Stanley

Jan 15, 2019
Stockport
I posted earlier in the thread about this; I was surprised there was no comment made...

Mine had a minor scratch on the headtube. I wasn't much bothered about this, and would have happily kept the bike, but thought I'd see if Wiggle would offer to do anything. I thought I might get offered a few pounds in vouchers.
I sent them a really kindly worded email. They replied very quickly and offered me a £300.00 voucher

I've since bought two Escarpe 29ers (first one was too small)... Both arrived in perfect condition.

Dan31

Mar 16, 2019
Madrid
I posted earlier in the thread about this; I was surprised there was no comment made...

Mine had a minor scratch on the headtube. I wasn't much bothered about this, and would have happily kept the bike, but thought I'd see if Wiggle would offer to do anything. I thought I might get offered a few pounds in vouchers.
I sent them a really kindly worded email. They replied very quickly and offered me a £300.00 voucher

I've since bought two Escarpe 29ers (first one was too small)... Both arrived in perfect condition.
Wow that' s a really good offer!
I would have accepted as well.
Did you take a photo of the damaged area?

If they were smarter they should note that it's better to offer 300 quids, money that is going to be spent in their webshop after all, than losing 700 by eBay...

Last edited:

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
Does anyone know the dimensions of the torx bolts that fix the motor to the frame? What torx wrench size do I need?

40 Fits ok but feels a little loose and its the largest I had to hand, I can't find my full socket set to check but it's possibly a 45?, the brakes are standard 25 found on most multitools.

As Torx is becoming more common on bikes so no harm in getting a set up to T50.

As for damaged bikes... well ultimately you can refuse delivery and I've heard numerous horror stories about Canyon. One friend had no issues with Canyon the other eventually gave up though the canyon E-Box is pretty impressive but delivery companies like small children can break anything.

Overall I'd say buying direct and being handy with the spanners (well Torx now) is probably a good idea. Personally if you don't have the experience, knowledge or time to invest to get the knowledge then perhaps direct sales isn't the best option.

The handling on the DH is really impressive, the weight, travel and great suspension really stands out in rough stuff at speed. Stable, loads of grip.. very confidence inspiring and the 170 mm travel is very welcome on this bike IMO as it encourages more challenging lines :)

Dan31

Mar 16, 2019
Madrid
My E-sommet finally arrived!!! In mint condition, no scratches at all!!! Will post some photos later

But the charger arrived with the UK socket... I thought it would come with the European socket

Happy to see you got it undamaged!!!!
Our Esommet is still on it's way.
I'm also based in Spain, Madrid zone.
I guess ours will come with UK plug too, so thks for posting it.

gtaadicto

Jan 26, 2019
Leon,Spain
The packaging was quite good
20190318_165114.jpg

20190318_172219.jpg

20190318_172225.jpg

20190318_173126.jpg

Replaced the stem with a 40mm one and the dropper with a Bikeyoke Revive 160mm. I didn't have to drop the motor but I had to pull the dropper outer cable very hard.

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
Looks like they are learning as they are now wrapping the bars and controls I had to explicitly ask for the bars wrapped on my second bike which arrived in perfect condition. Both mine were shipped with the front wheel installed so assume they had a spacer in the fork? either way it made it through ok.

The tyres are very sturdy but I've installed a Tyreinvader insert in the rear but seeing as I've settled on relatively high tyre pressures of 30PSI it would probably be ok without TBH.

Sure your already aware but it's best to set the battery mount via thte clamp correctly and ensure its a solid fit to save yourself trail side work (Good idea to Loctite these Battery clamp bolts while your at it IMO). There should be no vertical movement if you try and slide the battery up/down, mine was loose but i'd have set it up myself anyway and loctited the bolts.

I'd also Loctite the speed sensor magnet screw as you really don't want this to fly off into the bushes and get lost mid ride.

Any missing items just contact Wiggle/CRC and they will send you them.

For me it took a few rides for the front fork to bed in and I was really surprised how well it worked coming from exclusively top end fox forks for the last 20 years... consider me a convert, the rear shock has been great also. If you don't grin ear to ear when you point this bike downhill you're not doing it right :)

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Looks like they are learning as they are now wrapping the bars and controls I had to explicitly ask for the bars wrapped on my second bike which arrived in perfect condition. Both mine were shipped with the front wheel installed so assume they had a spacer in the fork? either way it made it through ok.

The tyres are very sturdy but I've installed a Tyreinvader insert in the rear but seeing as I've settled on relatively high tyre pressures of 30PSI it would probably be ok without TBH.

Sure your already aware but it's best to set the battery mount via thte clamp correctly and ensure its a solid fit to save yourself trail side work (Good idea to Loctite these Battery clamp bolts while your at it IMO). There should be no vertical movement if you try and slide the battery up/down, mine was loose but i'd have set it up myself anyway and loctited the bolts.

I'd also Loctite the speed sensor magnet screw as you really don't want this to fly off into the bushes and get lost mid ride.

Any missing items just contact Wiggle/CRC and they will send you them.

For me it took a few rides for the front fork to bed in and I was really surprised how well it worked coming from exclusively top end fox forks for the last 20 years... consider me a convert, the rear shock has been great also. If you don't grin ear to ear when you point this bike downhill you're not doing it right :)
Good tips on the battery and speed sensor screw ? thanks

andyb90

Dec 19, 2018
Marchwiel
Need to alter the battery mount on mine, going over a small drop off and the power cuts out, guessing as the battery moves slightly just need to get round to it

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
I used the same inner, outer and remote. Previously I had a 2x remote lever for the BikeYoke but the brand-x one is more ergonomic.
Ah do you mean you had to pull the outer very hard to be able to disconnect it from the post then? Please Can you elaborate on your original post?

I am going to swap my stock dropper for a revive too ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
As an FYI the stock Brand X is really good - I have a Fox Factory Transfer, and a Reverb on other bikes and the Brand X has been more reliable and better working than either - I currently have a One Up on my hardtail, and this is the best post I have tried, but I would just point out that you do not need to swap out the dropper that comes with the bike.

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
As an FYI the stock Brand X is really good - I have a Fox Factory Transfer, and a Reverb on other bikes and the Brand X has been more reliable and better working than either - I currently have a One Up on my hardtail, and this is the best post I have tried, but I would just point out that you do not need to swap out the dropper that comes with the bike.
For sure. I have a reverb on my hardtail, a transfer factory on my outgoing kenevo and revive on my enduro. The brand X is perfectly fine, its just I want a 185mm dropper on my esummet. I’ll be putting the brand x on my hardtail and selling the reverb (worst of the bunch). Or if not enough room to slam it, the transfer on the esummet. Either way the reverb is the one thats being ditched!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The transfer was the worst I have had, been warrantied twice in under 100 miles - problem is that if you are sat on it at less than full extension, it won't return to full extension unless you fully lower it. PITA, and have seen reports of others doing the same - it only does it when out riding too, so everything I send it off Silverfish say they cant find a problem.

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
Personally never had any issues with Transfer posts and my current Transfer definitely has never suffered from not returning if sat on without it being fully extended (>1500 miles on it) or any other issue for that matter. Sounds like there is indeed something wrong with your post R120 and i'd personally pursue a replacement off them.

On a side note but related i'm unsure of the internals of the Transfer but on most if not all droppers I know you should never pick your bike up by the saddle or post, technically the issue is doing this with the post not fully extended but just get used to never doing it is a good policy IMO... especially with heavy Ebikes. Clearly doesn't sound like R120s issue as it generally stops the post returning fully or at all. A friend broke his stock dropper fitted to his Giant SX by doing this, so yeah I've seen it done.

The Vitus dropper is fine IMO, a bit slow for my liking and you can't speed it up unless you have the XL but it gets the job done and at a price point that is around the cost of servicing a Transfer!, so I can understand R120s experience as you'd expected your £400ish dropper to work flawlessly and if you get a faulty one it should be replaced no questions.
Only thing that I didn't like was the Stock lever, yeah it works fine but I personally prefer the action of a Wolftooth though you can now get cheaper comparable levers.

Another tip for all droppers is to Torque the clamp.. I find 4Nm is usually enough for me.. as on some droppers it can affect the return if you go too tight.

Seems like a crap shoot with any dropper IME, my personal worst luck has been with Reverbs though many have little issue with them....

How was the custom fit of the One UP R120? or did you just leave it stock extension length?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have the One Up on my hardtail, 170mm (hardtail has straight uninterrupted seat tube so no issues with clearances), haven’t gone custom fit as the full length is fine for what I need. Best post I have tried, no play, and just works as you want it to.

My Transfer has been back to Fox Twice, no more than 100 miles on it, and each time they service it and give it a clean bill of health, but problem persists. I have tried it with 3 different remotes and different seat clamps but no joy - I thought it was a one off but noticed in Singletracks long term test of the Intense Tazer they had the same issue with theirs, and then a bit of googling saw it has happened to others.

Very annoying ! When it works it’s great, but it tends not to work at just the wrong time.

I haven’t actually refitted it since the last service so should try it again.

Last edited:

gtaadicto

Jan 26, 2019
Leon,Spain
This afternoon I had the first ride on my E-sommet. What a blast! Incredibly powerful and grippy, even on super dry&dusty conditions.
It inspired me such confidence that I didn't feel the need to put my protective gear on.
I rode 25.3 km (15.7 mi) with 630m elevation (2066 ft), used 2 bars. 30% eco 50% trail 20% boost.
Will upload a video later.

20190319_192608.jpg
20190319_175106.jpg
20190319_175057.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles