Walk Mode?

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
On my e8000 it's the decrease power mode button from off. I think you have to hold it for a second or two and then hold it to get power

Lowrance

Sep 23, 2020
So Cal
On my e8000 it's the decrease power mode button from off. I think you have to hold it for a second or two and then hold it to get power

You are a scholar and a gentleman!!

Thank you sir....works like a charm. Funny didn't read that in the manual anywhere.

Cheers

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
This walk mode sucks. The speed and force of the walk is based on what gear you're in and in the low gears it rolls so slow it's useless. So you have to shift up for the walk assist, then back down to carry on pedaling. It's also hard to hold the button down while pushing a 55 pound bike up something you could clean.

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
This walk mode sucks. The speed and force of the walk is based on what gear you're in and in the low gears it rolls so slow it's useless. So you have to shift up for the walk assist, then back down to carry on pedaling. It's also hard to hold the button down while pushing a 55 pound bike up something you could clean.
Agreed. It's almost useless for me. If I need walk mode it's because something is too steep to ride an ebike up, and almost every time at the point where I can't pedal anymore I'm in "eagle" gear. When you try to use it in that gear the bike goes nowhere, and when trying to push up a super steep hill trying to shift through the gears to get more power is far from convenient.

His_Turdness

Nov 12, 2020
Finland
Had to use walk mode today a couple of times and oh boy it came in handy. First couple of times pushing up soft sand and later pushing up really steep, rocky section. It was ok. Easier than carrying the bike for sure. I had no issues with gears, the motor gave me plenty of oomph. Though I do have an unrestricted bike, so that might be affecting my experience from stock.

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
I read something about di2 equipped bikes having the ability to create more speed or torque in walk mode, bit I don't recall the specifics. That's a decent selling point to me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles