Vitus Mythique CYC X1 Stealth Motor Build

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
Thanks. I was imagining something that was custom fit around the suspension linkage inside the front triangle, not down tube integrated.

I'm still curious if cyc's 430 hr battery would fit on the underside of the down tube in front of the stealth motor

16vdady

Feb 6, 2021
Ramsgate
Thanks. I was imagining something that was custom fit around the suspension linkage inside the front triangle, not down tube integrated.

I'm still curious if cyc's 430 hr battery would fit on the underside of the down tube in front of the stealth motor
They haven’t got the time and man power to come to your house if you get burgled or get your car damaged or stolen.
Never mind take a bike apart to try and figure out what does what.
Not criticising the police but aiming more at the politics and lack of staff / funding.
Great bike build and great to see what is out there than can be built ??

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
You have a far greater optimism regarding the knowledge, intelligence and ability of our police force than I.
Well, may be that’s the situation where You live. In Germany the risk is severe, and it is considered a crime if You run an illegal powered vehicle with no registration and insurance in public area. Ask the guys that have been caught, thinking it is a yoke and nobody cares.

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Legal M500 (or M600) below 2500 USD (incl shipping and taxes).

Great build and loads of value for money there! (y)

I am curious about the legal aspect in DIY builds like these. I am not criticizing, but even if you tweak the motor through the app to 250W, is it still legal? The motor is still a 1500W motor. And the voltage limit for e-bikes is 48V according to EN15194. Can the voltage be higher for DIY builds?

Engine need to have "rated" power as 250W and this can manufacturer declare. If its higher then cannot be categorized as bicycle/pedelec.

So if you take 1500W rated engine and cut a power of it to 250W then its still 1500W rated engine and no one will ask its cut to 250W or not. its engine not for bicycle/pedelec.
All of these apps what are limiting power have no matter here because its still 1500W rated engine.
I am slightly curious how it could be categorized in court when you cut to 250W, but in my opinion, it will change nothing because we're talking about 'rated' power not 'peak' power. @ornias maybe advise somethin here.

here you may find useful info about regulations

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Engine need to have "rated" power as 250W and this can manufacturer declare. If its higher then cannot be categorized as bicycle/pedelec.
So if you take 1500W rated engine and cut a power of it to 250W then its still 1500W rated engine and no one will ask its cut to 250W or not. its engine not for bicycle/pedelec.
TQ 120 in the Haibike FLYON is the same motor as their 920watt motor, just software limited. I spoke with their engineer and its the same hardware. So theoretically, if I had that TQ app or software, I guess I could do the exact same?

Screenshot 2021-09-07 at 18.24.16.png

Also, my motor has this 250w rating on it:

IMG_5899.jpg

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
If that is 'rated 250W' and some manufacturer claims that then should be OK i think. The peak power have no matter - important in case of 'rated' power is fact if manufacturer is claiming its 250W. I mean not by having a sticker - but as a builder of your bike i think in 'worst case scenario' you will need to be able to deliver some proof its 250W - for example declaration of manufacturer.

In overall its interesting but i would focus on legality for not having troubles - that is why i personally picked M500.

btw, its manufacturer label? have a typo :|

Last edited:

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
If that is 'rated 250W' and some manufacturer claims that then should be OK i think. The peak power have no matter - important in case of 'rated' power is fact if manufacturer is claiming its 250W. I mean not by having a sticker - but as a builder of your bike i think in 'worst case scenario' you will need to be able to deliver some proof its 250W - for example declaration of manufacturer.

In overall its interesting but i would focus on legality for not having troubles - that is why i personally picked M500.

btw, its manufacturer label? havea typo :|
Street Verison ?
This shows how serious this sticker is…

hamncheez

Mar 9, 2021
USA
On their website, CYC claim "Total weight with crankset & BB: 4.5kg".

Does anyone know what the total weight, with crankset and BB, the Bafang m600 is? I'm building my own frame, and was planning on using both an m500 and m600, but heck this might be a better solution.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Nice one - I would be nervous mounting the 3kg plus battery on the water bottle mounts though o_O.

Do you think it would work with a gates belt drive, I might have just the donor bike!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Nice one - I would be nervous mounting the 3kg plus battery on the water bottle mounts though o_O.
I had the same thought when watching the video. It's a pretty hefty battery for not many Wh, what's the range like?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I had the same thought when watching the video. It's a pretty hefty battery for not many Wh, what's the range like?
The range is actually not too bad. I’ve not done a full range test yet though.

I’ve been constantly checking the battery mounts for movement / play and seems ok so far. They also supply some straps for extra security in the box too.

Mar

Apr 10, 2021
Croatia
Fantastic product IMO.
Rob, how's the feeling compared to integrated motors such as Brose and Bosch?
Is it jerky/unrefined or can it be completely customized.

I have high end Giant Trance Advanced 29 which is a fantastic bike but lately I've been planning to buy an ebike just so I can ride more in less time and prices are completely ridiculous and I won't pay that. On the other hand I don't want to sell my Trance and this should fit in perfectly because I could make it into an Ebike and back to regular bike for races and other times when I don't need an ebike.
I don't care about the legality of it as it doesn't really matter here and I'm only trying to determine which battery would be perfect for the Trance (XL) and would preferably get something I could mount on the lower part of the down tube to keep the bottle holder available.

ornias

Jul 22, 2021
Netherlands

btw, its manufacturer label? have a typo :|
Time for me to chime in with all my prior research...
If Haibike CE certifies it (and not just by a sticker on the frame), they are legally on the hook for their fraud (which is precisely what they are doing).

However: There is one way they could be doing this legally:
By limiting peak power output to 250W in firmware as well. While the actual rated power of the motor would be higher, it would be technically impossible to reach a thermal equilibrium at a higher wattage during testing.

This would mean the bike has about 50% of the power output of the m500 and 30% of a bosch. So I doubt that's a good choice.

Hence I suspect they are just committing cheap-old chinese fraud.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles