Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Anyone found a good way to clean crap out of the area where the cables route above the bottom bracket? Tia
Motofoamed under mine and added a mud guard above. (slither of thin black readymeal packing plastic gaffer taped in position.
I've posted pics of it in here somewhere

DON'T blast shit out of it with water, there's an open section straight into the connector bay underneath the cable nest that can fill with water/mud/debris.
mine's... you guessed it... motofoamed ;)

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
I struggled getting the correct bottom hs bearing and measured them as well.

My main problem was measuring the angles correctly. I think the correct bottom bearing is the FSA ACB TH-073E which has contact angles of 36x45 as against the Nukeproof item (see Gary's post above) which has contact angles 45x45.

Big difference in price too. I used the ACB TH-073E and they seemed correct but tbh I'm still not sure which is correct. :(

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
@Cisco
The Nukeproof lower bearing I'm using is definitely this one:
SB-B - 40mm - 2015 Onwards: 51.8 x 45 x 45

i just checked (your post created doubt in my mind ;) ) The Nukeproof Headset Crown race does have a 45deg interface. Sticking a 36deg inner bearing (of otherwise correct dimensions) in like you and Dave have will still work but the bearing won't be seated properly on the race.

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
This has confused me a little I'm sorry. I'm unsure of the size I need to select, also looking todo top and bottom bearing of the headset.
If the top headset cap says Nukeproof on it then the bearings posted up by Garry are the ones you want. Top one there is no choice bottom one will be the 45x45 contact faces.

If the cap says FSA then the bearings you want are the ones posted by Davo.

Hope this is clear :)

ATB Frank

gtaadicto

Jan 26, 2019
Leon,Spain
After 3500 km I got the dreaded W011 error... I had a mini heart attack.
It turns out that I lost the magnet that goes inside the cylinder on the spoke.

I strapped a magnet with electrical tape and it is working again :)

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
Stock one is ok and fairly cheap, I have also used one of these
Vitus E-Sommet 2018-19
Little bit more coverage but expensive.
I now have a modified one of these
Can the e-sommet motor guard be purchased? - EMTB Forums
20200130_115906.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
they are nicely made and came with all bolts etc but it did take a bit of buggering about with...

I think it looks much better without the cable ties
thanks.
Yeah defo looks better without cable ties.
Did you cut some of the front length off it as well?

Mass

Jun 7, 2020
Henley-on-Thames, UK
Guys, first time on here - hello!

Had my E-Sommet 2019 just over a year now and it's great (as you all know!)

Problem - my freehub is knackered but finding it difficult to find a replacement. The current one is a Novatec so I think I need find an exact replacement or it's a whole new hub.

Does anyone know the exact freehub I need and where to get one? I have searched.....

Or failing that what are my options - whole new hub? (another Novatec or something else?)

Or whole new wheel?!!

Cheers

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
Rear fender is a front RRP max guard,need to do some more rides with the 29er front wheel before I can really say weather it's better or not (only done one ride, I mainly ride unassisted bikes)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles