Wanna be ebike owner Bay Area, California

Srade3

Jun 12, 2019
Santa Cruz, CA
Hi, What good full suspension ebikes are recommended and available in the Santa Cruz/San Jose, California area? Most people I know are getting a Specialized Levio and I`vee seen a Trek Powerfly, but there doesn't seem to be much else around. Am I missing something.

I am a little old lady who has been an ok road biker and want to get on the trails without over taxing myself,

Motoride

Jun 15, 2019
San Jose California
I went on a demo ride with current bikes in Santa Cruz and was blown away riding the sweet pivot shuttle. They had a special promotion and 0 % for 12 months. It was an easy decision as that bike rocks and Mike at current shop was extremely knowledgeable and no pressure.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
want to get on the trails without over taxing myself,
It is possible to over do it even on the ebike. I went on an overly ambitious tour of steep rocky fire roads in marin and at hour 3 things got a little strained, fortunately there was enough battery left to turn up the assist. So depending on finances and projected use the larger battery in some models is a consideration

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
Wheel Away cyle center in Campbell has a good selection of Specialized Levo’s
Current e-bikes in Santa Cruz is an e bike specialty store I also recommend

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
Btw. I own a 2019 Levo Comp Carbon and love it, purchases at Wheel Away
My wife bought a 2018 Focus JAM 2 Plus at Current E-bikes last fall at a great price.

WLEBay

Sep 18, 2019
San Francisco, CA
Srade
Be sure to join norcal emtb groups on Facebook. Great bunch of people and group rides every Sunday.

I don't have a FaceBook account but would love to meet up. Who is the admin of the FaceBook group? Will send them a PM and connect. Just bought a 2019 Turbo Levo S-Works.

Galaxyride

Sep 29, 2019
Napa, Ca
Hi, What good full suspension ebikes are recommended and available in the Santa Cruz/San Jose, California area? Most people I know are getting a Specialized Levio and I`vee seen a Trek Powerfly, but there doesn't seem to be much else around. Am I missing something.

I am a little old lady who has been an ok road biker and want to get on the trails without over taxing myself,

I got my Raleigh Kodiak “used” from bicyclebluebook in San Jose, they have quite an impressive stock of bicycles and a few Ebikes! Also check Motostrano in S.F. where we got my wife’s Cube.

Motoride

Jun 15, 2019
San Jose California
Current bikes in Santa Cruz has the Pivot Shuttle and others. Went on a shuttle demo ride and was very very impressed. The 0 down, 0 interest for 12 months made it an easy decision. All of the components are top notch and ride more than I ever had.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles