• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Volspeed tuning box for Bosch gen 4

Matthew87

Aug 8, 2019
Sweden
Hi

I've been in contact with a company that sells ebike tuning stuff, and they tell me that they have sold several Volspeed tuning box kits to Bosch gen 4 owners, and that it have worked for all of them. Anyone tried this kit? Could it be true?

/Matt

Aerotec

Feb 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Anyone tried one yet? Also in the market for a Dongle. SB3 seems to be successful but be interesting to know of the Volspeed doesn't need the count down process at the end of a ride?

DonkeyKong

Nov 10, 2019
Sweden
Anyone tried one yet? Also in the market for a Dongle. SB3 seems to be successful but be interesting to know of the Volspeed doesn't need the count down process at the end of a ride?

I've had it for 70km so far and love it.
CX - 19 gen3
Firmware 1.8.4.0

Aerotec

Feb 12, 2020
Edinburgh
No he is on a Gen 3. I am still waiting for some good feedback on Gen 4 CX Tuning. Peartune state they have a number of their dongles working fine on Gen 4 so I am tempted to give that a go.

Jim25

Jan 23, 2020
London
No he is on a Gen 3. I am still waiting for some good feedback on Gen 4 CX Tuning. Peartune state they have a number of their dongles working fine on Gen 4 so I am tempted to give that a go.
Well why bother keep posting about something completely different..!

kntr

Sep 19, 2019
USA
Its hard to find out what works on the Gen 4 for more than 500 miles since its so new.

badkarma

Apr 16, 2020
Manchester, UK
I found this on Youtube from VOLspeed eBike Tuning...

It says here that version 1.0.3.0 is working perfectly with reports of error mildly occurring with 1.0.3.0.

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 20.52.04.png

jobridder

Apr 27, 2020
USA

It says here that version 1.0.3.0 is working perfectly with reports of error mildly occurring with 1.0.3.0.

View attachment 30515
Woow seems this one was posted a couple of days later after I contacted them. Good to know things are running better, I got 1.0.3.0 so might look to buy V3 very soon.
Seems like 1.0.2.0 had more bugs and issues which have been solved on 1.0.3.0 according to manufacturer, thus means more probability V3 will run just fine.

For you mate, maybe take your bike to the dealer to upgrade to 1.0.3.0 so you can also run the V3 sooner and with less stress.
Will keep monitoring but seems like V3 will be ordered sooner than I have expected.. :)

badkarma

Apr 16, 2020
Manchester, UK
Woow seems this one was posted a couple of days later after I contacted them. Good to know things are running better, I got 1.0.3.0 so might look to buy V3 very soon.
Seems like 1.0.2.0 had more bugs and issues which have been solved on 1.0.3.0 according to manufacturer, thus means more probability V3 will run just fine.

For you mate, maybe take your bike to the dealer to upgrade to 1.0.3.0 so you can also run the V3 sooner and with less stress.
Will keep monitoring but seems like V3 will be ordered sooner than I have expected.. :)
I'm itching to get one myself :) with this lockdown not much shops open for a version upgrade, so might wait it out a bit. Do let me know from where you buy it from.

jobridder

Apr 27, 2020
USA
I'm itching to get one myself :) with this lockdown not much shops open for a version upgrade, so might wait it out a bit. Do let me know from where you buy it from.
volspeed dot de . its their shop so considering buying directly from the manufacturer. Any reviews and recommendations maybe?

Finga

May 7, 2020
Uk

View attachment 30515
That was me asking that. Got my v3 sitting here now, really want to put it in, really DONT want to have to pedal the tank for 90 mins unassisted! Will ask them again in a few weeks how theyre getting on with their test bike and wether any customers reported an error on latest fw. Cant believe I was the first to ask! Good of them to write an essay on it though!

NMonkey

Apr 30, 2020
Bedforsdhire
I have a new cx2020 in a Cube Kathmandu... it just needs another 5-7mph.... thinking of the volspeed 3 but so little info out there. Please post if you do fit it.

Finga

May 7, 2020
Uk
I have a new cx2020 in a Cube Kathmandu... it just needs another 5-7mph.... thinking of the volspeed 3 but so little info out there. Please post if you do fit it.
Yeah, Im feeling the same, Im used to my old carbon frame bike and getting about a bit quicker, If the motor topped out at 18mph even then I would be happy with that. Its taking me longer to get to work now! Albeit a lot easier.
Enough people have fitted these chips and not been detected way over 1000km, even on the old firmware. Volspeed also said that nobody with older gen motors with tuning detection fw had contacted them about errors. They must work. May put it in this weekend, if it does error out, I will stick the bike on my repair stand and turn the pedals 15 mins each day and use my old Scott for work ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles