RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
Hmmm, CRC said a coil wouldnt fit due to how the shock is mounted inside the seat tube. That would be pretty awesome!

Yeah it doesn't fit normally but removing the shock guard seems to give the room... so I suppose CRC can't say it's fine as your removing the shock guard to fit it.

Was wondering who the really fast time was on my local decent was and it must be him, I ride it frequently and he's still got 14 seconds on me.. doesn't sound like much but that's a lifetime.

Burnsie

Mar 14, 2019
Crockham Hill
Well e sommet owners, I gave up on wiggle got a refund and got a 2019 2nd hand kenevo expert with 140 kms on motor for £3500, I know the e sommet has better ratings but it was mint I sat on it had a ride and it felt right, only time will tell, lol it’s still has the warranty which is transferable with Specialized, thanks for all your advice, see you on the trails!!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yeah it doesn't fit normally but removing the shock guard seems to give the room... so I suppose CRC can't say it's fine as your removing the shock guard to fit it.

Was wondering who the really fast time was on my local decent was and it must be him, I ride it frequently and he's still got 14 seconds on me.. doesn't sound like much but that's a lifetime.

I spoke with Vitus about coil shocks last year and they said firstly that one wouldn't fit due to the frame design, and that secondly the kinematics of the suspension would not work well with a coil shock, due to lack of progression. I was looking at the Super Deluxe Coil which you can get in the right fitment. Heres what they said about frame clearance:

Unfortunately due to the linkage design of this frame you are not able to use a Coil shock system due to clearance issues.

Think I will get back in contact with them!

Recently I had looked at the MRP Hazard which has a "progressive" spring option, thinking this may be worth looking at.

Last edited:

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Well e sommet owners, I gave up on wiggle got a refund and got a 2019 2nd hand kenevo expert with 140 kms on motor for £3500, I know the e sommet has better ratings but it was mint I sat on it had a ride and it felt right, only time will tell, lol it’s still has the warranty which is transferable with Specialized, thanks for all your advice, see you on the trails!!

Well as long as it fits you (I found L too small and XL too big) then its a very good bike, especially de-restricted (which is easy to do). I would look at different coils (or even shocks) if was to keep mine, and also I'd have put a Triple Clamp fork on it as the bike is seriously under-forked.

Burnsie

Mar 14, 2019
Crockham Hill
Well as long as it fits you (I found L too small and XL too big) then its a very good bike, especially de-restricted (which is easy to do). I would look at different coils (or even shocks) if was to keep mine, and also I'd have put a Triple Clamp fork on it as the bike is seriously under-forked.
It’s perfect mate, yep downloaded the Blevo app which lets you up the modes massively if any problems you can reset to factory settings before taking back to a shop, I thought the lyrick was good got it at 135psi but I’m 115kg, previous owner has just put hope 35ews with hope hubs and a renthal stem. So heavy duty rims.
Cheers Burnsie

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
I’ve got a spare 2018 vitus E-sommet Frame in size Small surplus to requirements. No motor or battery though.

Might suit someone who bought a medium and wished they got a small, or someone with a damaged frame who needs a replacement part.

If you want the whole thing or just a part off it, please make me an offer.

F-GODZ

Nov 30, 2018
United Kingdom
Happy new, New Bike Day to me :cool:

Replacement bike arrived and has thankfully survived courier roulette this time (first was refused due to damage).

Game on.....(once I've rerouted the brake line from around the back of the fork crown!:cautious:)

smokey_jo

Patreon
Jun 28, 2018
Uk
I’ve got a spare 2018 vitus E-sommet Frame in size Small surplus to requirements. No motor or battery though.

Might suit someone who bought a medium and wished they got a small, or someone with a damaged frame who needs a replacement part.

Does it include a shock too?

smokey_jo

Patreon
Jun 28, 2018
Uk
Actually thinking about it shock wouldn't be needed, what would you be expecting for the frame without shock roughly?

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Actually thinking about it shock wouldn't be needed, what would you be expecting for the frame without shock roughly?

No idea. Hence why I said make an offer.
Its brand new but with minor marks (few scratches on the stays from being stored in the CRC workshops, but no big paint chips like you see on the damaged in transit ones)
If you send me your email or mobile number I’ll send you photos.

Its basicly all the orange frame, axle, battery port with keys. Im keen to keep the mech hanger and speed sensor but if thats a deal breaker then it can be included.

Burnsie

Mar 14, 2019
Crockham Hill

Lol was that the one on eBay?

Dan31

Mar 16, 2019
Madrid
Our bike arrived yesterday!!!
Mint condition, perfectly wrapped up and packed.
Will post some photos later. Got some invisiframe to protect it.
Expensive but worth it imo

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Mine arrived back from it's bi-yearly 5 week holiday to CRC today (in a wiggle box)
FUCKED!
Frame damaged
Parts broken (mine) :cry:
(New replacement) motor badly fitted
trapped gear cable
battery rattling

Not happy is an understatement

Last edited:

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Mine arrived back from it's bi-yearly 5 week holiday to CRC today (in a wiggle box)
FUCKED!
Frame damaged
Parts broken (mine)
motor badly fitted
trapped gear cable
battery rattling

Not happy is an understatement

That is really shit... I would fight for a full refund for the full bike

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
That is really shit... I would fight for a full refund for the full bike
Who you gonna fight though?
CRC's automated Email response? ;)

About £900 of the parts on the bike are mine so i'm not sure how that'd even work.

I love the bike.
If I were to replace it I'd replace it with the exact same bike.

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Who you gonna fight though?
CRC's automated Email response? ;)

About £900 of the parts on the bike are mine so i'm not sure how that'd even work.

I love the bike.
If I were to replace it I'd replace it with the exact same bike.

Yea nightmare. I way prefer the esommet over the kenevo, but these sort of horror stories are making me consider returning the sommet under the 30 day test ride and keep the kenevo...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
What concerns me is that this seems to be a recent thing - over the last year, up until 2019 deliveries we have had no issues with deliveries, yet over the last few months we have seen several reports of problems with packaging of the bikes. - have they changed their delivery company?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah. Zero issues when I went through this exact same scenario 6 months back

Parcel force today
tuffnells last time

TBF Tuffnells were dicks and threw the box into their Luton right infront of me and the PF guy today was careful..

Just gotta wait until someone from CRC contacts me (hopefully tomorrow).
there's slightly more to this. but I'd rather not post all my laundry

Vitus (sort of) = CRC anyway.

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
What concerns me is that this seems to be a recent thing - over the last year, up until 2019 deliveries we have had no issues with deliveries, yet over the last few months we have seen several reports of problems with packaging of the bikes. - have they changed their delivery company?

Mine, delivered about 2 weeks ago, was by tuffnells. I had no damage

Burnsie

Mar 14, 2019
Crockham Hill
Yea nightmare. I way prefer the esommet over the kenevo, but these sort of horror stories are making me consider returning the sommet under the 30 day test ride and keep the kenevo...

That’s the way I went in the end, bike went on a 5 day trip in back off a lorry turned up fucked, got a full refund from wiggle, went for a mint 2019 kenevo expert for £3500, took it to Berkshire Bikes who fitted a heavier spring, derestriicted, put new pads in and did a few other bits and said any problems bring it back here, even though the first owner bought it from leisure lakes, the owner Chris even gave me his mobile no. If any problems and it’s a while you wait service there, next bike I buy will be from them!!

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
That’s the way I went in the end, bike went on a 5 day trip in back off a lorry turned up fucked, got a full refund from wiggle, went for a mint 2019 kenevo expert for £3500, took it to Berkshire Bikes who fitted a heavier spring, derestriicted, put new pads in and did a few other bits and said any problems bring it back here, even though the first owner bought it from leisure lakes, the owner Chris even gave me his mobile no. If any problems and it’s a while you wait service there, next bike I buy will be from them!!

Yea I got mine from Chris too, exceptional reputation. YT’s ebike is about to drop too so that could really throw a spanner in the works!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles