully the battery is now cured, however Giant recommend buying a new charger for which we have been re-reimbursed £120.00 as they don't have stock of them.... Hence my search for a replacement, the links you have kindly sent appear to be for a different charger. Regards Pete

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles