Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Or
Why bother spending money (and upping the cost to the consumer) on a fancy photoshoot when the bikes sell out infinitely faster than they can get them from the factory.
Jeez, was only asking for a couple of iPhone shots from a couple of different angles not a working party trip to the dolomites with drone operators, topless models and an A-list celeb!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
How much do you think taking a few half decent photos and sticking them on the websites is going to add to the cost of each bike in the digital age?
"digital age" doesn't suddenly mean photographers don't charge, deisel is free and employee away from desk time doesn't impact elsewhere.

Not sure why you even care. TBH

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
calm down.

email/insta someone from Vitus if it's that important to you to have a pic of a bike that's not in stock anywhere on the planet.

If you guys want to pay for marketing. Buy a Nukeproof. They'e basically the same products.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
calm down.

email/insta someone from Vitus if it's that important to you to have a pic of a bike that's not in stock anywhere on the planet.
I’m quite calm fella, just saying it would have been nice to be able to look at the bike on their website first, they’ve gone to the trouble of putting some info on there so why not finish it off.

This is obviously the first wave of bikes and more are coming, so it will be in stock, again

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Budget (partly) See above comment on Nukeproof.

Remember it's an inhouse brand. Not a worldwide brand with multiple outlets/distributors

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Done it anyway,.
Btw, I've just had a reply from emax regarding 'tuning ' once I have the software and cable to connect €119 Will get a licence key

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I Completely understand that, but 2 or 3 pics instead of one wouldn’t break the bank I’m sure
TBH I haven't even looked closely. But it's entirely possible the shot in question was taken before the bikes were even available for Vitus to have pics of their own taken.
It's not 'just' about breaking the bank. You realise who owns both NP and Vitus, eh? So you'll probably realise the owners are quite savy at marketing too. It doesn't take a marketing genius to realise why one brand is pushed harder while the other is far better value for money.

Last edited:

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
"digital age" doesn't suddenly mean photographers don't charge, deisel is free and employee away from desk time doesn't impact elsewhere.

Not sure why you even care. TBH

Christ. I'm not sure why you care enough to comment on me caring TBH but as, after as much of a charm offensive as you could manage, passive-aggressive expert on everything Gary is back in the house so I really can't be bothered to argue, not even with the ultimate forum try-hard.

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
last year they had multiple shots, I am guessing they athey just haven't had time to do it yet. I know they had a bike over at MBR for a photoshop and video, which should drop any day now

ECvitus-esommet.jpg

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
well its safe to say my wiggle delivery date of the 13th Dec will come and go without a big box turning up. No sniff of a processed order or delivery notification :(

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Live chat is probably your best bet to get some info from them
Ha brilliant, so as expected wiggle had no intention of getting e-sommet orders out as apparently their stock system messed up and they never actually had any in stock. The bikes are expected in 2-4 weeks as they have previously mentioned but i'll believe that when I see it. Nice of them to inform folk who have ordered and paid for them.

I may pre order a Canyon just in case this turns out to be a turkey

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
I ordered a M sized when it came available. TNT has picked it today and it's heading to Finland at the moment.
Then they have lied again then as the wiggle online help dude said no 2019 e sommet have been in stock and won’t be for 2-4 weeks. He did say I could get a refund but with £570 off list price, no your ok thanks, keep it pending!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
its much smaller than I had expected, in a good way - less than the diameter of the flange on a set of death grips. Also in a different league of quality of constriction to the E6000 switch, very positive push with the buttons, and they need a proper push to get the click that activates them, meaning less likely to accidentally switch modes. Will hook it up in the morning.

IMG_4019.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles