Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Invisifrrame now have the Vitus E Sommet VR 2019 on their store however looks like the only size available is Medium.

For the other sizes they need to get their hands on a bike in that size. They offered me a significant discount to take in a size Large as they don't have a template for it .. essentially they would fit it for free give or take a few quid and they get sales from the template so a fair deal if you ask me.

So for anyone who lives near to Shrewsbury with bike sizes they don't have there is the option of a full free pro fit (apply to any bike really I suppose). Photos on the site of the Medium they installed it on.
I’m Interested in this stuff but it looks paper thin and surely a rock would still pierce straight through it?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Its like the film they put on supercars, it stops scratches and chips from gravel etc thrown up when you ride, or if you rest your bike against something. I like a few trail scars so have never bothered.

andyb90

Dec 19, 2018
Marchwiel
The medium was my bike :), managed to drop it off on the way down "south" for work, and then pick it back up on the way home, can't fault the stuff at all :D

Have never been bothered about it before, but after one night right the light cable was starting to dull the paint already, so thought i'll go for it

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
The medium was my bike :), managed to drop it off on the way down "south" for work, and then pick it back up on the way home, can't fault the stuff at all :D

Have never been bothered about it before, but after one night right the light cable was starting to dull the paint already, so thought i'll go for it
Did they fit it then? It Looks pretty fiddly to apply if you’ve never done it before

E-Glen

Jan 10, 2019
Bath, uk
Good People,
Which motor switch is supplied as standard on the 2019 e-Sommet VR?
(The e-bay pic looks like an sw-e7000... which would be great!!)

e-Tommy

Jan 18, 2019
edinburgh
Pulled the trigger on an XL e-sommet on Tuesday, hopefully being delivered next Friday. Unfortunately, I didn't suss out the Wiggle discount scheme until after I'd ordered it. Ah well, it's still great value at full price, and think I would have missed out if I'd have waited for my points to be applied - showing as out of stock in XL now.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yes it the e7000

Oddly that EBAY add has better pics than any other website!

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-3.jpg

s-l1600-4.jpg

s-l1600-5.jpg

s-l1600-6.jpg

s-l1600-7.jpg

s-l1600-8.jpg

s-l1600-9.jpg

s-l1600-10.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

E-Glen

Jan 10, 2019
Bath, uk
Yes it the e7000

Oddly that EBAY add has better pics than any other website!
Excellent news about the e7000!
And yes, really weird that the best shots are on their seconds site?!
Why would they want to hide that the 2019 model fixes the biggest complaint (the motor control).
Can't wait till mine turns up on Wednesday :)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Why would they want to hide that the 2019 model fixes the biggest complaint (the motor control).
I honstly don't get this.
The e8000 controller is far more positive to use and fitted perfectly alongside my dropper lever.
I switched to e7000 because the e8000 is too vulnerable in crashes (bent the levers on mine a few times and cracked the casing, replaced with a new e8000)
I've had the e7000 a month and still prefer the e8000 to it.
Unlike most riders I change mode while riding technical terrain (Up, flat & down) and the e8000 paddles are just more positive in action and much easier to use/differentiate between when your concentration is on the terrain and your HR is redlining.

an e7000 component in a e8000 system is a cost saving downgrade whether or not you prefer it.
Although. I'm not sure how you'd possibly know not owning either.

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
I'd recommend the invisiframe its really good actually. Had it on my CC Santa Cruz and its dealt with plenty of stone strikes etc and a few grazes to the film but nothing gone through.. replaced a strip after an off at Antur Stiniog and no frame damage just scuffed film. For a Carbon Bike i'd definitely fit invisiframe without a seconds tought.. obviously the protection only goes so far.

As for character .. well I agree but I think it pays for itself if you want to sell on the bike at some point. The odd scuff and mark people expect but that plus lots of minor stuff.. well it adds up imo.

For interest there are a few good photos on the Invisiframe site of AndyB90's bike of areas you cant normally see so worth a look.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
I'd recommend the invisiframe its really good actually. Had it on my CC Santa Cruz and its dealt with plenty of stone strikes etc and a few grazes to the film but nothing gone through.. replaced a strip after an off at Antur Stiniog and no frame damage just scuffed film. For a Carbon Bike i'd definitely fit invisiframe without a seconds tought.. obviously the protection only goes so far.

As for character .. well I agree but I think it pays for itself if you want to sell on the bike at some point. The odd scuff and mark people expect but that plus lots of minor stuff.. well it adds up imo.

For interest there are a few good photos on the Invisiframe site of AndyB90's bike of areas you cant normally see so worth a look.
Do they do fitting as well? It’s defo a good idea as I’m a little OCD about keeping stuff pristine as long as poss, but life is too short to be faffing with little bits of sticky plastic.

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
Do they do fitting as well? It’s defo a good idea as I’m a little OCD about keeping stuff pristine as long as poss, but life is too short to be faffing with little bits of sticky plastic.

If its a size/bike they have not got a template for they fit it for about £5 -£20 + the price of the kit £75. Just drop them an email and they respond with an offer...

Fitting with a premade kit is ~£80-£100 (+75 for the kit) at most LBS that do fitting.. but if Invisiframe staff do it your guaranteed the best job possible id say.

Last time I got my LBS to fit it to my bike when I bought it from them.. it takes a long time if your not well practiced so for me although I could have done it I couldn't be bothered and the shop done a better job than I could have.

E-SOMMET ALUMINIUM 2019

126 registered fitters in the UK
Fitter - Invisiframe

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
If its a size/bike they have not got a template for they fit it for about £5 -£20 + the price of the kit £75. Just drop them an email and they respond with an offer...

Fitting with a premade kit is ~£80-£100 (+75 for the kit) at most LBS that do fitting.. but if Invisiframe staff do it your guaranteed the best job possible id say.

Last time I got my LBS to fit it to my bike when I bought it from them.. it takes a long time if your not well practiced so for me although I could have done it I couldn't be bothered and the shop done a better job than I could have.

E-SOMMET ALUMINIUM 2019

126 registered fitters in the UK
Fitter - Invisiframe
Thanks for that, looks like one of their fitters are 20 mins away, may go for that then (y)

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
Freeborn Bikes have got Tyreinvader Tyre inserts on sale. Going to stick one in the back of the E-Sommet as they are a fairly hefty bike and I've killed rims before on much lighter bikes.

Only the narrow sizes are really cheap but a nice discount on the TyreInvader 55 x2 (Rim ext 27-35mm Tyres 2.25-2.6). So £32+ Postage. Look like a good design as I've never liked the ones that fill too much tyre space.. significantly cheaper also especially with the discount.

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
Thanks for that, looks like one of their fitters are 20 mins away, may go for that then (y)

Yeah if you've got a medium frame they can supply and your local fitter apply it... they should do a much better job and save you the hassle.

For those wondering about Warranty. According to Vitus it's: 5 years for the frame and 2 years for the components (Obviously that's referring to things like the battery/motor not the consumables).

Last edited:

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
As for warranty, I've just this week noticed play in my seatpost and let wiggle know.
So they're sending a new one out foc.
There's lbs's around here that wouldn't do that...

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
It's a heavy bike so never lift the bike by the saddle especially with it lowered (well even on light bikes but doubly so with heavy ones).

A little play is normal even on much more expensive droppers but FME the Fox Transfer has been my most reliable but they are damn expensive. When my replacement ESommet turns up i'm going to replace the dropper lever purely as I've got a spare Wolftooth (the one on it was fine actually but I like the Wolftooth action personally). Dropper seemed ok to me, no as positive an action as the transfer but hey I was pretty impressed and much better than I was expecting so gonna keep it on to test for a bit.

I'm going to bin the shifter it felt really poor and don't think I could live with it.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Got to say the Brand X has outshone my Fox Factory Transfer - the transfer has been niggly since day one, but the brand X has taken a pounding, and the action and control of the action when teamed with a one up remote is the best I have experienced, and I have reverbs with the 1X lever, Fox transfers, One Up dropper and a couple of others.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The issue with my transfer is that if I sit on it at a point that isn't fully extended for more than 30 secs, then try and raise it, it won't go up, unless I put it fully down again. Works fine when no weight on it, but not during a ride

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
When my replacement ESommet turns up i'm going to replace the dropper lever purely as I've got a spare Wolftooth (the one on it was fine actually but I like the Wolftooth action personally).
If you don't have another use for it PM me and I'll buy it off you. I really like the new version.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles