W010 Fault Code

Crust E. Skidmark

Nov 1, 2018
'Merica
Is anyone getting a repeat W010 fault code? Started getting this the other day and now repeatedly on every ride. Just finished an 18 mile ride and had 5 error codes. Motor support just turns off, screen and battery stay on. I have to reboot battery to clear fault and continue riding. This is a motor high temp fault and according to Shimano the remedy is to let it cool then switch back on. BS. It’s 50 degrees out and when I feel the motor it’s cool, not even warm. The faults are occurring in both eco and trail modes which is all I ever use really. This is a 2019 Commencal Meta Power 29 Race. Bike is 5 mos. old and about 800 or so miles on it.

Crust E. Skidmark

Nov 1, 2018
'Merica
Found a few instances of this online and folks are saying it’s a battery connection issue. Shine up the contacts, dielectric grease and and the issue resolves for a few hundred miles. Could it be this simple? What about maybe reinstalling the firmware for the drive unit?

Crust E. Skidmark

Nov 1, 2018
'Merica
Just an update. Took an Emory board to the terminals on the battery mount and the battery and filled the battery terminals with dielectric grease. Did a 15 mile ride this morning and had zero faults. It also appears that the battery range has increased some as well as still had 3 bars showing which is about a bar more than normal. Wishful thinking on the range maybe but it appears to have solved the W010 fault code issue...for now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles