W010 Fault Codes

Crust E. Skidmark

Nov 1, 2018
'Merica
Posted in “Motors” but posting here as well.
Anyone have repeated W010 codes? Getting these more and more. 5 faults just this last ride. Bike is 2019 Meta Power 29 Race and is about 5 mos. old with about 800 miles on it.

Crust E. Skidmark

Nov 1, 2018
'Merica
Found a few instances of this online and folks are saying it’s a battery connection issue. Shine up the contacts, dielectric grease and and the issue resolves for a few hundred miles. Could it be this simple? What about maybe reinstalling the firmware for the drive unit?

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Keep an eye on it, as that is the same thing that i went through and eventually the motor stopped working and to cut a long story short, i was given a new motor.

Crust E. Skidmark

Nov 1, 2018
'Merica
Thanks for the reply. Can you give me a summary of your issues and the process for how it was resolved? I'm going to call Commencal today and at least give them a heads up I'm having issues but am going to try the shine and grease remedy in the meantime. The only other issues I have had with the bike was the KS Lev dropper and the DI2 power mode selector switch. That thing was a POS for sure and replaced with a E6000 switch. Much better. Other than that the bike has been dependable and it gets a pretty severe beating at the hands of Mr. Crash and Burn!!

Crust E. Skidmark

Nov 1, 2018
'Merica
Just an update. Took an Emory board to the terminals on the battery mount and the battery and filled the battery terminals with dielectric grease. Did a 15 mile ride this morning and had zero faults. It also appears that the battery range has increased some as well as still had 3 bars showing which is about a bar more than normal. Wishful thinking on the range maybe but it appears to have solved the W010 fault code issue...for now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles